Best/Worst in the Series Round 123

NinjaMonkey

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even know why ppl bother to train Roy in the first place

Like Lumi said, Boltings. Also, I don't want to have to rescue him all the time.

Cant we just feed him angelic robes and talismans?

He'll need a lot of those to survive a Bolting around C20 at base and there's better places where at least Robes could go to. Like units who don't suck at killing things.

It's better if you just feed him a few kills here and there and let his HP take its course. He should be able to survive at least one of them fuckers by the time they start appearing.

Most: Fiona. Good growhs and a horse. Epic time to join the team.

Least: Tibarn. I'll quote smash here:

Tibarn

LOLTIBARN.

LOL56ATT.

LOL40AS.

LOL32DEF.

LOL109AVOID.

LOL40TEAR.

LOL10MOVE.

LOLCANTO.

LOLFLYING.

LOLFORMSHIFT.

LOL100CAPACITY.

Most: Kurthnaga, his best stat (combat wise excluding HP) was 30, and this was him transformed. Not to mention the fact that he has a mere 16 skill and 20 speed transformed and gets to use his formshift for only two chapters. I know he has solid growths and fantastic caps, but it all seems meaningless compared to his bad bases. (dishonorable mention to Wendy and Ena FE10 and 9)

Reminds me that I could say that Gareth was disappointing in that he's physically durable, but joins at a time where magic is used exclusively, pretty much.

Most: Amelia

Sophia hits Resistance. Lyre can actually dodge. Wendy can take a hit without dying.

Amelia can't do any of the above. Throw in Armor Knight movement and Pegasus Knight constitution, bases that are weaker than those of loldiers (in FE8 nonetheless), some of the weakest growths in her game...end result is complete fail. 1 point for the adorable romance with Franz though :3:

Dishonorable Mentions: Any of the Est archetypes (outside of Nino, since her bases for a Level 5 are actually good), Wendy, Sophia, Lyre, Karel in FE7, the other two trainees, Roy, Leaf, Sigurd

Least: FE5!Sety

FE5 was based around a much more localized conflict. Stuff like Earth Swords were treated like legendary weapons in that game, magic users were lucky to get anything above the basic Fire or the like, and Leaf made Roy look good in comparison. The result was a feeling that Leaf was a complete failure at [acronym|life because doing well in wars is all that really matters to princes in FE]leading his rebellion[/acronym] and that everyone you recruited wouldn't last 5 seconds in FE4.

Suddenly, a green haired mage shows up packing ungodly high stats. And a 10% chance to refresh himself after each movement. And absolutely insane skills. So obviously you think he's a boss. QUE RECRUITMENT

So you go to give him Grancalibur because it's the best wind spell in the game, and then you notice he has HOLSETY on him. Which got another +10 to skill, because apparently it wasn't broken enough in FE4.

Que rest of the game being destroyed horribly although Saphy does this even harder because lolFE5!Warp.

Honorable Mentions: Athos, FE6!Karel, Seth, Haar, FE10!Ike

Sophia hits Resistance. Lyre can actually dodge. Wendy can take a hit without dying.

Never mind the fact that Wendy has the worst join situation EVER (and is the worst unit in FE history; seriously, what can I do with an armor who joins underleveled AND with horrid bases right before an axefest? Also, considering Wendy gets doubled by pretty much anything that isn't an armor...), Sophia has around 50% accuracy against pretty much everything, and lololyre because lolcatgauge.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Never mind the fact that Wendy has the worst join situation EVER (and is the worst unit in FE history; seriously, what can I do with an armor who joins underleveled AND with horrid bases right before an axefest? Also, considering Wendy gets doubled by pretty much anything that isn't an armor...), Sophia has around 50% accuracy against pretty much everything, and lololyre because lolcatgauge.

Amelia has the same problems outside of the cat gauge. She has bases that make Wendy's look good, the fact that it isn't an axefest after she joins doesn't matter when EVERYTHING murders her, her horrible constitution gives her Sophia level accuracy, and Lyre can at least dodge.

In addition, all of the three mentioned above have one thing going for each of them. Wendy can break down a wall. Sophia (if she lives to that point, because lol :Sophia: ) can use Nosferatu, and Lyre at least can do some sort of damage against really low Defense units and double more often than once in a blue moon.

Also, Amelia is literally a recruit.

Edited by Lightli

Amelia has the same problems outside of the cat gauge. She has bases that make Wendy's look good, the fact that it isn't an axefest after she joins doesn't matter when EVERYTHING murders her, her horrible constitution gives her Wendy level accuracy, and Lyre can at least dodge.

At least Amelia's trainable, which I can't say of either of the other three. Accuracy is the least of Wendy's problems; Wendy gets ruined by everything. Plus, Wendy's bases aren't much better aside from Defense. On Lyre: Wasting Player Phases grassing up isn't good, and her damage output stinks. WRT Sophia: She's not only one-shotted by physical units, she's also doubled. Also, the threat of crits means even mages are dangerous to her.

EDIT:

In addition, all of the three mentioned above have one thing going for each of them. Wendy can break down a wall. Sophia (if she lives to that point, because lol :Sophia: ) can use Nosferatu, and Lyre at least can do some sort of damage against really low Defense units and double more often than once in a blue moon.

Also, Amelia is literally a recruit.

You're desperate if you're resorting to the breaking walls argument. Sophia... her AS is already bad enough with Flux, but Nosferatu?? It doesn't do her much good if she's getting doubled (and that's saying nothing of what happens if she happens to miss). And most of the low def units are mages (fire and thunder in particular scare Lyre, because fire's effective on beast laguz, and thunder sages have crit on her)... so yeah. And again, being a laguz means having an innate Provoke as far as ranged attackers are concerned. Plus, she's a cat, and cat gauge drops like a ton of bricks.

What's your point?

Edited by Metal King Slime

Wendy gets onerounded by an archer on her join chapter .______.

Not saying that Amelia isn't onerounded by everything either, but Wendy's durability on HM is nothing to write home about.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

At least Amelia's trainable, which I can't say of either of the other three. Accuracy is the least of Wendy's problems; Wendy gets ruined by everything. Plus, Wendy's bases aren't much better aside from Defense. On Lyre: Wasting Player Phases grassing up isn't good, and her damage output stinks. WRT Sophia: She's not only one-shotted by physical units, she's also doubled. Also, the threat of crits means even mages are dangerous to her.

Sophia at least has the luxury of a Flux tome, which allows her to pick off weakened physical units without the risk of a counter if she misses. All of them can be trained, but only Sophia stands a reasonable chance of doing it without the Arena or the Tower (which she can't even use).

Edited by X-Naut

Sophia at least has the luxury of a Flux tome, which allows her to pick off weakened physical units without the risk of a counter if she misses. All of them can be trained, but only Sophia stands a reasonable chance of doing it without the Arena or the Tower (which she can't even use).

Even so, when you're trying to do so at far from reliable hit rates...

IMO Wendy and Amelia and such weren't all the disappointing because I never expected them to be good in the first place.

This is why I didn't vote for them, as well.

They're scrubs and novices even in story, for god sakes. I feel like disappointing is when you're such an epic fighter storyline wise and then your stats suck. But I guess it's up to each their own interpretation.

Hrm. The Jeigans come to mind, but seriously. I have something against Garcia. He sounds like he's the greatest Warrior in the land, and then poof, we're stuck with a Fighter with crap accuracy and mediocre durability. >.<

Hrm. The Jeigans come to mind, but seriously. I have something against Garcia. He sounds like he's the greatest Warrior in the land, and then poof, we're stuck with a Fighter with crap accuracy and mediocre durability. >.<

I never had any problems with Garcia's accuracy. He's strong enough to generally 2HKO with Iron or Hatchet. His durability is decent too. He has the same defensive growths as Franz, for instance, and a great HP base. His speed is the big issue.

But you're right that Garcia should have been a bit tougher given that he's supposed to be a "feared military leader" or w/ever. If Garcia is a feared military leader, what does that make Gerik? Or Seth?

Edited by Anouleth

I never had any problems with Garcia's accuracy. He's strong enough to generally 2HKO with Iron or Hatchet. His durability is decent too. He has the same defensive growths as Franz, for instance, and a great HP base. His speed is the big issue.

But you're right that Garcia should have been a bit tougher given that he's supposed to be a "feared military leader" or w/ever. If Garcia is a feared military leader, what does that make Gerik? Or Seth?

Mm you're right, it must be that spd which doesn't let him dodge. His high HP sort means shit because you cant really send him through hordes of enemies and expect him to remain alive(although it MAY be possible as a hero). I also have accuracy problems with him- mainly in chapter four. I guess a case of PEMN, but he's been inaccurate a lot of times. Now thankfully Fire Emblem games like sending us lance users to fight, but the guy's just so mediocre its painful. >.<

Well Gerik was known as the Desert Tiger. I wonder how good does that sound. Oh, and how the hell did he lose to Garcia? xD Seth's just a trusted knight who gets his title after he war of the Stones. Thankfully our muscle prick Garcia goes back to being a nobody(if you support with Ross.) I forgot what his normal ending's like.

Seth was a general, IIRC.

Also god

FE8 enemies are slow, though. Garcia may not double much, but he can at least dodge some once in a while, after all, he's got WTA on most of them.