Animation problems.

FalconVegeta1986

Alright, so this crazy thing I tried with battle animations seems to have backfired.

I recently picked up the battle animations for the halberdier and wyverns with axes, and inserted them into my game. The animations themselves are fine, however, there is one problem.

The units do not promote into the proper animations.

Allow me to explain. The wyverns with axes requires 5 animation slots in nightmare, one for lances, axes, disarmed, and then one for hand axes and tomahawks seperately. I have not figured out how to combine those two. But needless to say, the custom battle animator only has room for 4 animations. So my brilliant plan was to simply overwrite the female paladin animations, seeing as they have enough animation slots. So I inserted the axe wyvern as well as moved the lance wyvern over the female paladin. then, I inserted the halberdier animations where the lance wyvern used to be, and changed the promotion paths in nightmare accordingly.

No here's the problem. When the wyvern rider promotes, he becomes a male paladin, despite being set to promote into a female paladin, which once again, no animations exist for anymore. And the soldier promotes into a wyvern lord with the lance, which leads me to believe it somehow is promoting into a female paladin. I tried swapping the battle animation pointers for the classes, but all that did was cause the wyvern rider to promote into a halberdier, meaning it's accessing it's old data instead of what I have it set as.

So my question then, would be, what the hell am I missing? Why am I having problems if I simply overwrote old animations? Should I thank god I made a recent back-up?

Allow me to explain. The wyverns with axes requires 5 animation slots in nightmare, one for lances, axes, disarmed, and then one for hand axes and tomahawks seperately. I have not figured out how to combine those two. But needless to say, the custom battle animator only has room for 4 animations. So my brilliant plan was to simply overwrite the female paladin animations, seeing as they have enough animation slots. So I inserted the axe wyvern as well as moved the lance wyvern over the female paladin. then, I inserted the halberdier animations where the lance wyvern used to be, and changed the promotion paths in nightmare accordingly.

You also can make your own module to don't overwrite other data, that's realy helpful.

#Custom Animation Editor
#

*Insert Class Name* Custom Animation Editor
0x*Offset with empty space*
Custom Animation Editor.txt
NULL

+00 Weapon Type
NDHU
Animation Types.txt

+01 All weapons or a certain one?
NDDU
Weapon Animation Type.txt

+02 Animation Played
NDHU
Animation List.txt

+03 Separator (always zero)
NDDU
Always Zero.txt

+04 Weapon Type
NDHU
Animation Types.txt

+05 All weapons or a certain one?
NDDU

+06 Animation Played
NDHU
Animation List.txt

+07 Separator (always zero)
NDDU
Always Zero.txt

+08 Weapon Type
NDHU
Animation Types.txt

+09 All weapons or a certain one?
NDDU

+0A Animation Played
NDHU
Animation List.txt

+0B Separator (always zero)
NDDU
Always Zero.txt

+0C Weapon Type
NDHU
Animation Types.txt

+0D All weapons or a certain one?
NDDU

+0E Animation Played
NDHU
Animation List.txt

+0F Separator (always zero)
NDDU
Always Zero.txt

+10 Weapon Type
NDHU
Animation Types.txt

+11 All weapons or a certain one?
NDDU

+12 Animation Played
NDHU
Animation List.txt

+13 Separator (always zero)
NDDU
Always Zero.txt

+14 Weapon Type
NDHU
Animation Types.txt

+15 All weapons or a certain one?
NDDU

+16 Animation Played
NDHU
Animation List.txt

+17 Separator (always zero)
NDDU
Always Zero.txt

Then use that offset for battle animation pointer in the Class Editor Module.

For the promotion issue, did you change the "This Class Promote To"?

Or you are using a character slot that have a custom animation? (Like Isadora, Nino, Lucius, etc.)

Just do it in hex.

Also, the female paladin is a custom animation that Isadora is set to have. Give your character the "Isadora" custom animation and it'll work. But just do it in hex :/

Edited by Jubby

So, the problem is most likely linked to Isadora having a custom animation, so there has to be something i'm not looking at right.

Also, thanks for the suggestions, but i'm not yet at the level to make my own module, or fix this in hex. Unless it's super-easy not to screw up the hex.

I think i'm just gonna revert to my back-up and try them one at a time instead of trying to be cool and doing both at once. I'm going to start with the halberdier, overwrite athos and probably the dancer, tell the soldier to promote into athos' class, then use the custom animation pointer to point both of the animations to it. Shouldn't be a problem then.

As for the wyvern problem, i'll just make it so that whoever uses Isadoras character data starts as a wyvern, while still overwriting the female paladin animations with the wyvern animations, but not removing the originals. If i'm geting this right, Isadoras character should promote into the wyvern lord, since her as a soldier still promotes into a wyvern, since that's her new animations.

Surely, nothing can go wrong then, right? RIGHT?!

Plus, at this point, i'm sure I screwed something up.

So much effort...

You could just use Arch's "Custom animation module" (as in the ones that assigns it to character slots) and no--- wait...

Check your character module (the one we've always had). If you have a custom animation set for it (for character) like how Lucius has his set for his monk one unpromoted, and the specific bishop one for his promoted.... take it out.

It's that simple.

Basically go into character editor module

Choose character

Give them the "Isadora" animation under custom promoted animation.

Then they'll have the F paladin animation.

In hex you literally just take the hex bytes you see in the editor and put them in in HxD