Generic Fantasy Stat RP Chapter 2

Rothene

"I figured that it might not be wise to draw attention to us, given that we're in the middle of unfamiliar territory, with no other way out. What if they decide to pour sand in here?" Alena said softly.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I say we go back to the rest of the group and tell them about those people. Besides, I think it's safe to say there's no water in here." Oscar almost whispered

Emocni

"True, the other side could have a well. Wouldn't hurt to try there," Qaahir said, "After all, we'd kill ourselves plowing through the desert without enough water."

Things are happening Zoey! I can feel it...There are things even human mages have trouble sensing. So you're calling Sabastion? I like it! Never had a name before so I can't judge it~

Although I recommend you be alert, the gurdians seem to be acting strange...the spear warned.

Emocni

Rushing to the unexplored side, and no longer bothering to check for traps due to their earlier ordeal, sure enough, the group seeking water came across a well that had no stench. But there were disturbing foot marks of forms that seemed to have shambled around it and to the darkness beyond.

"So...where's the bucket and ropes for this thing?" Qaahir asked as the group could only stare into the ongoing abyss of the well and its surroundings. There was no sign of any tools to withdraw the water from the well. As the fighter wondered if there was even any water in the well, for dark depths could lead to sand more often than water, he heard a feminine sound of grunting and metal scraping desperately against the well walls coming from the well itself.

Chaen Lang stood dumbfounded as the barrier of sand receded and no immediate threats were visible on the other side. Barking a few orders to his soldiers, he had them carry the still unconscious Lord Tzang. Should I risk sending more to retrieve water from the southern wing? And what of those who went further in...could they have been the cause of the barrier falling?

"Zoey, Alyssia, Sumomo, Cora...we're moving out now! Any of you bold enough to go back down there to look for our missing comrades?"

Zoey looked over to Chaen, her expression only portraying pure thanks... knowing they were goign to get out of this sandy pit, she grabbed her shield and spear, slinging the former on her back as she used the latter to help stand and keep balance. Are you sure? She asked the spear she was leaning on, which was know slightly demoted to walking stick.

Emocni

Yeah...they seem to have gotten quite...I don't know why, said the Sabastion.

"Help me UP!" came a female voice from the well. Omair quickly summoned a small ball of flame and let it fly down as far as he could. She must be really deep to not be seen by our torches.

Sure enough, there was a figure clad all in black clutching onto a rope connected to a grappling hook far away from the well mouth with both hands shielding her face from Omair's tiny ball of flame. "Get that thing away from me! I can't see!"

"Relax it won't burn you," Damn, how long has she been there? How're we supposed to get her out of this? Looking to Qaahir, Omair raise his eyebrow hoping to get some feedback from the older Emocnian.

Qaahir looked at the female below and called out, "Is there water down there?"

"Yes! There's a whole underground lake I'm trying not to fall into!"

Retrieving a rope of extreme length, that he always kept close to him, Qaahir proceeded to tie it around his waist firmly as he spoke to the rest, "I'm going down there without my weapons. Hand me your water skins so that if there really is water down there, I'll collect them...and maybe help the girl if all of you can pull the two of us up."

"Wait a minute! Wouldn't it be better if Alena went down instead? Then you and Oscar can both easily pull her back up. You'll instead be too heavy for all of us I suspect," Omair said.

Qaahir shook his head, "Climbing is not easy stuff. I've climbed a fair deal of heights in my line of work and I've discovered that a lot of muscle power is needed. I'm not sure if Alena's got the strength and stamina to climb down there...and it would be very dark all the way unless your magic's reach is far, mage."

"I think I might be able to pull you back up Qaahir, with these two helping me we should be able get you back up no problem." Said Oscar as he handed Qaahir both of his water skins

Emocni

"Pah! If Oscar keeps all that armour on him, he should have enough weight to keep him steady...it's the grip I'm worried about. I'll try not to put too much stress on the rope, but if any of you fill it being tugged rapidly in quick succession that means I want it extended for me," said Qaahir as he collected everyone's water skins. Omair qui8ckly produced a tiny ball of flame to follow Qaahir. As he prepared to enter the well he heard the woman below call out, "Heeeeey!!! Anybody?"

"Oh, shut up! I'm coming! I'm coming! Now don't shout anymore while I get down." the Emocnian was amazed that she held on to her own rope for so long. The climb was nothing special, it was always this treacherous to scale down wells. But thankfully the walls of Emocnian wells tend to be rougher and with various holes and cracks in them due to lack of water to smoothen them. Carefully, the fighter took out two daggers of his that had the best grip among his stash. He then stabbed one into the wall, then when it was firm enough, he let go of the rape and stabbed the second dagger as low as he can reach with his other arm without extending his elbow. Carefully, he repeated the steps over and over, using the gravity on occasion to conserve his energy.

Finally, after a grueling few minutes, the Emocnian fighter got close enough to the person in the well that Omair's little flame that followed him down now fully revealed her. She had a lithe figure and pale lean muscles were visible through the various cuts and scratches in her dark attire. What was important was she looked drenched and was constantly shivering with her death grip on a rope she clung onto. Looking further down, Qaahir noticed that there was indeed water below and flowing. So there was a river!

"Oh please, please, please get me out of here!" the woman screamed as soon as Qaahir got close enough to see her. She needs help. Despite knowing what was more important for the group, the fighter felt compelled to help the person first. Quickly assessing the rope which she held onto, Qaahir noticed it was the missing bucket and rope attached to it. It had somehow got caught onto an large rusty nail so far down. Why it was there was of no concern to the Emocnian.

"Wait, do you have the strength to pass me your rope?" Qaahir asked. The woman quickly raised her legs and grabbed the rope with one of her hands and swung it upwards to Qaahir who caught it. He then reeled in the rest of the wet rope that was submerged in water and tied it firmly to the rope around his waist. He carefully looked at what he had done so that in case of emergency, he could quickly cut it off when required.

"Alright, hold still while I come closer to get you," Qaahir said as he climbed around the wall to get closer to the woman. When he got close enough, she lunged into his arms. "Thank you..."

"Don't thank me yet, now we have to get up," Qaahir said, "Hold onto me now while I climb up. The two of us are too much for my companions to handle."

Carefully, the Emocnian pushed the bucket loose so that it reached into the water below. He felt the rope tug at his waist as the bucket was being pushed by the water current. With an extra weight on his back, the climb up would be very difficult. Very much like that one time he had climbed out of a ruin not too different from this one with his employers equipment.

Slowly, the Emocnian produced his two daggers and stabbed them into the wall so that he could hold still. "Alright, the rope is secure, you'll need to climb up this rope yourself...can you do it?"

The woman nodded, then began climbing up the rope quickly...like someone experienced with such activity. "Guys! The girls coming up so I want you all to pull at the ropes hard! The bucket's back so we can haul up water for ourselves later!""

"Got it Qaahir" Oscar yelled back in response to the fighter as he began to pull up the rope the girl was attached to, seeing that his companions were pulling as well it was obvious she would be up soon.

(OOC: Turns out the surgery wasn't going to keep me down as long as I thought)

Edited by Eail

Emocni

With the combine efforts of the group, Qaahir and the woman made it back to the top in no time. The woman quickly planted her feet firmly on the floor and stood up to her full height. She was very tall and had very pale skin to match her long golden hair.

Is she a Yracian? wondered Omair. He had heard that the people there were huge and extremely pale due to very little sunlight.

"Aaahhh...feels good to be on dry land again!" exclaimed the woman. Qaahir paid her no mind as he got back to hauling the water out of the well quickly.

"So who are you?" Omair asked the woman.

"I am Nissa of the Hauki tribe." replied the woman.

"Hauki? That name sounds familiar..." muttered Omair frowning.

"That's the tribe that lives in the southern part of Yrac. Near the great sea that divides us from Rekam," said Nissa. "So my rescuers are?"

"I am Omair," Omair said keeping his hands to himself.

"You will go? Be careful then. If your instincts tell you to run, you come back here. The rest of you can either go to the entrance or follow me to reclaim some water from the southern wing with my men," Chaen Lang said addressing the people his Tsaens had picked up over time.

Edited by Rothene

Emocni

"Well...long story short, I paid a sage along in Emocni to warp me to Central Emocni...but I ended up finding myself in these ruins. And then there were corpses everywhere. all lying about the floor. I dropped my belongings and tried to run away from the place but then it occurred to me that corpses were...just that. So I back tracked beyond the well to retrieve my belongings when they suddenly started rising up. That was when I panicked and decided to hide in the well."

"You knew about the nail down there?" Qaahir asked filling all the water skins.

"No," Nissa replied, "I tried to hook the bucket to one of the spears impaled into the ground...but one of those moving corpses must have taken it up because at some point the whole bucket and rope started falling. I guess I was lucky when it caught onto that old nail. Was hard pulling myself out of the water though. Took most of my energy."

"You are very lucky today. Had my companion not suggested we go this way, we might never have come across you," Omair said.

"Right...I'll need to go gather my belongings," said Nissa glancing around, "Those things are gone right? You all took care of them right?"

"No we didn't, it looks like they just got up and walked away. It also explains where those footprints we saw on the way in came from." Oscar responded to the woman. "But if any more of the creatures come along I'm sure we can handle them."

Emocni

"Alright, won't be long..." Nissa said running off into the distant darkness, a faint glow coming from a stone she took out of her rags to light her way. Not too long later, she came running back in drier and more concealing clothing. Behind her was something long and wrapped up in a thick layer of cloth.

"Alright, all set and ready," she said with the bulky pack behind her.

With all the water skins filled and some extra sips from the bucket, the rest of the group returned to the intersection.

As the group reunited a smile came across Sumomo's face as they came back. Her heart was still heavy at her abandonment of them, but to see them back helped to ease the burden.

"It is good to see you again." she said with a small bow, holding her blade in a proper hold as she did.

"Glad to see you're all right Miss Sumomo, we managed to find water back there among other things." said Oscar before asking "Is everyone else okay?"

"Everyone is in the state that you left them in. I was worried about your group and ashamed of myself for... ummm... 'chickening'... out? I should have gone as well. Did you encounter those spirits again?"