Allen's lineage

Paper Jam

In the Lance-Allen support conversations, Lance describes Allen as "one of a long line of knights serving the Pherae family."

This seems rather odd to me, considering that the only surviving Knights of Pherae from FE7 were Lowen (who was one of a long line of cooks, not knights), Marcus (and we have no evidence that he is Allen's father; it should have come up in the Marcus-Allen support conversations, at least), Harken and Isadora. Does that mean that Harken and Isadora were Allen's parents?

Or was Allen born before FE7, to one of the knights who accompanied Elbert and was killed?

Stuff like this is why I hate this series' storytelling. Alen doesn't look like any of those people, so it's probably just something they forgot when making FE7. It feels like they write whatever they want, without making sure it fits.

Wait, this doesn't seem right at all... where did it say this in the game?

All of the Knights of Pherae who accompanied Elbert were killed except for Harken, and the only knights who didn't accompany Elbert were Marcus, Isadora, and Lowen. That's why Groznyi made his power play in chapter 11: "We've all heard that the knights of Pherae have vanished, right? Well, your misfortune is my good luck! I have an announcement to make! As of now, this village is mine!"

Also, when Isadora rejoined Eliwood in chapter 20, Eliwood was concerned that there would be no one to defend Castle Pherae.

Perhaps, at the time of FE7, Allen's father was already dead and Allen was a kid living in the castle? Perhaps Allen's father was one of the knights who was killed? There's no reason why Allen's father would have to still be alive during the events of FE7.

Edited by Anouleth

My other idea is that each unit represents a faction of units in FE, so there was more than just Isadora, Harken, and etc left. That would be retarded if Elbert took all but two.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

"Well, Eliwood, I'm going on an important quest. I can't tell you exactly what it is but it may be dangerous and I will be taking my finest knights."

"Okay father. So I take it Harken is going with you?"

"Yes, I will bring Harken with me. And a couple of others."

"How about Marcus, the powerful veteran Paladin that can steamroll entire legions of enemy forces by himself?"

"I did say my finest knights...I'm afraid Marcus does not fit this qualification :("

My other idea is that each unit represents a faction of units in FE, so there was more than just Isadora, Harken, and etc left. That would be retarded if Elbert took all but two.

I agree. Pherae isn't a large territory, but I think it's safe to assume that there's more to the army than Harken, Isadora, Marcus, Lowen and Elbert's elite posse. We just don't see them. :3

Edited by Popo

Someone had to stay and protect the castle. Isadora's too busy being Eleanora's lady-in-waiting.

Eliwood did say that without Isadora at the castle, its defenses were shorthanded, which implied that they weren't when she was there.

So no, Isadora wasn't too busy to defend the castle while she was there.

Edited by Paper Jam

Maybe he wanted his other knights to gain experience? Maybe he was afraid Marcus would hog all the exp?

This is now the canon explanation. Elbert was just an FE newbie.

"Well, Eliwood, I'm going on an important quest. I can't tell you exactly what it is but it may be dangerous and I will be taking my finest knights."

"Okay father. So I take it Harken is going with you?"

"Yes, I will bring Harken with me. And a couple of others."

"How about Marcus, the powerful veteran Paladin that can steamroll entire legions of enemy forces by himself?"

"I did say my finest knights...I'm afraid Marcus does not fit this qualification :("

Sigurd and Seth and fe10 Haar clones made up the army.

Maybe if he took Marcus, he'd have been successful and there'd be no FE7.

Silly Elbert is a noob.

And we wouldn't have Nino fanboys, and that would be a relief sad

I agree. Pherae isn't a large territory, but I think it's safe to assume that there's more to the army than Harken, Isadora, Marcus, Lowen and Elbert's elite posse. We just don't see them. :3

Alan could be Isadoras chold through Geitz

This is now the canon explanation. Elbert was just an FE newbie.

Yep.

Jeigan hater

where did it say that Elbert took every knight?

It didn't.

1) Elbert took a troop of his "finest knights"; all were killed except for Harken. Marcus, presumably, was left behind to protect his wife and child.

2) Lowen and Marcus were NOT the only Pherean knights left behind. In Ch.11 EM, Marcus specifically questions Eliwood's decision to bring so few troops, to which Eliwood responds that he'd rather not deprive his mother of "a single knight."

Allen probably just comes from a nameless Pherean knight. And for the record, FE6/7 have pretty good continuity; I can't think of any real errors (beyond Rebecca's ability to die in 7, which is a little odd).

where did it say that Elbert took every knight?

It doesn't. All the game says is that Elbert had "mysteriously vanished… as have a number of his sworn men, loyal knights who serve at his side." Eliwood also says "[t]he best knights in the realm disappeared with [his] father" and that he would "rather not deprive [his] mother of even a single guard". It's extremely likely that there were still other, unnamed knights stationed at Pherae.

Also, it's possible that Allen was indeed born before the beginning of FE7 or sometime during the course of its story. All we know about his age is that he's in his twenties.

Edited by Gustave

Where does it say that he is in his twenties? I must have missed that.

And if it's true, then he must have been born by FE7; FE6 only took place 20 years later.

It says so in the Character Ages section, but I don't know where they got those numbers from.

It says so in the Character Ages section, but I don't know where they got those numbers from.

Ta-da~!

http://www.serenesforest.net/media/fe6illust/b/Alen.jpg

It's from the FE6/FE7 character artbook, which I'm assuming was published by Nintendo and therefore official.

Edited by Popo