Burning Forest 3

Kaoz

8 members have voted

1. 1. What are your prefered character limitations?

• Meta Knight only
    • High Tier and below (i.e. MK banned)
    • Mid Tier and below
    • Low Tier
    • No restrictions
    • Two or more of the above (specifiy in the thread)
  2. 2. Would you participate in Burning Forest 4?

I'm available today from like 5-6 and should be available a lot of tomorrow (just let me know when) as well as next week anytime after 1 (it's spring break for me next week, but I still have track practice in the mornings so I can't play until 1PM EST or so).

EDIT: I think I have to play Kaoz and whase, btw.

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mopped the floor with me. It doesnt help that my mom was calling me during one or two of the battles to rant about stuff that wasnt needed...but i digress, cause you would have won regardless.

On another note I still haven't heard from Kaoz or whase...

I'll be available this evening 10 PM to 1 AM GMT+1

or this thursday, between 1 and 5 PM. or Friday, between 3 and 5 PM or 7 PM to 1 AM

anyone else I still have to play against? I didn't really keep track of whom I did or didn't play.

Indeed it's over.

First of all, I want to apologize for running this one rather poorly and my lack of enthusiasm. I didn't really feel like touching Brawl in the past few weeks and my subpar connection didn't exactly help either, so yeah, sorry about that.

With that being said, here are the Burning Forest 3 results:

Mid Tier

1: PKL

2: Magnus Blade

3: Luffy

4: fuzz94

5: Kaoz

6: whase

[spoiler=Bracket]

TXjoD.png

Low Tier

1: PKL

2: Magnus Blade

3: Luffy

4: whase

5: Kaoz

6: fuzz94

[spoiler=Bracket]

1n4Pc.png

Congratulations to PKL for winning both events.

Thanks to everyone who participated, I hope it was at least somewhat enjoyable.

Lastly, I won't host Burning Forest 4 until I got back into the game a bit which may or may not be soon. I might make a few polls to wrap this one up if I can think of some questions though.

Edited by Kaoz

I think you screwed up with the results - the order of the people not named PKL or Magnus Blade are messed due to unplayed matches, and should manually be corrected.

Not that it matters, really, though. But, er, yeah.

/I got Naruto work, but Brawl is a big mess. Meh.

Where's mah MK banned option? Voted No restrictions except for MK banned of course.

I counted MK as God Tier, so that would be the second option. I'll edit the option to make it clearer though.

Kaoz would have won if his connection didn't suck

But he only knows how to use MK. :awesome:

You guys should get that adapater to have wired connection. I heard it works MUCH better.

I also voted for MK only because I don't know how to use MK and it'd be fun to learn him just for this.

Edited by The Leaving Song II

Nice results.

I bet Magnus Blade impressed most of you.

Haha, PKL's the one that deserves the praise. =P

You guys should get that adapater to have wired connection. I heard it works MUCH better.

I have the LAN Adapter. It really depends on the game, both player's connection combined, and the distance in between. It does help reduce frame lag a ton. But if even if both sides have the adapter, if one naturally has a great connection while the other has a pretty bad one, there will be a lot of nasty input lag. The frames will go smoothly though. That's why I only used my adapter when playing against people like PKL, MKalll, and Luffy, because they all seemed to have a really good connection established with me. Whether or not either of us have natural good connection is unknown to me. I tried it with everyone else, but I eventually had to leave the room, reset, and change to wireless. That helped a tad at the cost of a bit of frame lag.

Summed up: Distance screws you over big time...and since Brawl doesn't have good Wi-Fi to begin with, bad combination there. T_T

And I picked High Tier and below. That way, I can use more of my characters besides my best only. XD

Edited by Magnus Blade

@kalll- that came off as meatriding. @magnus blade- ur probably the best player ive played here. @ soul- u still suck. Go join my team tournament. @ everyone- why is no one joining my team tournament? :(

Summed up: Distance screws you over big time...and since Brawl doesn't have good Wi-Fi to begin with, bad combination there. T_T

And Gamestop states the online mode is "relatively lagless". :awesome:

This is for MarciaxrolfPKL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7cz5c9G4tk

Not to boast or anything, but I don't think I'm too bad.

Edited by The Leaving Song II

• 1 month later...