[FE8] SOYO

Arngrim

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I couldn't do a lot about it because 13th was being a chump.

And this team is never going to happen again ever unless there are some other silly people out there, so it would be silly to even try my hardest to get great turncounts. I already knew I was going to do this since the start, so I half assed some chapters, like 12, 14 and 18.

You'll see. One day I'll get a team of BS and overcome your record. >8[

You do realize I sandbagged this because I don't care about being at the top right? If I ever get a draft where I don't go Ephraim route and get Franz or Vanessa, i'll probably eclipse this turncount myself.

Is Moulder really all that of a useful Warper if his Mag sucks? Warping 4 tiles doesn't seem to be much of a help. On Ch 19, he can probably save a turn for average Mov units, but I never saw much use in Warpers unless it's like, Saleh, but even then, he could have trouble getting A in staves if he's conecentrating in fighting.

But what about Moulder, Natasha and L'Arachel? They won't ever reach that kind of Mag without taking long and getting lucky. And Saleh, the staff user with the best Mag base has a crappy growth.

Teams:

1. General Horace- Marisa,Franz,Lute,Vanessa,Saleh,Garcia,Ross

Horace won.

You let the master get the 3 best units AND a warper

And Ross and Lute are alright.

I didn't even check to see if Horace had finished it, I can tell.

Auto w1n.

If I ever get a draft where I don't go Ephraim route and get Franz or Vanessa, i'll probably eclipse this turncount myself.

OMG you're going to single-turn the entire game? Or just cut your previous turncount in half? ;)

Is Moulder really all that of a useful Warper if his Mag sucks? Warping 4 tiles doesn't seem to be much of a help. On Ch 19, he can probably save a turn for average Mov units, but I never saw much use in Warpers unless it's like, Saleh, but even then, he could have trouble getting A in staves if he's conecentrating in fighting.

You get a minimum range of 5.

That said, there are places where you can do stuff with a range of 6 that you can't with 5. (And of course having a really long range is nice for final, and in general.) In my entry on the leaderboard, I got Natz to 12 Mag (in addition to Saleh being a sexy beast) just in time for it to be useful on Ch 20.

And yeah you kinda have to staff-spam Saleh, and find someone else to do combat. I definitely lost turns in that other draft by not putting enough effort into this.

Edited by zahlman

• 1 month later...

Forget it. I give up. I can't get past chapters 7 and 8 without taking penalties, losing a unit, or stalling for tons of turns. Eirika used up all of Rapier and I've restarted the maps so much I've started to worry what will happen to my sanity after this.

Yeah, I take the GTFO penalty. I'll try a regular FE8 draft later on.