The Lord of the Rings

Hazuki

Big fan, read them in high school. Always wanted to read them again but never found the time. I am very excited for the Hobbit movie... though I never read it, I think I might have to read it before watching it. Also, if you're really hardcore, read The Silmarillion, I personally couldn't do it.

what? LotR purple prose?

perhaps i may have read the entirely wrong edition, but i found that LotR was far from purple. yes, there were long passages where he described the scenery, what they were doing, and there were long passages where he described the mythos of middle earth, but overall it was rather digestible as a book.

with the wrong mentality, yes, it could be a chore to go through the novel. but that's more because the man was entirely dedicated to world-building, not because his language got in the way.

• 3 weeks later...

I've only read the friendship of the ring, two towers, and return of the king. I've never read the hobbit yet =o

Oh and I also watched the 3 movies. I love Pippin and Gimli so much <3 They're so silly and likable!

its the fellowship of the ring