Assassin's Creed 3

Fenrir

So earlier today i was doing some surfing on the web about when the new AC comes out, and what it'll be about. Early speculation says American Revolution. I like the idea a lot, running around killing people with muskets with bayonets sounds really fun. I would also love to have a redcoat outfit that looks super badass. But another idea Ubisoft had caught my attention as well. The Russian Revolution, i am amused by all things Russian so i thought it would be cool.

Any thoughts on new game and Russian Revolution are welcome.

(Just for the record I would probly rather have the American Revolution and be playing as a kick ass guy who teams up with a badass George Washington.)

Hmm, I remember hearing that Ubisoft wanted to use settings that aren't that common these days. My guess would be either French Revolution, or Japan at the time when the Shogunate disappeared and the country started to be more influenced by outside forces.

Yeah, Japan France, it could all be cool. I think(hope at least) they will make the transition kick ass no matter what. The main thing is making the next character a badass while having indivuality compared to Altair and Ezio. I don't wanna feel like I'm playing the same character. But I don't want to be doing something radically different in a radically different place.

There have been rumors like that for ages, that you'll play a female character, but it's actually not possible.

As far as my memories go, I recall that one explanation for Desmond being able to "dive" into Altair's/Ezio's bodies is that they are very similar in their physical constituion, you know, height and the like. A male re-experiencing female memories is therefore unlikely, since they are too different.

There have been rumors like that for ages, that you'll play a female character, but it's actually not possible.

As far as my memories go, I recall that one explanation for Desmond being able to "dive" into Altair's/Ezio's bodies is that they are very similar in their physical constituion, you know, height and the like. A male re-experiencing female memories is therefore unlikely, since they are too different.

How is it unlikely? This could be completely and easily written out by the use of a newer, better version of the Animus. This has already been done before, in fact, in use with the swimming mechanic.

I was always under the impression that the phenotype of the Ancestor didn't matter, as long as Desmond had a traceable gene in him that could lead back to the answer in question. And by this, it wouldn't matter if it was a male or female, all that would matter is if there was a common gene. However, I could be wrong, and you could very well be correct with the body constitution.

Though the idea of a better Animus could be possible, I don't believe in it.

Swimming is an entirely different matter. It would have been possible, but due to a bug in the programming of Animus 1.0 (at least according to the game manual of AC2), Desmond was unable to swim.

Hmm, I just remembered something. If you got out of the Animus in AC:Brotherhood, and talked to Rebecca, she mentioned once that she envied Desmond for having such cool ancestors. I think she said something like... she tried it out, and ended up in the body of a prussian soldier, guarding cannons or something.

So either the game designers were contradicting themselves by accident, or it is possible to dive into the bodies of ancestors with a different gender using Animus 2.0.

Still, I clearly remember that one of the main reasons for Desmond's kidnapping was his constitution being similar to Altair's (and 16's death). *thinking hard*

Edited by Xiltas

Though the idea of a better Animus could be possible, I don't believe in it.

Swimming is an entirely different matter. It would have been possible, but due to a bug in the programming of Animus 1.0 (at least according to the game manual of AC2), Desmond was unable to swim.

Hmm, I just remembered something. If you got out of the Animus in AC:Brotherhood, and talked to Rebecca, she mentioned once that she envied Desmond for having such cool ancestors. I think she said something like... she tried it out, and ended up in the body of a prussian soldier, guarding cannons or something.

So either the game designers were contradicting themselves by accident, or it is possible to dive into the bodies of ancestors with a different gender using Animus 2.0.

Still, I clearly remember that one of the main reasons for Desmond's kidnapping was his constitution being similar to Altair's (and 16's death). *thinking hard*

So it could be easily written away as another bug of the Animus, which they had simply assumed was a genetic incompatibility. Problem solved.

I know I'm a little late on this SF, but it looks like I was right about American Revolution. Tomahawk, bow and arrow, guns. Looks like a pretty god damn awesome game. One problem will be the vertical aspect which colonial America lacked. I saw a picture of the guy up in a tree, so we will see how it works out.

Anybody have guesses for Desmond?

Looks badass, can't wait to maul people with a tomahawk!

Also looks as if the vertical dimensions of the game will take place in the forest. Well done, ubisoft.

• 2 weeks later...

So earlier today i was doing some surfing on the web about when the new AC comes out, and what it'll be about. Early speculation says American Revolution. I like the idea a lot, running around killing people with muskets with bayonets sounds really fun. I would also love to have a redcoat outfit that looks super badass. But another idea Ubisoft had caught my attention as well. The Russian Revolution, i am amused by all things Russian so i thought it would be cool.

Any thoughts on new game and Russian Revolution are welcome.

(Just for the record I would probly rather have the American Revolution and be playing as a kick ass guy who teams up with a badass George Washington.)

The AC comic is based in Russia. It only has three books, though, I think? The last one I read was the third. That's all I know.

Ehh... I like it being the American Revolution but do we have to kill the British? I mean, if we are playing as a Native American...

But anything anti-AMERICA IS BOSS doesn't float to well in NA.

Also, instead of calling Assassins to our aid are we calling animals?

CAW

The AC comic is based in Russia. It only has three books, though, I think? The last one I read was the third. That's all I know.

Ehh... I like it being the American Revolution but do we have to kill the British? I mean, if we are playing as a Native American...

But anything anti-AMERICA IS BOSS doesn't float to well in NA.

Also, instead of calling Assassins to our aid are we calling animals?

CAW

The article in Gameinformer was great, I recommend reading it. It said that we'll be diving in and out of the war, against some americans, with some americans. Hopefully the same with british, I share your concern for a cliche plot.