The Ultimate Pokemon Quest

bobflac

Yellow

Caught Venonat, now that I have a little bit more respect for it. Got the Super Rod. Caught Seadra, Horsea, and Snorlax. Went south from Fuschia and caught two Staryu. Evolved one with a Water Stone.

Koga Take Two: Lots of Sleeping, Fluting, and Aurora Beaming to down the first three Venonats. THe second actually poisoned Vaporeon, so she did not get put back to sleep. Golem came out to Rock Throw the Venomoth, to get Leech LIfe'd in return. Psychic critical hits and down goes Golem. Mew comes out to Mega Punch to find Leech Life Super Effective, doing twenty damage. Two Mega Punches and two Pounds later, the match is done. Badge get.

I didn't have to grind that much actually. I just switched up my strategy and that did the trick.

Time to pay a little visit to the Power Plant. Caught Magneton. Mew and Golem took Zapdos to low health before the Ultra Balls came out. Zapdos get.

Flew to Pallet Town and Surf'd south. Turned the Helix Fossil and Old Amber into Omanyte and Aerodactyl. Entered the Pokemon Mansion. Caught Grimer. Made my way to the basement and picked up the Secret Key.

Gym: Vaporeon used Surf. Alot.

Blaine: Golem's Dig and Rock Throw combo took out Ninetales. An extra Tackle to that same combo took out Rapidash. Golem retreated as Arcanine came out (stupid Fire Spin took me to low health) Vaporeon handled the rest. Badge get.

Oops. I did them out of order. Oh well. No one cares.

Blue: 71

Red: 76

Yellow: 94

Silver: 107

Gold: 98

Crystal: 112

47.7%

Edited by bobflac

Silver

FINALLY evolved Eevee into Espeon. Started to invade the Radio Tower and got rid of the imposter.

Rival: Ampharos took out Golbat and Sneasel with Thunderpunch. Sigurd Surfs Magnemite, double Ice Punches Meganium (while Freezing him), Espeon Bites Haunter. Espeon leveled to 36 and learned Psybeam, thus giving it reason to exist. Cleared out the rest of the basement with Espeon then headed back to the Radio Tower.

Didn't have much time today. Going to bed.

Silver - 108

Team Rocket Poison Types are tasty. Espeon loves taking them out. Got the Silver Wing and was told exactly where to find Lugia. Hmm. No one in First Gen tells me where I could find awesome pokemon like that. Caugth Seel in the Whirl Islands. Left and flew to Mahogany. I need Ultra Balls and they are at Blackthorn. Caught Lickitung, Jynx, and Swinub.

Got through Ice Cave and bought a bunch of Ultra Balls. Caught Skarmory and Graveler.

Returned to the Whirl Islands and caugh Horsea. Met Lugia.

Lugia - Ampharos Thunder Wave'd to Paralyze Lugia. Switch to Espeon, who Bites twice to bring HP down. Ultra Balls away. Lugia caught.

Flew back to Blackthorn.

Gym - Sigurd led out and used Ice Punch. Alot. Bite on the Horsea clans.

Clair - Ice Punch on the first Dragonair, taking it to low HP, but Freezing it as well. Bite finishes it. Ice Punch and, wow, Frozen Solid again. No Thunderbolt backlash fro me. Got Thunder Wave'd by the last Dragonair. Dragonbreath hit me for 22 HP before Bite finished him. Switched to Ampharos for Kingdra. Smokescfreen hit while T-Wave missed. Surf hit for 54 HP while T-Wave stuck this time. Proceeded to Thunderpunch. Hit twice and took him down to low HP before Surf took its toll and fainted Ampharos. Enter Espeon. Hyper Potion up and Psybeam took half of Kingdra's HP. Next turn, and the battle is over. Badge get.

Clair's a prick like usual and I go to the Dragon's Den to get my prize. NOW, Badge get.

Getting ready for work. Trading Frenzy to come.

Blue - 71

Red - 76

Yellow - 94

Silver - 116

Gold - 98

Crystal - 112

48.3%

Trading Frenzy! (These take way too long)

Blue

R - Arcanine, Cloyster, Starmie, Seaking, Raichu, Exeggutor, Ditto, Vileplume, Magneton, Horsea, Jolteon, Butterfree

Y - Gengar, Golbat, Staryu, Seadra, Venonat, Dratini, Cubone, Fearow, Zapdos, Slowpoke, Venusaur, Grimer, Tauros, Victreebel, Primeape, Omanyte, Aerodactyl, Kangaskhan, Scyther

S - Lickitung, Seel

G - N/A

C - Tangela, Electrode, Arbok, Wigglytuff, Jynx

Red

B - Weepingbell, Ninetales, Dugtrio, Flareon, Blastoise

Y - Magneton, Venusaur, Snorlax, Horsea, Zapdos, Grimer, Tauros, Victreebel, Primeape, Omanyte, Aerodactyl, Parasect, Kangaskhan, Rhyhorn, Scyther, Fearow, Cubone, Kakuna, Golbat, Haunter/Gengar

S - Lickitung, Seel

G - N/A

C - Jynx, Tangela, Electrode, Arbok, Wigglytuff

Yellow

B - Dugtrio, Flareon

R - Dratini, Slowpoke, Clefairy, Jolteon, Diglett, Seaking, Voltorb, Raichu, Exeggutor, Arcanine

S - Seel, Lickitung

G - N/A

C - Jynx, Tangela, Electrode, Arbok

Silver

B - Weepingbell, Ninetales, Dugtrio, Flareon, Nidoqueen, Blastoise, Parasect, Nidorina, Snorlax, Metapod

R - Vileplume, Jolteon, Exeggutor, Seaking, Raichu, Arcanine, Starmie

Y - Seadra, Cubone, Fearow, Zapdos, Kangaskhan, Squirtle, Venusaur, Grimer, Tauros, Victreebel, Primeape, Omanyte, Aerodactyl

G - Cloyster

C - Magneton, Gligar, Sneasel, Tangela, Electrode, Voltorb, Arbok, Wigglytuff

Gold

B - Weepingbell, Ninetales, Dugtrio, Flareon, Blastoise, Parasect, Snorlax, Metapod,

R - Vileplume, Jolteon, Exeggutor, Arcanine, Raichu, Seaking

Y - Kangaskhan, Squirtle, Venusaur, Grimer, Tauros, Victreebel, Primeape, Omanyte, Aerodactyl, Starmie, Vaporeon, Kakuna, Golbat, Seadra, Cubone, Fearow, Zapdos

S - Wobbuffet, Seel, Horsea, Skarmory, Graveler, Dratini, Politoad, Natu, Rhyhorn, Dunsparce, Espeon, Lugia

C - Sneasel, Jynx, Swinub, Lickitung, Lapras, Magneton, Gligar, Tangela, Electrode, Voltorb, Arbok, Wigglytuff

Crystal

B - Blastoise, Parasect, Nidorina, Snorlax, Metapod, Weepingbell, Ninetales, Dugtrio, Flareon

R - Arcanine, Starmie, Vileplume, Jolteon, Exeggutor, Seaking, Raichu

Y - Aerodactyl, Omanyte, Primeape, Kakuna, Squirtle, Venusaur, Grimer, Tauros, Victreebel, Seadra, Cubone, Fearow, Kangaskhan, Zapdos

S - Espeon, Lugia, Horsea, Skarmory, Seel, Wobbuffet, Rhyhorn, Yanma, Natu, Dunsparce

G - Cloyster

Blue - 109

Red - 105

Yellow - 113

Silver - 155

Gold - 154

Crystal - 154

67%

Blue

Caught Muk and Ponyta at the Pokemon Mansion.

Invaded Silph Co. Beat everything up and then challenged Gary.

Gary - Two X Speeds and two X Accuracys on Nidoqueen and I discover just why she's so awesome. She Horn Drill'd Pidgeot. Grabbed Gyarados by the tail and Horn Drill'd it into the ground. Double Water Gun'd Growlithe. Roundhoused Horn Drill'd to the face of Alakazam. Threw Venusaur into the air and... Horn Drill'd!

Picked up Lapras.

Giovanni - Four straight Blastoise Surfs.

Took on the Fighting Gym. Doduo and Nidoqueen teamed up for the gym. Picked up Hitmonchan.

Bought a Porygon.

Took another detour and caught Articuno.

Evolved Doduo.

Sabrina's Gym - Blastoise Bite'd and Surf'd his way to Sabrina.

Sabrina - Bite OHKO's Kadabra. Two Bites ended Mr. Mime, but not before Barrier went up. Critical Hit on Venomoth. Psywave did one HP, while Bite did half on Alakazam. Recover, Bite, Psywave, Bite. Badge get.

Gold

Evolved Eevee into Umbreon. Evolved Quilava into Typhlosion. Went to Radio Tower. It seems to be Team Rocket Day. Got the Basement Key and went downstairs.

Rival - Lanturn Spark'd Golbat, and Surf'd Magnemite. Typhlosion used Flame Wheel on Haunter. Lanturn came back out to double Spark Feraligatr. Typhlosion finished off Sneasel. Beat all the rest of the trainers in the basement for the Card Key. Went upstairs and cleared out the rest of the Radio Tower and got the Rainbow Wing.

Went over to the Ice Cave. Got through and bought a bunch of Ultra Balls in Blackthorn. Flew to Ecruteak. Raided Tin Tower an dtook all of Ho-oh's loot, then took on Ho-oh himself. After multiple attempts, succeeded in banishing him to an Ultra Ball.

Caught a Poliwhirl in Violet.

Flew to Blackthorn and entered the gym. Lanturn was able to easily deal with the Horsea family members, but everyone had to work together on the Dratini.

Clair - Typhlosion took out the first Dragonair, then switched to Lanturn for Kingdra. A number of Sparks took down the beast while two Hyper Beams and some Smokescreens crippled Lanturn. Typhlosion's Flame Wheel dealt with the second Dragonair. A Hyper Potion was used on Lanturn the turn he came out. Two Surf's ended the match.

Went to Dragon's Den. Badge get.

Flew to New Bark. Got Master Ball.

Blue - 116

Red - 105

Yellow - 113

Silver - 155

Gold - 158

Crystal - 154

68%

Massive update today. Been moving and I did not have access to Internet all week.

Red

Caught Electabuzz.

Surf'd to Cinnabar. Received Kabuto. Caught Weezing and Muk. Picked up the Secret Key.

Paid Silph Co. a visit. Charmeleon evolved.

Gary - Gyarados used Bite on Pidgeot three times. Bubblebeam'd Growlithe. Charizard double Ember'd Exeggcute. Slash'd Alakazam. Gyarados took on Blastoise.

Picked up Lapras.

Gyarados rocked against Giovanni.

Charizard destroys the fighting gym. Took Hitmonlee.

Gym - Slash the Psychic Types. Ember and Bubblebeam the Ghosts.

Sabrina - Slash the Kadabra. Same to the Mr. Mime (heehee. I "mimed" it) Double Ember the Venomoth. Slash OHKO'd the Alakazam. Never knew that attack was that good in first gen. Charizard's overall awesomeness might have had something to do with it. Badge get.

Flew to Cinnabar. Nidoking took on the gym with Surf.

Blaine - X Accuracy and X Speed. Surf the Growlithe. Horn Drill sweeps the rest. Awesome. Badge get.

Caught Chansey at the Safari Zone.

Blue

Went to the Pokemon Mansion. Caught Magmar and Weezing. Got the Secret Key and left.

Gym - Blastoise!

Blaine - Growlithe got Water Gun'd. So did Ponyta. Surf the last two, and sweep! Badge get.

Yellow

Went to Silph Co. Fought my way through the Rockets.

Gary - Mew dual Water Gun'd the Sandslash. Did the same to Ninetales. Venusaur Razor Leaf'd the Cloyster. Mew Mega Punch'd the Kadabra. Golem finished it with Earthquake to Jolteon.

Got Lapras.

Giovanni - All Vaporeon. All the time.

Gym - Mowed through some stuff. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Sabrina - Mew and Mega Punch made this pretty easy actually.

Flew to Viridian.

Gym - Vaporeon

Giovanni (again) - Dugtrio OHKO'd Vaporeon like a punk. Venusaur Razor Leaf'd him and Persian. Mew Water Gun'd the Nidoqueen, Horn Drill'd Nidoking, and Water Gun'd Rhydon. Badge get.

Crystal

Evolved Bayleef. Lapras destroyed the Underground Rocket Guys with Surf, Ice Beam and Body Slam. Got Card Key. Beat up the Radio Tower. Lapras cleared everything until the second to last Exec. Got Paralyzed and taken out by the final guy's Koffing. Houndoom was finished by Meganium. Golbat evolved!!!

On to Blackthorn. Lapras cleared the gym.

Clair - Three Ice Beams to take on three Dragonairs. Two more Ice Beams (with Kingdra Hyper Beam'ing for 43 HP) and Clair is beaten.

Destroyed the test and ... Badge get.

Dratini (with Extremespeed) get.

Mini Trading Frenzy.

Blue sent Porygon, Articuno, Dodrio, Hitmonchan, Magmar, and Ponyta.

Red sent Charizard, Electabuzz, Kabuto, Chansey, and Hitmonlee.

Yellow sent Clefable.

Silver kept Magmar and put him in the daycare. Kept Chansey as well. Got Egg and hatched Magby.

Gold kept Electabuzz and put him in the daycare. Kept Porygon as well. Got Egg and hatched Elekid.

Silver put Jynx in the Daycare with Ditto and got the Egg. Hatched it and got Smoochum.

Silver

Went east from New Bark. Sigurd waded through some stuff. Entered Victory Road. Caught Donphan.

Rival - Surf and Bite the Sneasel. Surf the Magneton. Two Ice Punches on Meganium. Ice Punch and Bite the Golbat. Bite the Haunter. Two Bites on Kadabra and done.

Stocked up on Revives.

Will - Espeon did Bite. Alot.

Koga - Psybeam, from Espeon. Also, Chansey evolved.

Bruno - Psybeam. Also Surf.

Karen - Sigurd Surf'd a couple of times against Umbreon. Espeon Psybeam'd Vileplume. Thunderpunch Murkrow. Espeon Bites Gengar.

Lance - Gyarados is Thunderpunch'd. Ice Punch times two against Dragonite. Twice again. Twice again. Ampharos Thunderpunch Aerodactyl. Psybeam times three against Charizard. Sigurd had fainted to a number of Hyper Beams.

Hall of Fame!

Feraligatr - Lv 47 Smacked most of the game in the face. I do not care what people say. I still think that he is as good as Typhlosion.

Ampharos - Lv 41 Got Water's, which was the only thing Feraligatr was missing. Awesome.

Espeon - Lv 46 Well worth the effort. I love this Pokemon.

Others - Hoothoot did its job of helping with Bugsy's Scyther and Rival's Bayleef in Azalea.

Blue

Viridian Gym - Blastoise cleared everything out.

Giovanni - Nidoqueen led out. X Accuracy and X Speed. Five Horn Drills to sweep. Badge get.

Red

Viridian Gym - Charizard used Slash against everything except the Rhyhorns, which Gyarados disposed of with Bubblebeam.

Giovanni - X Acurracy and X Speed. Horn Drill sweep. I cannot believe that I never knew about this before. Badge get.

Gary - X Accuracy and X Speed. Had to Surf Pidgeot down because of Agility. After that, Horn Drill and Fissure for the win.

Victory Road - Caught Moltres and Venomoth.

Indigo Plateau - Bought 15 Full Restores and 10 Revives. You know, just in case.

Blue

Back to Blue.

Gary - Nido Stuff. Also, Body Slam'd the Pidgeot. Horn Drill and Fissure did the rest.

Victory Road - Caught Sandslash before coming in. Caught Machoke and Marowak.

Indigo Plateau - Bought 10 Revives. Flew to Celadon and stocked up on Lemonades, X Accuracy's, and X Speed's.

Lorelei - Nido OHKO Machine.

Bruno - Water Gun'd the Onix's. Horn Drill'd everything else.

Agatha - OHKOing machine.

Lance - Tricky stuff. Blastoise double Blizzard on Gyarados (both Criticaling. Very nice). Then Standard Nido stuff.

Gary - Pidgeot used Whirlwind and Mirror Move. No Agility, Nido Sweep.

Hall of Fame!

Blastoise - Lv 54 A beast. Took Brock, Sabrina, and Blaine single handedly. Definitely my favorite starter.

Nidoqueen - Lv 55 Won the game for me. Everyone Koga and onwards were swept by the cheapness of the OHKO attacks and the screwy accuracy in this game.

Other Scrubs

Dodrio - Was great against Erika. Then became my Fly slave.

Caught an Abra and traded it for Mr. Mime.

Unknown Dungeon (I refuse to call it Cerulean Cave)

Caught Hypno, Venomoth, and Rhydon. Made my way through the dungeon until Blue came face to face with...

Mewtwo - Led out with Nidoqueen. Body Slam. Psychic fainted Nidoqueen. Blastoise used Bite only to have Mewtwo use Recover. Two Surfs... you know what. Screw it.

Master Ball. Mewtwo get.

Blue - 132

Red - 126

Yellow - 125

Silver - 170

Gold - 170

Crystal - 167

74%