Anyone have PSP firmware 5.03?

FalconVegeta1986

I'm trying to get homebrew to work on my PSP, but all the links I try to get 5.03 are broken or removed. So I was wondering on the off chance that someone here has a PSP with firmware 5.03 if they could upload it for me to download, or point me in the direction of a link that isn't broken/removed. Thanks guys!

What model PSP do you have? If it's possible to, I'd recommend getting a "Pandora's Battery", since if something messes up later on and your system "bricks", you can unbrick it yourself.

In any case, Google searching "PSP firmware 5.03" (without quotes) yielded some good sites.

Edited by STOUT SHAKO FOR 2 REFINED

What model PSP do you have? If it's possible to, I'd recommend getting a "Pandora's Battery", since if something messes up later on and your system "bricks", you can unbrick it yourself.

It's model 1000. I'd rather not do the pandora thing if I don't have to, but it's looking that way.

In any case, Google searching "PSP firmware 5.03" (without quotes) yielded some good sites.

Problem is, the download link on all of those sites is either broken or deleted/removed, so they're no good.

Depending on what you're trying to run or install, you may be fine using more up to date official firmware as a starting platform. If you want to install up-to-date custom firmware, then, as Hika indicated, you can do that from 6.60 (unless of course your aim to install older custom firmware). Going this route you shouldn't need bother with a Pandora battery with a 1000 series.

If you're trying to run or install something else, then I don't know. It all depends on what specifically you want to do, and possibly what firmware your PSP has currently - perhaps 5.03 would be most suitable (though I suspect it's unnecessary).

Unfortunately, I don't personally know of a reputable repository for official PSP firmwares so I won't make any recommendations on that front, but Google should hopefully yield useful results.