FEditor Won't Load My Roms

Helios

So I changed the music for my hack (thank you Blazer for the UT), but now when I try to load up my rom onto FEditor it won't load. I get a message saying: "There was an error processing one or more of the file streams". I've never gotten this error before doing anything else, so I'm positive it had something to do with messing with the tunes. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Yeah, that works ^^ Or just revert to a backup, and try to insert your music again in a different place, perhaps :P

That's what I'm doing. It seems to be working so far. Ahhh repointing everything takes soooo long :\.

Blazer's instrumental patch expands the rom quite a bit. There's walls of "00" bytes in between stuff. Is that stuff free space that can be used or should i leave that alone? I'm afraid I'm going to run out of space since music takes up so much space :(

The music shouldn't take up that much space, unless you're using raw sound samples. Which is fscking stupid.

You're right. I did all my music hacking last night and thought to myself, "oh this looks like it's taking up so much space" because I stupidly shifted all the numbers by a decimal point to the left in my head due to lack of sleep. I looked at it earlier today when I woke up and saw that all the songs I put in together were in reality not that much.

Turns out that since I put all the music at the end of the rom I expanded the size too much. So I just put it all at D00000 and now everything works smoothly. I've also gotten a lot faster at doing this haha.

When I get that error, I go into a hex editor and insert 00's at the end until I get that the number of bytes is a multiple of 16(e.g. 1000000, 1000010, 10000A0 etc.) ... then I don't get that error anymore.

When I get that error, I go into a hex editor and insert 00's at the end until I get that the number of bytes is a multiple of 16(e.g. 1000000, 1000010, 10000A0 etc.) ... then I don't get that error anymore.

I'll try that if I get that error again. Sounds a lot easier then having to rehack everything haha.

Well the issue you're having is that expanding it to 0D000000 is waaaaaaaaaaay too big for FEditor to handle properly (unless Hex fixed it from the last time I glanced at the source). The issue might also come up if you're editing it in another program simultaneously.

Close down any alternate programs that might be modifying the ROM (nightmare, ZSE, EA, etc) before opening FEditor, always.