Uncaring Night OOC

Defeatist Elitist

Silly questions: What is a whetstone used for? If lighting fires, is it better than flint/steel? I'd ask what gear other than a fishing hook and block and tackle would I need to be able to fish in the wield, but the surrounding area being desert and mountains and shit, I'm not sure it would be worth having.

Edited by Rehab

Silly questions: What is a whetstone used for? If lighting fires, is it better than flint/steel? I'd ask what gear other than a fishing hook and block and tackle would I need to be able to fish in the wield, but the surrounding area being desert and mountains and shit, I'm not sure it would be worth having.

That's basically all you'd need to fish, and there are lakes around. It's not so much that the area is desert, but more that it's somewhat inhospitable in places. Primarily, it's pretty cold, though not like Siberia or anything, and while there are lots of desert like stretches and mountains, there are also conifer forests and lakes and whatnot..

Sorry for lateness, I'm not sure how to make the action "run for my gear" happen and get calculated and everything, or how many actions that would take. Or what my chances are.

Sorry for lateness, I'm not sure how to make the action "run for my gear" happen and get calculated and everything, or how many actions that would take. Or what my chances are.

Alright, that's no problem.

Basically, if you're trying to do something with a decent chance of failure (in this case, getting up the stairs despite the crowd), which includes most skill checks, attacks, etc, you roll a d20 and add the relevent modifier (total melee attack bonus for melee attacks, skill bonus for skills, etc). In this case, your best bet for getting up the stairs is either with a Jump check (which would be 1d20+8 against a target, or DC, of 20), or throwing your grappling hook (1d20+7 against a DC of 14), and then climbing the rope (1d20+1 against a DC of 5, but we'll just assume you succeed on that if you try). Attempting to jump would take one action, so you could try it twice, whereas throwing the grappling hook and then climbing would take two actions all told, so you could only try it once in your turn. Generally, each turn you've mostly just got your Standard and Move actions to think about, with your move action being "move up to 30ft" or do a less involved action or something similar, and your standard action being doing an attack or doing a more involved action. All out attacks and really involved actions often take a Full Round Action which uses all your actions for that round.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DE, can you give us a preview of what's to come, saturday morning anime style?

Next time, on Uncaring Night

Edited by Rehab

• 2 months later...

[spoiler=nominating Boss theme]

(also my internet's about to go about but I'd like to get a post in next morning before the fight starts, sorry for not having done so already)

Edited by Rehab

THE FAIR CITY OF PEROVAC PRESENTS

STERNBLADE MANHANDS, SON OF GREGOR, WANDERER OF THE EIGHT REALMS, SLAYER OF THE UNDYING, DEATH'S FAVOURED SON WHO FEEDS THE WORMS AND WHOM VULTURES FOLLOW

IN THE FIGHT OF A LIFETIME

AGAINST A FLESH GOLEM STRAIGHT FROM A DEMENTED SORCEROR'S LABORATORY

ziFV.pngflesh_golem_by_el_grimlock-d36fn0c.jpg

STERNBLADE v GOLEM

COMING to an ARENA NEAR YOU

• 3 weeks later...