(FE4) The New 1st Gen Shin Patch draft!

Shin

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 4 players.

2. Sigurd, Deirdre and Sylvia are free to use.

3. Snake style draft. Nobody's silly enough, other than Rapier, to not get this!

4. The draft will be played for the span of the first generation with the Shin Patch, version 1.8, applied. Look at my sig to get it.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may only: Recruit characters, initiate Talk conversations and special events.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, giving Charisma bonuses, using the Give command, or participating in Lover/Sibling/Support criticals.

3. Other and Neutral units may do as they please without penalty.

4. Arena use is allowed and encouraged.

Penalties:

1. Non-holy weapon users (Noish, Ayra etc.) have a 3 turn penalty per unit per castle.

2. Holy weapon users (Levin, Shanan etc.) and Dancers have a 7 turn penalty per unit per castle. Example: Using Noish (if undrafted) en route to Jungby results in a 3 turn penalty. Once Sigurd seizes Jungby, you take another 3 turn penalty if you use Noish while en route to Evans.

3. Using the Give command is a special 12 turn penalty.

Exceptions:

1. Midir may be attacked after Jungby is captured. However, you may not use him for evil!

2. Briggid, Claude and Tiltyu are free to use in Chapter 3.

3. Dew may lower the bridge in Chapter 4 if undrafted. He may not perform any other disallowed actions without penalty.

Now, it'd be horribly unfair if I played too so I'm just hosting. Now, if you do choose to sign up, I expect you to actually play! I'm OK with slow updates but I know where you live! Plus, I hate to be a party pooper, if you've got a track record of never finishing/starting drafts, I might not be nice enough to let you in!

Test subjects

Horace: Cuan, Noish, Alec, Fury, Briggid

Darros: Azel, Lachesis, Dew, Tiltyu, Beowulf

Bobflac: Lex, Aideen, Midir, Levin, Ayra

Refa: Ethlin, Ardan, Fin, Claude, Holyn

Poor Jimjam is alone forever!

Edited by Dokutayuu

Do I have a track record of not finishing drafts? Because otherwise I'm in!

Although I may finish the levels normally on Shin Patch to get a feel of things before doing them in the draft.

1. Midir may be attacked after Jungby is captured. However, you may not use him for evil!

What. Does this mean he cannot do any actions on player phase other than move?

Edited by Darros

Welcome aboard! You're one of the good children ^^. Darros, that's right. It's just to save people having to get him out of trouble.

Edited by Dokutayuu

Well, I was leery of having this one be my first draft, but it looks like the other FE4 one is not going anywhere, so I will give this a shot. Plus it is only First Gen, what's the worst that could happen?

Oh hey! All of the Killer Axes are gone in this version! That is reassuring.

Edited by bobflac

So, since my team is finalized, i've decided to start. This will be horrible!

Sigurd - He'll still kill everything with no help! I know it! I know it! I know it!

Deirdre - Maybe she'll do something with Rezire! If she doesn't get OHKO'd!

Sylvia - dances and stuff

Cuan - Supports Sigurd, has actual avoid now.

Noish - Better skillz?

Alec - He has the one skill I don't know what it does!

Fury - If she hasn't really changed, her combat is going to suck!

Briggid - :D

Prologue - 14 turn clear!

Sigurd ran south, assisted later by Cuan, while Alec and Noish took care of the north, before converging near Alvis.

Sigurd ran across the bridge on turn 12, attacking the boss on turn 13, and finished on turn 14 (since he missed)

Noish is noticably better with Continue and an Alec support, and Alec's sword is nice! Cuan didn't really get to do much, although he did save the speed ring. Midir died as soon as he spawned more or less. I'm glad I didn't choose him!

a couple things that made me mad:

8QpvV.pngd6dPd.png

Sigurd had 2HP in the second picture.

stats after arena!

Edited by General Horace

Uh, she's not on the unit list, but I have her down as available, so...

Ayra.

Also, I guess that this is tradition.

Sigurd - Sigurd/Sigurd

Diadora - Another healer for a chapter

Lex - Hero axe, but how much help is he in the Prologue. (So far, not much)

Sylvia - ALmost forgot to put you down as free. Silly me.

Aideen - Thank goodness I got a healer.

Midir - Prologue and Long Bow support

Levin - Extra offense and Holsety support in chapter 5.

Ayra - More offense.

I do not know how exactly they perform in Shin Patch, much less than in LTC in Shin Patch, but we will see.

Started.

I probably should have tried LTC before this. Wow. Had a hard time getting to Jungby with just Sigurd and Lex. Had to take an Azel penalty because I messed up and he got attacked. Sigurd actually broke his Steel Sword. Lex guarded the castle then caught up with Sigurd.

22+3 +25

Edited by bobflac