• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should I play through Lyn's mode?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Should Nils/Ninian be allowed?

• Yes
    • No

Hahaha ... think what you will, but I'm doing it. I'm going to play through HNM (because I haven't the patience for HHM at the moment) using only the Sacaean characters: Lyn, Rath, Guy, Karel, and Karla. I'm not playing for LTC or anything, I'm just doing this because I can. :P

So ... I'm going to be giving myself some rules to follow on this playthrough. And, so I don't end up ragequitting two chapters into the game, I'm going to make myself some allowances as well. Feel free to give me your opinions on what I should do, but keep in mind that I have no obligation to actually follow through those suggestions.

1. The following characters must be deployed in all chapters they are available: Lyn, Rath, Guy, Karel, and Karla. Oh, and Hector's there too since he's forced ... I guess. In chapters where I can't deploy all five Sacaeans (such as chapters 30), I'll take the lowest leveled characters instead.

2. I will attempt to get all gaidens (with the exception of 19xx, depending on circumstances).

3. I will use all characters normally until I get Lyn. Meaning that in chapters 11-15, I'm allowed to use everyone I can. (Because soloing earlygame chapters with Guy = lol)

4. Characters who are forced for certain chapters are allowed to be used. Meaning that Hawkeye in 23x, Nino in 28x, and the like, are allowed to be used. Because while I can usually keep them out of combat with a larger party, it'll be more difficult when my party consists of only 3-5 characters (depending on chapter).

5. I can use Bartre and get him to x/5. Because, obviously, I can't get Karla without training him.

Now that the rules are out of the way, here are some options that I want anyone following this playthrough to decide on.

1. Should I use Hector seriously or not? I was originally not going to, because he's not Sacaean, and I've kept two lords out of combat before. But I've never kept the MAIN lord out of combat. Hector's going to be forced in every chapter, whether I like it or not, and if I don't train him, he's going to be a liability. And Rath is the only one in my party who can carry him, and he has better things to do here than carry Hector. So ... use Hector seriously? Yay or nay?

2. Since I won't be doing LTC, I'll be going for supports. The five Sacaeans all support each other one way or another, so everyone can have a support. But ... I have a few options for that. Should I get Lyn an A or B with Rath? Who should I get an A with for Guy? Karel or Rath? Or just get him B's with both? Should I give Karla B Karel only for showing up so late and making me use Bartre, or give her A Karel since he's her only option? Or should I just put Hector in my main party and get everyone an A with someone?

3. Should I play Lyn's mode or not? That'll benefit Lyn a lot and Rath some, and I can solo Lyn's mode with these two only anyway.

I'll start my actual log later. First, I want to see if anyone wants to throw some opinions at me.

Edited by Boron

Add in another region of units

Like nabatans or berns

Or cornwallians

I'm sticking with the Sacaeans only for this playthrough. Besides, isn't Hawkeye the only Nabatan? (Wow, I'd REALLY hate to go through the game using only Hawkeye.)

As far as Hector stands, I'd say use him seriously. That way, you won't have those moments where the enemy will probably sneak pass your units and one-round Hector in those later chapters (I've never played his mode, but I'm pretty sure the enemies there in the late chapters will be pretty nasty) that will result in an instant game over. Plus, you'll get an extra support for Lyn.

Speaking of them, I'm not sure what to suggest for the supports in general. I'll leave that to everyone else who follows.

And yeah, Lyn and Rath can definitely benefit from her mode, so go for it.

All right, since 90% of the current votes are telling me to play through Lyn's mode, through Lyn's mode I shall go! It'll probably benefit Lyn more than Rath, though, because I can at least grab an Angelic Robe and an Energy Ring for Lyn. Since going through LHM means that I have to have a tactician, here's mine:

Name: Cian

Birth Month: August (dark)

And no, Cian is not me. I never name characters after myself, because my name is ridiculous, hard to spell, and even harder to pronounce. He does share my birth month, August, but I also chose August because Rath and Karla are dark affinity. Lyn is wind, Guy is fire, and Karel is light. (I will not pick light.)

Since I play on a cartridge and, therefore, cannot upload amusing pictures like other LPs, I'll "narrate" the story instead. Anyway ... let's go!

Prologue: A Girl from the Plains

Lyn: Hey! Are you awake yet?

Cian: Huh? Wait ... this isn't my home. Where am I? And who are you, weird girl?

Lyn: I'm Lyn of the Lorca tribe. I found you unconscious on the plains.

Cian: Funny ... I don't remember being anywhere near the plains ...

Lyn: Anyway, what's your name?

Cian: Oh ... well, I'm Cian.

Lyn: Cian? What an odd name ...

Cian: Shut up, it's Irish!

Lyn: Hey, did you hear something? I'm going to go check it out! (leaves)

Cian: ... Sure

Lyn: (returns) It's terrible! There are bandits outside! We have to stop them!

Cian: ... Why do we have to stop them? And why do "we" have to stop them?

Lyn: Come on! Let's go! (grabs Cian and drags him out of the ger)

Cian: (once they are on the battlefield) ... There's only two bandits here. Not much of a threat, if you ask me.

Lyn: All right, Cian, tell me what to do!

Cian: ... You need my help to swing a sword and fight bad guys? You need me to TELL you to stop bandits from killing you?

Lyn: ... Don't be like that. I could really use your help.

Cian: Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

So ... anyway, Lyn heads out of the ger to fight the two bandits. I have her attack the first bandit on turn 2 of the player phase, and she dodges. I then finish the bandit off on the enemy phase, but Lyn gets hit. -_- She patches herself up with a vulnerary on turn 3, and I attack Batta on turn 4. She gets hit on player phase, but dodges on enemy phase. Since Batta only has 3 HP left, I don't bother to heal Lyn and just finish Batta off on turn 5. She levels up and gets everything but strength and skill. Seize on turn 6.

Lyn: That was pretty hard work.

Cian: ... So, WHY did you need me again?

Lyn: Let's go home and get some rest.

Cian: ... But I just woke up. Ah, well ...

~The next day~

Lyn: So, Cian, I was thinking ...

Cian: You can think? I'm so happy for you.

Lyn: You're a traveler, right? Would it be all right if I ... went with you?

Cian: What? ... I don't think your parents would be too happy about their daughter running off with some random stranger, don't you think?

Lyn: ... My father and mother ... are dead. They died six months ago in a bandit attack. My tribe ... I'm the only one left.

Cian: Oh, no, now I've done it ... Don't start crying, don't start crying ...

Lyn: Our p-people ... we were completely wiped out. Our tribe was never very large, but ... when the attack was over ... there were fewer than ten of us left ...

Cian: No, don't cry!

Lyn: M-my father was the chieftain ... and I wanted to p-protect our people ... but I was so y-young and b-because I was a woman, no one would follow me ... I-I've been alone here for six months!

Cian: Nice going, genius. You just made the nice - if someone dense - girl cry! Come on, think ... Um, Lyn, was it? I suppose you could come with me ... but why?

Lyn: Thank you, Cian! And, well ... yesterday's battle made me realize ... I'm not going to get any stronger just sitting here alone. I want to be able to avenge my tribe and my father. I want to be able to get stronger.

Cian: Well ... I'm not sure where I'm going, but I guess you're welcome to follow me?

Lyn: Great, then! We set out tomorrow!

Cian: ... What have I gotten myself into?

I have a feeling that the dialogue alone is going to take me a while. Also, characters will be slightly OOC or exaggerated ... on purpose.

Also, I just realized that I never asked about Nils and Ninian. Should I be allowed to use them, or not? Because if I'm going to try to get 19xx, of course I'll need to use NIls. But now that I think about it, I doubt I can get 19xx. Lyn, Guy, and Hector aren't killing Kishuna on their own. -_- But anyway, Ninian and Nils. Yay or nay?

Edited by Boron

Hahaha ... I'll see what I can do, Darros. No promises, though, since this IS Karla we're talking about.

Chapter 1: Footsteps of Fate

Lyn: Cian! I'm over here!

Cian: Yes, Lyn, I can see you just fine.

Lyn: So ... what do you think of Bulgar? It's the biggest city in all of Sacae, you know.

Cian: I'm not impressed. I've seen bigger.

Lyn: What do you mean?

Cian: Lyn. Bulgar may be a big city, for Sacae, but this isn't really - that - big, you know.

Lyn: ... Well. Anyway ... this should be enough supplies to get us through on our travels, right?

Cian: It'll do, until we reach another city, at least.

???: Oh, my heart! Such beauty!

Lyn: Huh?

Cian: What.

*Sain approaches Lyn and Cian*

Sain: Wait, oh beautiful one! May I have the honor of knowing your name?

Lyn: ... It is considered polite to introduce yourself before asking the name of another.

Sain: Ah, how callous of me! I am Sir Sain, a knight in service of House Caelin.

Lyn: I don't know where that is, and I don't care. Let's go, Cian. This guy is weird. (they leave)

Sain: No, wait, please ...

???: Sain, enough!

Sain: Oh ... it's you, Kent.

Kent: What is wrong with you, Sain? In case you have forgotten, we have a mission to complete! Stop wasting time with your incessant flirting!

Lyn: Great ... not that knight again. And now there's another one ... (Lyn walks up to Sain and Kent) Excuse me! Could you move, please?

Kent: Oh ... I'm terribly sorry. Wait ... I apologize, but ... have we met before?

Sain: Hey! I saw her first, Kent! Back off!

Lyn: ... I should've known better than to expect honor from the men of other lands.

Cian: Hey! What about me?

Lyn: Let's go, Cian, I'm out of patience. (they leave)

~Five minutes later~

Lyn: Run, Cian! We're being chased!

Cian: I know that, Lyn, I'm already running!

Lyn: Is it those men from before? No ... these men are out for blood!

Cian: ... You couldn't tell just by looking at them?

Bandit: You! Your name is Lyndis, is it now?

Lyn: What? How do you know my name?

Cian: Lyn, didn't your mother ever teach you not to talk to strangers who want to kill you?

Bandit: So you are, Lyndis, then! Come on out, boys, time to go to work! (bandits pop out from the forests)

Cian: ... How did we not notice them there?

Lyn: Oh, no ... there are too many of them ...

???: Never fear! Caelin knights to the rescue!

Bandit/Lyn: What?

*Sain and Kent show up*

Kent: Sain ... that was the absolute stupidest thing you could've said.

Sain: (ignores him) You scum! Such numbers against a lady? You are all cowards! I shall strike you all down with my lance!

Kent: ... I apologize for my partner's stupidity. (turns to Cian) You there! You're a tactician, are you not?

Cian: ... How did you know that just by looking at me?

Kent: Forgive me, but now is not the time. My partner and I will help you both rout these bandits. Will that be acceptable?

Lyn: Cian?

Cian: Sure ... that's fine. But first ... perhaps you could stop your, um, partner? (points to Sain)

Kent: (turns to Sain, who is charging at the boss with his lance waving wildly in the air) No, Sain! Stop! (goes after him)

Cian: ... Anyway. Lyn, you're on your own for now. Like before, all right?

Wow, that was rather long. I need to find a better way to "summarize" the pre-battle dialogue. Anyway ... I move Sain and Kent to the top of the map, to keep them out of the way. Then I just have Lyn attack the bandits. After a few whacks, she levels up and gets a few good stats, but not strength. At least she has defense and HP. She defeats the boss on turn 8 of the enemy phase. She didn't get hit once on this map! (And I do believe that she finished off the boss with an unnecessary critical.) She levels up again and gets strength this time (among other stuff).

Kent: (approaches Lyn and Cian, dragging Sain after him) I truly apologize for my partner's deplorable actions ... we were not of any help.

Cian: That's fine. So, I guess we part ways now?

Kent: Actually ... there is something important I must tell you ...

Lyn: What is it?

Kent: Perhaps ... miss, are you, by any chance, related to someone named Madelyn?

Lyn: (sniffs) Madelyn ... is my mommy ... (bursts into tears)

Cian: Oh, no ... not again ...

Kent: (alarmed) I-I'm sorry ... did I say something wrong?

Cian: Well ... it's just that her parents died six months ago.

Sain: Yes ... as we were aware. Weren't we, Kent?

Kent: I apologize ... but I had to be certain. Lyndis, my partner Sain and I are from the canton of Caelin in Lycia. Our marquess, Lord Hausen, sent us to Sacae to find his granddaughter. I think you may be her.

Lyn: W-what makes you think that?

Sain: Lord Hausen's daughter was named Madelyn. Sixteen years ago, she eloped with a nomad and fled Caelin for Sacae. And then ... just earlier this year, after years of no word, we received a letter from Lady Madelyn.

Kent: She wrote of her life in the plains, of her family. She mentioned that she and her husband had a daughter named Lyndis. The marquess wished to meet with his daughter and her family and sent us to them. But ... when we came to Bulgar, we had already heard ...

Lyn: ... (sniff)

Sain: Milady, will you accompany us to Caelin to meet with your grandfather?

Lyn: This ... it's so hard to believe ... I was alone in this world, and now I have a grandfather ...

Cian: Looks like you have somewhere to go, Lyn. You should travel to Caelin and meet your grandfather.

Kent: You may join us as well. Truth be told ... I'm worried that there will be obstacles in our way. The marquess has a brother, Lord Lundgren, who wishes to claim the Caelin throne.

Sain: We are certain that he will do whatever he can to prevent us from completing our mission. Neither Kent nor I have an aptitude for tactics. Your help would be much appreciated.

Cian: Well ... I suppose if you'll have me, then I have no objections to coming along with you.

Lyn: I'm glad to hear that, Cian! Let's go, everyone! To Caelin!

It looks like most people want me to use Hector when I get to his mode, so in that case I will use Hector seriously. But that brings up another question: what should I do about supports? Should I include Hector in the support pool, or should I leave him out since he's not a Sacaean? What combinations of supports should I use? I'm going to put aside my own shipping biases and take suggestions from you guys. But remember ... the only characters who can form supports are Lyn, Rath, Guy, Karel, and Karla. Oh, and Hector, if you guys think he should be allowed to get supports.

And, while I didn't mention this above, I will be using thieves for thieving purposes. No combat. I cannot get them attacked, and they cannot attack back either. They can steal items from enemies, though, and be rescued and moved out of the way. Is this fair?

Edited by Boron

Hmm ... now that I think about it, since Athos is forced in endgame that means that by my own rules I can use him to Fortify spam. And I can also use Nils for Filla's Might as well. With Athos and Nils' assistance, perhaps killing the dragon with just the Sacaeans won't be impossible.

... But it'll take a while, that's for sure. -_-

Chapter 2: Sword of Spirits

Lyn: Oh! Hold up, everyone! Let's go over here!

Kent: ... Milady, we're going the wrong way ...

Lyn: Yes, but there's an alter close by. We Sacaeans go there to pray for safety at the beginning of a journey.

Sain: Ah! How quaint!

Kent: ... I beg your pardon, milady, but do we have time for this?

Cian: How fast do we have to make it to Caelin again, Kent?

(Random civilian approaches the group)

Civilian: Pardon me, milady, but are you headed to the alter?

Lyn: Yes, we are.

Civilian: Then please ... you must help the priest there. Bandits have taken over the alter, and they plan to steal the Mani Katti!

Lyn: How terrible! Kent, Sain, Cian ... we must stop them!

Sain: As you say, milady!

Cian: So ... do you think we have time for this?

Kent: (sighs) I don't have much of a choice, do I? Well, Cian, tell us what to do.

Sain: For Lady Lyn -- ack! (is somehow thrown out of his saddle and falls face-first on the ground)

Cian: ... Kent, I hate to ask this of you, but ...

Kent: I understand. I will take care of my irresponsible partner. Be careful, Lady Lyndis.

Lyn: Thanks, Kent. Well, Cian, tell me what to do!

All right, so Kent and Sain hide in a corner, while Lyn advances towards that cracked wall. Unfortunately, the bandit she weakened on EP1 decides not to suicide on her but run towards the fortress, making me pull Lyn away from the wall to get him. -_- She then charges at the incoming bandits and moves back towards the wall, and gets hit by an axe. She then levels up everything but strength and resistance. #)(%(#)@! Wounded bandits just LOVE to run towards that fort, don't they? They're smarter than I thought. Wall broken on turn 8. Glass falls on turn 11, and Lyn has 1 use of her starting iron sword left when she's done. Levels up and gains HP, skill, and speed. I seize on turn 12. One bandit lives.

Lyn: Kent, Sain, are you okay?

Kent: (approaches Lyn while dragging Sain behind him) Yes, milady. I apologize ... we did nothing of use.

Cian: That's quite all right, Kent.

Priest: Ah, your clothing ... Are you from the Lorca tribe?

Lyn: Yes. I'm Lyn, the chieftain's daughter. Are you all right?

Priest: I am unharmed, thanks to you.

Lyn: And the Mani Katti? Is it safe?

Priest: It is. The sword is here. Now, as a token of my gratitude, I will allow you to place your hands upon the Mani Katti.

Lyn: Thank you, kindly! (reaches for the sword)

(The Mani Katti starts glowing)

Lyn: What is it doing?

Priest: It is the power of the spirits ... Lyn ... they are calling out to you.

Lyn: What?

Priest: You are the rightful owner of the Mani Katti. Here ... draw the sword from its sheath.

Lyn: ... (pulls it out of its sheath) It came out ... effortlessly.

Priest: Mmm ... never have I dreamed that I would meet the wielder of the Mani Katti in my lifetime. Lyn, the sword has chosen you.

Lyn: I ... this is so unreal ...

Cian: No kidding ...

Priest: Now, Lyn, go forth on your journey. Take this sword, and meet your destiny head-on.

Lyn: Yes ... thank you!

~Five minutes later, as the group is leaving the altar~

Kent: We've lost quite a bit of time with our little detour. I fear that we are behind schedule ...

Sain: Don't be suck a stick-in-the-mud, Kent! It was amazing, seeing that sword glow and all!

Kent: ... Sain. You are making us, and Caelin, look incompetent.

Cian: Like I said. Don't worry about it, Kent.

Lyn: Are you all ready to go? Come! Let's us continue on our way!

Cian: You're the one who wanted to stop for a field trip.

As you may have noticed, I'm only "summarizing" scenes that involve Lyn and her group directly. I figure that I might as well just stick with one group and all. I feel bad for Kent. XD

Edited by Boron

Chapter 3: Band of Mercenaries

Cian: Hey, look at those ruins just up ahead.

Lyn: This place ...

Sain: It's so desolate. Why doesn't the marquess do anything to help?

Lyn: No marquess holds power here. No ... Taliver Mountain is home to a gang of bandits. My village ... it was near here, on the other side of the mountain. The Taliver ... they took us by surprise. Just one night ... it only took one night for them to ...

Kent: Milady Lyndis ...

Lyn: I will never forgive them for what they've done. I will get stronger. I will return one day, and I will avenge my people.

Sain: When the time comes, don't forget to take me with you. (nudges Kent and Cian)

Kent: Oh ... yes, I would help as well.

Cian: Me? Um ... well, if you need me, I guess.

Lyn: Sain, Kent, Cian ... you, I ... thank you, all of you.

Sain: There's no need to thank us, we're all here for you, milady.

Kent: Yes, yes. (turns towards the west) What is that commotion over there?

Lyn: Commotion? Wait ... is that ... a pegasus?

???: Lyn!

(Florina flies over to Lyn)

Lyn: Florina! What are you doing here?

Florina: Lyn! Is it really you? I ... (sniff)

Lyn: Come now, Florina, no crying.

Kent: You are ... acquainted with this girl?

Lyn: She's my friend. Her name is Florina, and she's a pegasus knight in training from Ilia. Florina, what are you doing here?

Florina: W-well ... I h-heard that you had left with some strangers, a-and I was worried. B-but on my way here, I stopped to land, but I ... I didn't see those two men and ...

Cian: She landed on them, didn't she?

Lyn: ... Did your pegasus land on them?

Florina: Well, kind of ...

???: You see? She admits it!

(Two bandits approach the group)

Bandit: She said it herself! That girl stepped on my friend, and now she has to pay!

Florina: B-but I said I was sorry ... I-I didn't mean to ... (sob)

Lyn: It's all right, Florina. (to the bandits) Look, she's clearly sorry. Can't you let this pass?

Migal: No chance. The girl comes with us, even if we have to force her! Hey boys! Come on out! Finish off the men, but don't harm the women!

Lyn: Well ... looks like we're going to have to battle it out. Florina, can you fight?

Florina: Y-yes, I -- aah! (spots Cian, Kent, and Sain; faints)

Cian: ... What happened?

Lyn: She's a little afraid of men. I guess she must've panicked when she saw you. Kent, could you and Sain ... watch over her?

Sain: Leave it to me, milady!

Kent: (sighs) I understand, Lady Lyndis. Please be safe.

I ignore Wil's village, since there's no use in wasting time recruiting him. I also send Florina to visit the village, while keeping her out of the mercenary's range, and Kent and Sain to the corner. Lyn gets hit by an archer. She finishes him of with the Mani Katti on the following player phase. Wil recruits himself.

Wil: Hey! You're not bandits!

Lyn: No, we're not! Listen, warn the villagers to close their gates. I'll take care of these guys!

Wil: Hey, wait, let me help! These people have been kind to me, and I want to repay them.

Lyn: Cian?

Cian: That's fine with me. You can start by helping those two knights protect that girl. (points to Kent, Sain, and Florina)

Wil: Can do!

Lyn gets hit by another archer. She also misses him on the player phase. -_- At least she got some strength. Lyn heals with a vulnerary on turn 8 and reaches Migal on turn 9. Finishes him off on EP 9, levels up, and gets everything but defense and resistance.

Lyn: Now that we've taken care of that ... (runs over to the others) Florina! Are you okay?

Florina: Y-yes ... I'm fine -- oh! (sees Wil and his bow)

Lyn: Florina, it's all right. This guy helped protect you while you were unconscious. Thank you ...

Wil: The name's Wil. Nice to meet you all!

Lyn: I'm Lyn. Thank you for watching my friend.

Florina: Um ... Lyn? What's going on?

Lyn: I'll explain later. But Florina ... what are you doing here? Why did you follow me?

Florina: Well ... as a pegasus knight, I must join a band of freelance soldiers to further my training. I wanted to see you before I left, but when I heard that you had left ...

Lyn: You were worried about me and came to find me, is that it?

Florina: Y-yes ... but, a-after all that's happened today, I'm not so sure ... perhaps, I'm not meant to be a pegasus knight ... (sob)

Lyn: Don't cry, Florina. Tell you what, why don't you travel with us?

Sain: A splendid idea! Beautiful Florina -- (approaches her)

Florina: Eek! Stay back! Don't get so close!

Sain: You should come with us! We're on a journey to escort Lady Lyndis to Caelin! There's bound to be danger afoot, plenty of training for one such as yourself!

Kent: Sain! We are not on a pleasure trip!

Sain: And, of course, you're welcome to come along too, Wil.

Wil: Me? Really?

Cian: Sain, who put you in charge of recruiting people?

Kent: You're making a fool out of yourself, Sain!

Lyn: No, it's all right. I don't want to leave Florina on her own, and ... Wil, you're welcome to join us if you'd like.

Wil: That would be great! You see ... I'm ... kind of at a crossroads. All my money was stolen, and ... I'm not completely sure where to go.

Sain: Great, then, it's settled! Dear Florina, allow me to introduce myself! I am Sain, a knight of Caelin --

Florina: Aaah! (faints)

Wil: Wow, Lyndis' Legion is sure going to be interesting.

Lyn: 'Lyndis' Legion'?

Cian: What a name ...

Kent: Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Edited by Boron

All right ... I'm not sure if there's anyone still following this, but I'm going to finish this playthrough for myself. And unfortunately, I'm going to be starting a draft soon, and the dialogue is taking me way too long to type out. Which is why these updates are so spaced out. So ... I'm going have to put in a crunch.

Chapter 4: In Occupation's Shadow

(Lyndis' Legion is walled up in the fortress, on the defensive against the Ganelon bandits.)

Lyn: (standing protectively in front of Natalie) Kent, what's the situation?

Kent: ... We're surrounded. There are bandits everywhere and we cannot leave lest we expose Miss Natalie to danger.

Cian: Lyn, I would think that you wouldn't have to ask such an obvious question.

Lyn: Well, then ... everyone! Protect Natalie! Make sure no one gets to her. I'll take out their leader! Maybe they'll leave us alone, then ...

First, I trade Kent's iron sword to Lyn, because she broke hers. Then, I move everyone to where Natalie is and have Lyn move over so that two bandits will suicide on her on the EP. (And she gets hit with an 18% ... -_-) I let Dorcas attack Lyn so that I don't have to move to recruit him (and he has a hand axe). More bandits suicide on Lyn on the EP. I talk to Dorcas, then make him hide with his wife. Lyn continues to block the entrance and kill bandits. She levels up and gets everything but defense and luck. Oops, an archer makes his way over to Wil and attacks him. Ah, well, I finish off the archer with Wil on the next PP (since Lyn can't go over there). Lyn stays within the vicinity of Natalie's location the entire level, because no one else is allowed to fight (and hey, she gets hit by another 18% on the last EP! -_-) and the level ends, just like that.

Cian: Hey, Lyn, Dorcas is going to travel with us, all right?

Lyn: That's fine. Welcome to Lyndis' Legion, Dorcas!

Dorcas: Thank you. I shall do my best to do my part.

Chapter 5: Beyond the Borders

Wil: It's those bandits again! They're still chasing us?

Sain: Ah, those ruffians just don't know when to desist!

Lyn: I've had enough of this! It's time we put an end to this, once and -- hey, look, there are some people over there!

Kent: ... Milady has a short attention span ...

I recruit Serra and Erk on turn 1, then have them get out of the way. Everyone else also gets out of the way. The archer has no choice but to go for Lyn. I defeat the mercenary, bandit, and the archer that charge at you, then take the long way over to the boss. Lyn needs a new iron sword, and there's a bandit that (for some reason) has a sword. Also, Lyn picked up an iron axe from the previous chapter, and I give that to Florina to hold on to. I also have Lyn visit the armory for an extra iron bow. Because when your only units are Lyn and Rath, you go through weapons VERY quickly. I defeat the boss on turn 12.

Serra: Oh, Lyn, Erk and I will be joining you on your journey.

Lyn: Really? But ... don't you have someone else to be?

Serra: I'm headed to Ostia, which is in Lycia anyway. It's on the way to Caelin, so I don't mind.

Cian: ... How do you know we were heading to Caelin?

Serra: That knight over there told me. (points to Sain)

Kent: Sain! You ... you lout! You cannot simply go around telling everywhere we meet of our mission! (starts chasing Sain around)

Lyn: Well, um ... we'll be glad to have you with us, Serra and Erk. Thank you.

Erk: ... (sighs)

Coming next time, I finally get to use another person besides Lyn! Speaking of Lyn, here are her stats.

Unit        Level      HP ST SK SP LC DF RS
Lyn         13.11      25 08 14 19 11 05 03

Code borrowed from General Horace with permission. Thanks, man!

Edited by Boron

Yeep, I better finish this playthrough - fast - since the experience draft just started and I don't want to hold anyone up. O_o Hopefully I can finish this over the weekend.

Chapter 6: Blood of Pride

Cian: All right, this is what we'll do! Kent, go warn the villagers with Sain and Wil. I don't want anyone else getting involved in this madness.

Kent: Aye!

Cian: Florina, fly up high and keep an eye on the situation. Let me know if there's anything important going on that only you can see, all right?

Florina: Y-yes ... I'll do my best!

Cian: Erk ... you, Dorcas, and Serra stay close to the perimeter and make sure that no more of Lundgren's troops make their way into the city.

Erk: ... I have to go with her?

Serra: Tee hee! Don't be like that, Erky!

Cian: You ... Rath, was it? You'd know this place better than anyone else. I want you to find the hidden switches you told us about, all right?

Rath: ... Understood.

Cian: And Lyn, you're going to back Rath up -- Lyn?

Lyn: (staring at Rath dreamily) Uh-huh, sure ...

Cian: ... Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

For the first time in six chapters, I can finally use someone other than Lyn. So ... first, I move all of my other units to the corner, where they can't be hit. Then I trade Rath the iron bow I got from the armory last chapter, then send him up to the house where Matthew is (but I don't have him enter the house). I send Lyn to the other village (and she falls one space short). On the EP, the two mercenaries suicide on Lyn. The following PP, I have Lyn get the door key from the house and Rath recruits Matthew, who opens the door. The next PP, Rath steps on the trigger and Matthew steals an Angelic Robe. It takes me a few turns to clear the soldiers (mostly getting Lyn and Rath there). Matthew gets the Armorslayer. Lyn steps on the second trigger. She also takes forever to get to the boss, so I beat Bool with Rath on turn 10, and get the last trigger on turn 11. (Lyn was a few spaces too short to reach.)

Marquess Araphen: You are the granddaughter of Marquess Caelin? Hm, I did not expect to see you so ... tainted with the blood of Sacae. I withdraw my assistance.

Lyn: Humph! That's fine! I don't need help from you! Let's go, everyone! (storms out)

Marquess Araphen: Arrogant child! I would've granted her support had she shed but one tear. I despise those savages!

Rath: ... Well, I guess I'll be leaving then.

Marquess Araphen: What? Wait! Ah, $)(#*%(!

Chapter 7: Siblings Abroad

Nils: You have to save my sister! I don't know what I'd do without Ninian!

Lucius: Allow me to assist your cause ... I wish to help the boy, if only a little.

Cian: Everyone, you know the drill by now. Partner up. Let's do this.

Lyn: I call Rath! (grabs onto his arm)

Rath: ... Um.

By my own rules, I can use Nils and Lucius. I decide to use just Nils, and only for a little while. Rath finishes off the shaman near the starting point with a lucky crit. Nils refreshes him, and he moves up to get rid of the archer. Lyn falls one space short of being able to get the bandit that charges you, so Rath has to fight him instead. Lyn moves forward and kills a mercenary. Rath ends up in the range of a bandit, and is attacked on EP but dodges. Lyn kills the bandit on PP. Rath visits the village and then moves down. Lyn moves down onto the bridge and is attacked by a mercenary and a mage on the EP. Lyn finishes off the mercenary on PP, and Rath counters a shaman on EP (and takes a hit from the mage). Lyn heals with a vulnerary on the PP, and Rath finishes off the shaman. Rath heals with a vulnerary and Lyn kills the mage. They both charge Heintz on turn 10 and team up to finish him that turn. Lyn levels up and gets strength (and HP, skill, and resistance). Rath levels up and gets HP, strength, speed, and resistance.

Eliwood: Oh, hello ... are you looking for this girl? I found her with a band of ruffians when I was passing by.

Nils: Ninian! My sister!

Lyn: Thank you for helping us.

Eliwood: Not a problem. ... Is there anything I can help you with?

Lyn: Thank you, but this is my problem and I don't want to get anyone else involved.

Eliwood: I understand. I wish you luck on your journey.

~Five minutes later~

Ninian: Oh ... I've lost my ring ...

Lyn: Don't worry! We'll get it back! Come on, Cian, let's go!

Cian: ... Do we really have time to be retrieving lost jewelry ...?

Chapter 7x: The Black Shadow

Cian: This is a horrible idea ...

Lyn: Come on, everyone! Let's get Ninian her ring back!

I deselect everyone except for Lyn and Rath, then rearrange their items (Lyn gets Matthew's sword, Rath gets Wil's bow). Rath kills the soldier in the room with the cracked walls so that the mage would suicide on him on the EP. Lyn kills the soldier that charges her and Rath gets a lucky crit on a cavalier on the PP. A bandit attacks (and misses) Rath on the EP, and Rath finishes him off on the PP. Lyn decides to let the thief pilfer the hammer, since no one can use it anyway. Both Lyn and Rath advance on Beyard, but they don't reach him until turn 7. Rath finishes him off on turn 8, because Lyn falls one space short again. Rath levels up and gets HP and speed.

Lyn: Here, Ninian ... I found your ring. That lout had it, but he committed suicide ...

Ninian: ...

Lyn: Don't worry, I'll protect you. Just stay with me, all right?

Nils: Thank you, Lady Lyn.

Chapter 8: Vortex of Strategy

Cian: I'm really starting to hate this Lundgren guy ...

Oh, look, an armory. After some debate, I decide to ignore it. Lyn has enough swords to get her through, and same with Rath and his bows. Rath heads for the Lancereaver village (which Lyn will be using to kill Lundgren) and counters a shaman on EP 1. On PP 2, Rath kills the mage. Lyn moves south, stands on a forest tile, equips the Mani Katti, and proceeds to counter everything on EP. She does, however, take a lance to the face. I visit the Lancereaver village with Rath and then have him run over to Lyn. He catches up on turn 6. Lyn finishes off the ballista guy. Rath breaks his short bow on a soldier. Lyn fights and finishes off Yogi on PP and EP 9, while Rath finishes off the swordslayer bandit.

Matthew: I've got bad news, guys ... you won't like it.

Kent: I already don't like the situation at hand. What do you know, Matthew?

Matthew: Apparently, Lundgren has been spreading rumors of an impostor to the Caelin throne and two knights who betrayed their vows. And there is no one to speak up against him.

Cian: Well, that certainly does not work in our favor. What do you want to do now, Lyn?

Lyn: We return to Kathelet! Eliwood's still there ... we could ask him for help! Let's go! There's not a minute to spare!

Chapter 9: A Grim Reunion

Wallace: Ah ... Lady Madelyn, Lord Hassar. What a surprise to see you both after so many years!

Rath: ... My name's not Hassar.

Lyn: Um, I'm Lyndis. Madelyn was my mother ...

Wallace: Oh, quite right ... My eyesight just isn't what it used to be. Now, let us crush these rebels! Lundgren will be stopped! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Cian: ... blink.gif

Because I don't want to waste time on this map, I decide to have Wallace visit the torch village, then soak up hits from the bandits and soldiers. Since he's forced, I'm allowed to do so, by my own rules. First, I tried doing this by just rushing Lyn and Rath towards the enemies. But that's no good because Lyn falls behind and Rath gets swarmed by enemies that would all rather attack him. I decide to restart. This time, Rath rescues Lyn (because she moves too slow) and stays just out of the mercenary's range. He drops Lyn one space to the right the bridge and stands behind her. He then shoots at a bandit on the following PP, and tanks a few attacks on the EP. He ends up getting a little surrounded ... Facepalm_emote_gif.gif It isn't until turn 9 that I clear out all the enemies and reach Eagler. I want Rath to level up a bit, so I let him finish off Eagler. I had bad luck with RNG, so I don't seize until turn 13.

Kent: General Eagler ... he was a good man.

Sain: Yes ... this is the fault of that dastard Lundgren.

Lyn: I've had enough of this! Let us go! I will not allow Lundgren to get away with any of this!

Chapter 10: The Distant Plains

Lyn: This is it ... everyone, thank you for supporting me. We shall put an end to Lundgren's madness!

Cian: What a journey ... thank goodness it's almost over.

I shuffle around some items to give Lyn and Rath vulneraries for this map. They charge through the forest and the rain, destroying the enemies in their way. Lyn's a little slow, once again, since she's on foot. I visit the energy ring village as well, and decide to give it to Lyn. Even though she's currently strength-blessed, she is still Lyn and who knows if she'll continue to be strength-blessed? It is then that I realize that I forgot to bring the Angelic Robe. Oops. Oh, well, I decide not to restart because both Lyn and Rath are doing fine with HP.

Lundgren: You are the girl claiming kinship with my brother? The throne of Caelin does not need a half-breed mongrel like you. Begone!

Lyn: I don't care about any of that! But you've gone too far, trying to kill my grandfather! Die!

Rath has enough strength to do 1 damage to Lundgren, but that's not going to help Lyn so I get him to the armory so that he can grab a steel bow. Lyn finishes off Lundgren on turn 20 and seizes on turn 21.

Lyn: My grandfather ... he's the only family I have left now. I want him to live for a long time. I shall be staying in Caelin ... at least, until he is better.

Sain: Ah! Milady Lyndis! You truly mean it?

Kent: I am glad ...

Florina: Lyn! I'll be staying with you, too! I was accepted as a vassal of House Caelin!

Wil: Hey, don't forget me! I think I'll stay here a bit longer, if you'll have me.

Lyn: Thank you, everyone, I couldn't have done it without you.

~Several hours later, as Cian and Rath are leaving~

Lyn: Are you sure you guys have to go?

Cian: Yep. I'm going to continue traveling Elibe. Don't want to stick around in one place for too long.

Lyn: I understand. Rath ... what about you? Can't you stay a bit longer?

Rath: ... I cannot. I must be leaving

Lyn: All right, then ... I hope to see you both again. I'll count on it!

Cian: Yeah, yeah. ... Take care of yourself, Lyn.

And that is the end of Lyn's mode. Here are character stats at the end of it all.

Unit        Level      HP ST SK SP LC DF RS
Lyn         16.58      28 11 18 20 11 06 06
Rath        14.10      31 12 09 14 06 08 03

Edited by Boron

in 7 levels Rath's skl hasn't gone up once? typical Rath.

He had 55 displayed hit on Lundgren with the steel bow (if I recall correctly). I was not pleased. Well, I'm just glad that Lyn, Guy, Karel, and Karla don't have any skill problems, because that lets me cram all the skill books I can find down Rath's throat.

Here we go, onto Hector's mode! It looks like most people want me to use Hector seriously, but about 1/3 of the voters answered no. So ... I'm going to use Hector, but I'm going to try to use him as minimally as possible. Get him to level 20, then put him in the corner unless I absolutely need him. I think I'll skip on giving him supports, too. Anyway ... onward to HNM!

Chapter 11: Another Journey

Hector: I hate you, Uther! I'm leaving and I'm never coming back! (storms out of the throne room)

I use Matthew to open the door, then Hector stands on the pillar. I don't attack the soldier even though I can hand axe him, because a previous try proved that attacking the enemy on PP causes Hector to have bad RNG luck afterwards. I let the soldier suicide into Hector on EP, and he counters an archer. I clear out the enemies with Hector on turn 5 and have him run over to Wire. Matthew steals the Red Gem. I finish off Wire on turn 11.

Uther: Oswin ... I'm sure you've noticed by now that Hector and Matthew have left.

Oswin: Yes, milord. What would you have me do?

Uther: I want you to go with Hector and keep him out of trouble. Help him when he needs it.

Oswin: You have my word, Lord Uther!

Chapter 12: Birds of a Feather

Hector: Look over there! It's Eliwood! He's been attacked! Let's go help him!

Matthew: Yes, milord!

Oswin: Understood, Lord Hector.

Serra: Ooh, I want to watch! Tee-hee!

I use Marcus to visit the village, since it's technically not against the rules (he's forced). Plus, I already said that I'd use everyone normally until after chapter 15. Dorcas and Lowen rescue-drop Eliwood onto the fortress, where he chips at a bandit for Bartre to kill. Hector attacks a bandit on the other side of the map. The following PP, Eliwood finishes off an archer and Bartre kills the bandit Eliwood weakened. Pegasus knights suicide on Hector, who 1HKOs them. Things get kind of crazy, and enemies attack (and suicide themselves on) a weakened Eliwood, who makes good bait. Bartre and Hector kill stuff Eliwood doesn't. Hector crit-kills the boss and levels up. He is level 6 and still at base speed. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Hector: Guess what, Eliwood? I'm here to save the day, and I'm going to join your quest to find your father!

Eliwood: Well, um, thank you, Hector. I could sure use the help ...

Next time: I get my first Sacaean character in Hector's mode! Will Guy be a team player, or will be troll me in strength? Only time will tell!

Edited by Boron

Chapter 13: In Search of Truth

Hector: Dude, who's this Scottish-looking and sounding guy standing in front of Marquess Santaruz's castle? He must be responsible for all this!

Eliwood: Hector ... how can you tell just by looking at him?

Hector: Bah, we don't have time for this, Eliwood! Let's go! We raze our way to the castle! Anyone that stands in my way shall fall to my axe!

Cian: ... Lord Eliwood, Hector scares me.

Eliwood: I understand, Cian ...

So ... I get my first Sacaean this chapter, but Guy's not joining until at least halfway through the map (and he's not killing the boss either). First, I send Bartre and Oswin to Merlinus' village and everyone else down the other way. I have Marcus trade Dorcas' iron axe to Hector (long story how Marcus got Dorcas' axe), and with Rebecca and Matthew's assistance, Hector clears out the enemies. I visit the mine village with Lowen, and Bartre 1HKOs a pegasus knight on EP. I move Hector onto the fortress to clear out the enemies around Guy. I lure Guy with Marcus and counter a cavalier and bandit with Bartre. Oswin moves to help out on the PP.

Matthew: Hey! You're that Sacaean I helped out!

Guy: (gulps) Uh-oh ...!

Matthew: You know, I believe you said that you owed me your life! I think I'm going to call in that favor, and have you join our side.

Guy: ...

Guy is recruited on turn 6, and he immediately crit-kills an archer. Lowen trades Guy his iron sword. Bartre and Oswin fight off an archer, pegasus knight, and two cavaliers that leave Bartre at 1 HP. Matthew, Bartre, and Hector, and Guy move towards the boss. Matthew sells the Red Gem from chapter 1 and buys some swords and axes. Bartre refuses to get speed. The boss falls on EP 11. Hector seizes on turn 12. He also levels up and finally gets speed!

Eliwood: Lord Helman ... we were too late ...

Hector: Blast! Someone is going to pay for this!

Chapter 14: False Friends

Hector: I knew Laus couldn't be trusted! Come at me! I'll tear you apart with my own hands!

Eliwood: ... Erik.

Umm, yeah ... Clearly, as you can see ... I was so busy trying to keep Bartre alive last chapter that I completely forgot to visit Merlinus' village. Oops. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif Ah, well ... Anyway, I deselect Dorcas and Rebecca, and have Dorcas hold on to my extra stuff. I deploy Matthew so I can try to steal some vulneraries from enemies. I recruit Erk and put him to work, thundering some soldiers. Serra has to tank two hits for me due to poor positioning of units, and she does. :P Guy clears out the pirates on the beach. Bartre stays behind so he pick off the pegasus knights that appear later. Hector charges Erik. Eliwood's level-ups suck, good thing I'm not using him seriously! I muck around in the rain and barely save Priscilla's village. Guy levels up and gets strength! Guy buys an iron axe for Hector, and I finish off the last myrmidon with Lowen and Hector, right after Matthew stole his vulnerary.

Erik: You want to know a little secret, Eliwood? Your father was conspiring to overthrow Ostia. That's why he disappeared.

Eliwood: No ... it -- it can't be ... (runs out of the throne room)

Hector: Eliwood! Ah, blast ... what exactly is going on ...?

Chapter 15: Talons Alight

Oswin: Lord Hector! We're under attack!

Hector: Just what I needed ... a little something to take out my frustrations on! Let's teach these guys a lesson! Oh, but make sure they don't capture the throne!

Dorcas and Rebecca get to hold on to my extra stuff again! Oswin guards the back entrance, and everyone else moves down. With a little bit of luck, everyone survives the EP onslaught. Everyone on the lower half of the map clears out the enemies that are left (which is actually all of them), and Oswin tanks the mercenary, nomad, and mage in the upper part. Matthew steals a lockpick from a thief, and Guy and Matthew finish it off. Bartre can't double anything. Marcus lures Sealen and Hector 1RKOs him with a hand axe. Matthew gets both treasures. I clear out all the enemies on turn 6.

Cian: So ... what now?

Eliwood: I suppose we wait until something else happens ...

Hector: Humph ... I hate waiting.

Coming next time: Lyn returns! She's going to be ridiculously overpowered, and that's a good thing. Eliwood is level 5, so unless I gain quick levels with him in chapters that he's forced, I think the lords are sending me to Wallace's map. Guy got one point of strength in four levels, that's about on average, I think. Bartre hasn't gained a single point of speed. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif 3 base + 40% growth FTL.

Unit           Level   HP ST SK SP LC DF RS
Hector         12.60   29 13 08 09 09 17 02
Bartre         06.72   33 09 06 03 05 05 02
Guy            08.08   24 07 13 16 06 06 01

Hmm, this is unexpected. O_o Looks like more people are starting to want me to use Ninian and Nils. But, of course, the poll for that one is pretty close and more people still don't want me to use them. So ... I'll wait to see what happens with that. If more people want me to use them, then I'll use them. If not, then I'll only use those two when forced. If it's a tie, then ... pfft.

Chapter 16: Noble Lady of Caelin

Eliwood: Look over there! It's Lyndis!

Hector: ... Who? (gets crushed by a pegasus)

Okay! So, like I said, now I have to start deselecting units. So that's what I do: I deselect everyone I can, which means that Lyndis' Legion are still on the map (and I can use them). Haha ... Hector gets crushed by a pegasus, and Eliwood's the one that sits out. Florina heads to the Red Gem village, while Hector moves out with Guy and Bartre. Lyn makes herself a target while the guys shop for stuff. Sain also trades her his iron sword. Guy tanks stuff on the EP and then he, Bartre and Hector clean up. Florina gets the Red Gem. Bartre refuses to get speed (shakes fist). Lyn fights mercenaries while her group tries to avoid being attacked (but Kent ends up being attacked due to poor positioning). Everyone cleans up the map and makes their way to the boss. Unfortunately, I'm not able to make it before the reinforcement cavaliers show up. Whoops. Run away, Florina, Kent, Wil, and Sain! Bartre insists on sucking and not getting speed (and missing every other thing I have him attack). Hector and Lyn attack Bauker, one turn after the other, but both insist on trolling me by missing their first hits. -_- Seize on turn 12.

Lyn: Thank you for helping me, Eliwood, but my grandfather is still in the castle!

Eliwood: Let's go, everyone! Time to retake Castle Caelin!

Lyn: Oh, hi, Cian! How long have you been there?

Cian: ...

Hector: ... Does anyone care that I was just crushed by a pegasus?

Edited by Boron

Chapter 17: Whereabouts Unknown

Cian: All right ... if we kill their commander and seize the throne, then maybe the enemy soldiers will surrender.

Hector: That's fine! Everyone, let's do this! Let's reclaim this castle!

This chapter takes me a few tries ... most of it due to poor timing (and Bartre trolling me in previous attempts). But eventually, it all works out. I decide to cheat a little and use Priscilla for ferrying (who I deployed for Raven) because I am sick of restarting due to variables. It all works out pretty well (and Guy gets some awesome level-ups in the process! Also: Bartre got speed twice!) XD.gif I don't want Matthew to get obliterated, so I have to send Hector to fight off the cavalier and nomad reinforcements. Bartre can at last double stuff! Hector slowly makes his way up to the others after clearing out the reinforcements. He has max defense! Nothing can touch him! Guy and Lyn (mostly Lyn) defeat Bernard on turn 18, but Hector doesn't get there until turn 21. And then I wait a few so Matthew can go back and grab the unlock staff that I had to leave behind. Athos can use it at endgame, or I can sell it. Seize on turn 24.

Leila: Lord Hector, I must tell of what I have learned.

Hector: Leila! I didn't expect to see you here. What's going on?

Leila: That is ... a long story. Please, come with me and let us talk.

Eliwood: ...

Chapter 17x: The Port of Badon

Hector: Blast! We can't find a ship to Dread Isle!

Fargus: ... Did you say you were seeking passage to the Dread Isle?

Hector: Yeah? What's it to you?

Fargus: I like your style! Say, I'll make you a deal! If you can make your way through my crew and talk to me, I'll take to the Dread Isle!

I deploy Hector, Bartre, Lyn, and Guy for this chapter. (I really hate having only four usable characters. Can't until Rath finally shows up.) I could promote Bartre since he's reached level 10, but ... he sucks and I need a bit more manpower. So ... I won't drop him yet. I recruit Canas and I have Guy stand on a forest and provoke the pirates. I get all the villages on the way. Guy dodge-tanks everything! Hector kills Damian as soon as he shows up. After cleaning up a few more enemies, Hector reaches level 20! Excellent ... Bartre continues to drive me crazy by missing everything. I get all the villages before I talk to Fargus on turn 9.

Lyn: ... Must we go with pirates, Eliwood?

Eliwood: I see no other way, Lyndis.

Chapter 18: Pirate Ship

Lyn: You don't know what I've been through! How could you possibly understand?

Hector: Lyn ... I'm no stranger to loss. It was nothing like what happened to you, but ... I have lost those close to me as well.

Eliwood: Ninian?! What are you doing here?

I deploy Matthew to steal the speedwings from the boss. I also deploy Marcus and Priscilla for shopping and so that they can rescue Matthew and run away afterwards. Canas comes with another skill book that I can throw at Rath. Bartre's eating through my vulnerary stock. -_-

To start off, Matthew steals pure water from a shaman. Lyn kills it, and reaches level 20. Guy tanks the entire right side of the ship by himself. Luckily, he has enough strength to cleanly 1RKO most of the baddies. Priscilla buys a ton of vulneraries. Everyone not named Guy or Priscilla makes their way over to Zoldam. Lyn weakens him for Bartre to kill. Bartre then levels up (and got speed as well). End map.

Eliwood: We're here ... the Dread Isle.

Lyndis: It's so eerie ...

Hector: Come on, guys! Let's get moving!

Eliwood: ... Right.

Ninian: ...

Chapter 19: The Dread Isle

Lyn: You're a Sacaean!

Uhai: ... Yes. And if you value your lives, then you would leave this place immediately.

Eliwood: We can't do that do.

Uhai: If you will not flee, then I will cut you down where you stand.

I decide not to deploy Matthew. The added sight is nice, but I can't be bothered to protect him. I deploy Florina so I can get her sister, though. Guy goes off to the left by himself. He dodges stuff on the EP. Dart kills a pegasus knight that charges him. Florina waits for her sister. Fiora shows up and attacks a cavalier that attacked Merlinus because Bartre thought it was cool to miss him. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif Florina recruits her, and Fiora kills the cavalier. A few EP phases later sees Guy dodge-tanking pegasi with a lancereaver and Lyn dodging multiple things she can't counter. I'd wanted Guy or Bartre to get the boss kill, but that is clearly not happening (Bartre + Uhai = death to Bartre, especially with his stats, and Guy is too far away to reach). Uhai hits Lyn at 19 displayed. -_-

Eliwood: Uhai ... he was a good man.

Hector: What do we do now?

Lyn: I would trust Uhai. He was a Sacaean, and would not lie.

Eliwood: Then let us head for the Dragon's Gate.

Chapte 19x: Imprisoner of Magic

Ninian: What is wrong, Lord Eliwood?

Eliwood: It's nothing, Ninian. Just ... Hector and Lyn are fighting again. It's ... getting on my nerves.

Looks like Guy is ready to promote. Good thing I didn't give Bartre that Hero Crest in chapter 17, otherwise Guy would be sitting useless after hitting his level cap (not unlike two other characters in my party *glares at Lyn and Hector*). Lyn hangs back for a while to kill pegs. Bartre kills mages with a hand axe on EP. But he can't get the one on the forest tile. Hector, Bartre, and Guy charge down. Lyn visits Renault's village after she kills the pegasus knights, then goes back to protect Merlinus. At least Bartre's getting sufficient speed now. Guy lands a hit on Aion and hits level 20, so I promote him on the following PP. Bartre fights Aion's sniper guards for easy experience. Guy defeats the Marquess Araphen lookalike. Hector tries to seize, he really did, but he fell a few spaces short. XP

Lyn: Er, look, Hector ... I said some things I didn't mean. I'm sorry.

Hector: Yeah, I'm sorry too. I was out of line as well.

Eliwood: So we're agreed then? Excellent. Let's go.

Chapter 20: Dragon's Gate

Ninian: Lord Eliwood!

Eliwood: Ninian! Come on, guys, we have to save her!

Hmm ... Eliwood is forced. Now that won't be a problem, I'll just have to be careful with him. Lyn weakens Cameron and kills the cavaliers that charge her. I decide to let Legault pilfer stuff from the chests on the right, so I can recruit him on his way out. Guy kills the weakened Cameron. Bartre stays behind to fight stuff on the bottom half of the map. I don't really need him much now. I beat Darin and recruit Legault on turn 6, but I waste some time getting the two chests that I didn't hit yet. I have Legault fight off some enemies (which I am allowed to do, since he is recruited on that stage). I seize on turn 10.

Elbert: Eliwood ... my son ... be ... safe ...

Eliwood: No, Father ... y-you can't ... not after everything we've gone through to find you ... FATHER!

Chapter 21: New Resolve

Lyn: Ninian, are you all right?

Ninian: I am. ... How is Lord Eliwood doing?

Hector: Mm. I'm worried about him.

I deploy Legault for thieving duties. I want that second Hero Crest! Eliwood's forced into my party again. Don't make this a habit, Eliwood. I also decide to deploy Florina for shopping and visiting villages. Ninian is forced on me too, so I get to use her. Florina visits villages and shops while the others charge onward. Guy is crit-happy and he does a lot of crit-killing. He also gets poisoned. Speaking of which, my character just LOVE that poison, don't they? (Guy, Lyn, Hector, and Eliwood all get poisoned). Oleg shows his face on EP 4. I kick his butt with Bartre and Guy on turn 5, but after I steal the Hero Crest.

Lyn: Why is the Black Fang after Ninian and Nils?

Nils: ...

Hector: Let's head to Ostia. Maybe my brother will know what to do.

Next time: I get a third Sacaean -- my favorite FE7 character, Rath. I gave him enough levels in Lyn's mode, so hopefully he will do just fine. And it's about time too -- I needed someone who can move faster than my current party and rescue heavy people. Bartre hit level 20 just in time for promotion. Now, all I have to do is get him to 20/5 and bench him until Karla comes.

Here are character stats:

Unit          Level 	HP 	ST 	SK 	SP 	LC 	DF 	RS
Hector        20/-- 	34 	19 	12 	12 	11 	20 	05
Lyn   		20/-- 	32      14 	19 	20 	14 	07 	07
Guy   		20/4      40      15 	18 	22 	11 	09 	05
Bartre        20/1      47 	18 	13 	09 	08 	13 	08

I will figure out these stupid code boxes, one of these days. -_-

Edited by Boron

Chapter 22: New Resolve

Lyn: Rath! What are you doing here?

Rath: ... I was here this whole time?

After several chapters of having only Hector, Lyn, Guy, and Bartre as my combatants, I finally get someone else! About time, too ... I'm going to need Rath to contribute to stuff not related to fighting as well. And Eliwood is still in my party. I deploy all my forced characters, and all the mounted units I can. Why do I do this, you ask? So that I can get Eliwood/Hector to recruit Heath as soon as possible; so I can get Lyn to recruit Rath as soon as possible; and so I can keep all the NPCs out of my way.

On turn 1, I move Guy, Bartre, and Hector down. I have Kent and Fiora rescue Eliwood and move him towards Heath, along with Legault, and use Sain and Isadora to get Lyn as close as I can to Rath. It's still not close enough, though. Guy and Bartre cut up some bad guys as they move towards Eubans. Heath is recruited on turn 2 and I have him do some stuff. Guy dodges two swordreavers on the EP! He then crits stuff like nobody's business. I recruit Rath on turn 3, then I have him rescue Lyn and run down to catch up with Guy and Bartre. I invoke my "forced characters are free" rule to use Heath and have him clean up some stuff on the left side of the map. The AI is weird. An enemy nomad has a choice between attacking Guy, Hector (armed with an iron axe), Lyn, and a wounded Rath. He chooses Rath. -_- I finish off Eubans on turn 7, attacking with Guy and Hector, then finishing him off with Rath.

Uther: Hmm ... I do believe it is time for you all to head to the desert.

Hector: The desert?! Why do we have to go there?

Uther: Because you must.

Chapter 23: Living Legend

Lyn: Hector, can I ask you a question?

Hector: Shoot.

Lyn: How do you walk in the desert with that armor?

Hector: ... Well, you see ... oh! Look! There's some action going on over there! Come on, guys!

Finally! Eliwood can get out of my party! I deploy both thieves and all my fliers so that I can get treasure more efficiently. As promised, I stuff all of my skill books down Rath's throat.

I start by moving Rath and Guy towards the armor knights on the rightmost part of the map, and everyone else attempts to move up. One of my thieves snatches up the Ocean Seal, and is promptly rescued by one of my fliers. Florina is attacked by a mage, as is Fiora on the following enemy phase, but I don't have enough units to make this work (especially since I'm not allowed to use my fliers to fight). $(*#&$& Pent kills both of the bosses, but I can't be bothered to start over. Luckily, a few enemy mages were left so I can still dig for treasure. Rath and Guy are the only ones who can make it up there in time to fight the shamans, except the one that chases my axe users. I use Lyn, Rath, and Guy to distract the shamans until Florina and Matthew finish picking up all the treasure. The desert is cleared out on turn 14. Thanks to Pent, I didn't get the sidequest. -_- Afa's Drops go to Rath.

Athos: Now everyone, close your eyes and think of a place in Pherae.

Guy: What if we don't know any places in Pherae?

Athos: That's all right, child of Hanon. Just let Eliwood do the thinking.

Chapter 24: Four-Fanged Offense

Eliwood: These are really bad disguises ...

Hector: Well, it was all we could afford!

Due to Eliwood being so underleveled, I end up on Lloyd's FOW map. I decide to ignore Wallace and the villages, and I rush everyone upwards to where Lloyd is. I accidentally put Hector in range of Lloyd, and he gets doubled at range with Lloyd's light brand (but lives). I finish him off using Lyn, Guy, and Rath.

Lloyd: I don't understand any of this. I'm going to talk to my father to get to the bottom of those.

Eliwood: Lloyd ... I don't think he's a bad man ...

Apparently, more people want me to use Ninian and Nils now. O_O I've kind of forgotten about them ... I'm wondering if I should just continue not using them unless forced, since I've been doing okay without them. But ... I can use them if I want to, as long as the poll tells me to.

Chapter 25: Crazed Beast

Lyn: Nice going, Hector! You just led us into a trap!

I deploy Hector, Lyn, Guy, Rath, and Bartre. I'm so happy that Bartre's almost at level 5, which means that I can drop him after this chapter and go back to using Sacaeans. Anyway, I send Rath down to clean up the pirates and everyone else north towards Pascal. I lure him out with Bartre on ... turn 2, I think, then finish him off with Bartre and Guy on the following PP. Guy dodged Pascal AND a swordslayer pirate while armed with a steel sword! O_o He also dodge-tanked a bunch of lance-armed cavaliers. Only two of several cavaliers even hit him, and he 1RKOd all of them. Rath hits level 20 and promotes. Farina shows up, but I'm not going to recruit her. Bartre continues to move forward, while Guy retreats to heal. Farina commits suicide (seriously, Farina, why would you park yourself next to a pair of pirates, AND the purge bishop?) and I decide not to restart to save her, because this is the SECOND TIME she's done this. (Last time, she put herself one space away from an archer, literally saying, "Kill me!") I move Guy towards the purge bishop. Rath seizes the first fortress, then I move him up. He catches up and kills the Purge bishop. Guy cleans up the monks that pop out, and Bartre seizes the fortress. Hector guarded Merlinus the entire time. I didn't save Karla's village, obviously.

Eliwood: Well ... that was rather inconvenient. Let us go, before they send reinforcements after us.

Chapter 26: Unfulfilled Heart

Pent: Please take this Heaven's Seal.

Cian: Yes! Finally! Lyn, it's time for you to become useful!

Cian says it all. Lyn gets the Heaven's Seal and promotes. Eliwood is forced into my party again.

I send Rath and Guy to clean up everything on the bottom half of the map. Pent, Louise, and Eliwood try to stay out of my way. I give Lyn a steel bow, and she counters magi with it. She also dodge-tanks a few wyverns (but gets hit by the Elfire sage at stupidly low displayed hit). I have Pent heal her because I'm kind of worried about her HP. I'm unable to save the village (that's all right, I never use Hammerne anyway). I don't have enough characters, so I have Pent fight off a few wyverns so Eliwood doesn't get attacked. Lyn gets surrounded by three wyverns and a monk, but she dodges them all. Hector helps her out. Louise and Eliwood run away to avoid being attacked. Near the end of the map, I go on the defensive and just have everyone clean up enemies. Rath and Guy finally get a C support. All the wyverns want to attack Rath, which is weird. (Rath can 1RKO them while Guy can't without a critical. I think Guy was injured as well while Rath wasn't. They were both in the wyverns' range. Weird AI.)

Lyn: I know where they went! Follow me, everyone!

Chapter 27: Pale Flower of Darkness

Guy: You are the legendary swordmaster, Karel? Please, teach me!

Karel: ... Foolish boy. Leave my sight at once.

Rath ... That guy scares me.

Cian: He scares me too ...

I deploy Legault for thieving and opening doors. If I want Karel instead of Harken, I'll have to be opening doors like a crazy person. Lyn gets the wyrmslayer, Guy gets a silver sword, and Rath gets an iron blade. Everyone but Hector and Legault gets a door key. I'm going to try to keep Hector out of the way. He's level 20 and can't do anything useful anyway.

Legault opens the first door, the one closest to him. Rath charges in and takes out a bandit. He got hit with a 7 displayed by the warrior. But I had to restart because I got Harken. Rath cleans up the first room, while Lyn and Guy trudge on ahead. Hector stays back to protect Merlinus. I send Lyn up to fight off the archers, while Rath goes down to the lower part of the map and opens the door to the room with the mercenaries and heroes. I get lucky and open four doors before turn 10, which means that I'll get Karel this time. Lyn decides to troll me and get hit by 20-something displayed hits, including a blow from the silver bow sniper. -_- Rath and Guy switch spots, so that Guy cleans up the last room in the south (trailed after by Legault) and Rath moves north. Wait ... Karel shows up to the south? O_o I have Rath rescue Karel and move up with him so Lyn can recruit him. Rath can dodge attacks from two nomads and a nomad trooper while carrying Karel, and he can still double with an iron bow. O_O Karel get! I immediately have him fight off cavalier and paladin reinforcements. I stick Lyn and Rath next to each other for a few turns, waiting for them to support, and then I let Guy catch up to the others. Jerme falls on turn 21 after being teamed up on by Lyn and Rath. Rout on turn 22.

Lyn: Look! It's the Fire Emblem!

Hector: That knave had it the entire time?

Eliwood: Let's go! We must return to Bern.

Chapter 26: Battle Before Dawn

Eliwood: The prince is in trouble! We have to save him!

Hector: ... Look there. It's that assassin from the Dragon's Gate.

Lyn: Why is he being attacked by Black Fang? What's going on?

Cian: Who cares about that? Guys! Hurry up and go protect the prince!

I decide to send Lyn and Rath after Jaffar, and Guy and Karel down Nino's side. Hector follows the two swordsmen. I remember to deploy Ninian this time. She helps Karel, Hector, and Guy move faster. Jaffar's being suicidal again, but he hasn't died yet. Hector and the swordsmen have some issues getting through, but Ninian helps them be more efficient (sort of). Rath accidentally lures out Maxime and cleanly 1RKOs him. Hector dodges a bolting from Ursula. Ninian has to stay behind so that she doesn't get killed by bolting. Rath and Lyn chase Jaffar, trying to keep him out of trouble. Karel takes a hit from a swordslayer, but lives. Jaffar finally runs out of Killing Edge uses, and Rath rescues him and runs over to Nino. She then talks to Jaffar. Rath kills Ursula, because he's the only one who can get there on time.

Nino: Thanks for saving us.

Jaffar: ...

Hector: ... I don't like this, Eliwood.

Chapter 28x: Night of Farewells

Lyn: I wonder where Nino and Jaffar are going to?

Eliwood: ... Let's follow them.

Oh, man, I hate this chapter. And without a flier ... ugh. I give Lyn the boots so that she can help Rath when he has to rush ahead of everyone. I give Nino a lockpick to hold on to so she can trade it to Jaffar. Hector has to tank things that follow from behind so that the Sacaeans can keep on moving forward. Jaffar has to rescue Nino. Things slow down because the tiles won't show up fast enough and I don't have a flier, but everyone does well on the defensive. Karel has yet to get a single point of strength, and he's reliant on silver swords to 1RKO. Speaking Karel, he and Guy get their C support. Rath dodges a sleep staff. Hector gets hit by Sonia's bolting and barely survives. Karel dodges the sleep staff as well. The Sacaeans close in on Sonia, while Hector protects Jaffar from pirates and pegasus knights. He breaks his axe, and Jaffar gives him Nino and fights off the baddies. Lyn and Rath get their B support. Jaffar starts moving down to grab the speedwings chest, and barely survives the EP. Rath weakens Sonia for Karel to kill. Oh, and Rath and Guy got their B support. I have to wait for Hector to make his way to the throne. To cut down on waiting time, I send Rath to rescue Hector and bring him to the throne. Seize on turn 24.

Lyn: Let's go, Nino ... it's time to go.

Nino: Yes ...

Next time: it's Cog of Destiny, and we get to face Linus. Karla won't be here until later, but aside from her the team's all here. Hector's close to promoting as well. And now for character stats:

Unit     Level 	HP   ST   SK   SP   LC   DF   RS
Hector   20.00 	34   19   12   12   11   20   05
Lyn      20/14 	42   21   29   29   23   11   14
Guy      20/18 	49   19   25   30   17   10   09
Rath     20/17 	52   25   21   30   11   13   10
Karel    --/15 	36   16   26   24   18   15   13

Edited by Boron

Chapter 29: Cog of Destiny

Nino: That's my brother, Linus! Why is he fighting against us?

Eliwood: ... I don't know. Nino, I want you to stay back. You don't have to fight against him.

Nino: No, let me just talk to my brother! I know he may not listen, but ...

I start by sending everyone in opposite directions. Lyn moves north. Guy and Karel head towards the armors. Rath goes west towards the village. Hector stays to recruit Vaida. Guy tanks armors on the EP. Rath 1HKOs myrmidons EXACTLY with an iron sword. :P I laugh at the nonexistent hit percentages enemy cavaliers and nomads have on Lyn. Guy and Karel get crit-happy. Guy hits level 20 and levels up NOTHING. Rath hits level 20 as well. Karel is javelin bait. Lyn kills a swordslayer berserker with an iron bow. Guy breaks the lancereaver on a cavalier. I desperately need weapons. Karel levels up strength FOR THE FIRST TIME on level 17. Lyn has the misfortune of being attacked at bow range by an armor, a paladin, and a cavalier, and the ADDITIONAL misfortune of breaking her iron bow on an enemy that attacks her at counter, so she gets stuck with her Mani Katti as a hand axe bandit, a sniper, and a nomad attack her AT RANGE. Thanks a lot, Lyn. -_- Rath gets the Warp staff. I also buy a ton of swords. Vaida shows up on turn 10. Lyn and Karel hit level 20, and Lyn caps strength. Lyn and Rath team up on Linus and bring him down on turn 13.

Athos: You must go the Western Isles and find the Thunder Axe, Armads. But first ... this is for you, Hector.

Hector: Whoa ... I feel all powerful now ... Let's go! Time to find that axe!

Chapter 30: The Berserker

Hector: ... Are you sure you want to be here, Lyn?

Lyn: Hey! You had better not be doubting my strength!

Rath: ...

As the dialogue suggests, I deploy Hector, Lyn, and Rath. Hector will be getting most of the kills here, I brought Lyn and Rath so that they can get their A support. I send the Sacaean duo to the west, while Hector goes north. There's ... not really much to say, the enemies here aren't hard. I get all the treasure chests. Hector gets poisoned. They all reach Kaim on turn 15. Hector equips an iron sword and stands next to him. Lyn and Hector get their A support, right in front of Hector. :XD: Kaim falls on turn 17, and I claim the space on turn 18.

Eliwood: No ... how could -- how could this have happened? Ninian ... NINIAN!

Chapter 31: Sands of Time

Guy: This shouldn't be hard at all, right guys?

Rath: ...

Karel: ...

Lyn: ... Hm? Did you say something, Guy?

Guy: ...

I deploy the Sacaeans, plus all the mounted units I have so I can get those annoying armor knights out of my way. Guy and Karel are in the center of the map, and I have them clear out stuff from there. Rath runs down to the right, and Lyn takes the left. I deploy Legault for treasure, and I send him after Lyn. Hector gets hit by a Nosferatu druid. -_- Other than that, things go well. Strangely, enemies seem to want to attack Rath instead of Hector, even though both are in range, have a ranged weapon, and Hector is weakened. O_o Karel gets slept at 24 displayed. -_- Guy crit-kills Denning on turn 4. Guy dodges a sleep staff hit at 51 displayed. Lyn gets hit by a poison lance at 8 displayed. X_x Guy and Karel get their B support. Nothing interesting happens other than that.

Hector: Before we head out to the Dread Isle, we should stock up on supplies.

Eliwood: Yes ... good idea, Hector.

Chapter 31x: Battle Preparations

Bartre: You!

Karla: ... Brother?

Karel: ...

Finally! My team is now complete! And ... it's Karla. Great ... Anyway, I toss her the Angelic Robe, since she's going to need it more than the others. I also give Guy and Karla a Body Ring so they can lose less AS from their swords. Anyway, I recruit Karla with Bartre. Then Bartre does my shopping. I use the arena. The end.

Guy: I'm kind of confused. What happened?

Rath: ... Try not to think about it.

Lyn: My ... this is ... interesting.