Obligatory Yu-Gi-Oh! thread

Elieson

MTG's Better Just kidding, I have fun with this as well.

Your Username: Gone2Ground

Your Real Name: None of your goddamn business.

Favorite Series: 5D's (Shut up)

Favorite In-show Character: Yusei Fudo

Favorite Card (in all): Don Zaloog

Favorite Card (to use in your deck): Wind-Up Kitten

Least Favorite In-Show Character: Dartz

Least Favorite Card or Cards (to battle against): Any Blackwing

Your Main Deck's Theme (if any): Wind-Up

Highlight Card(s) in your Deck: Zenmaighty

Rarest Card(s) you own: Full set of Original Exodia.

Year Playing: Since it came out, and I got a Kaiba starter deck for my birthday.

Anything Else: Stopped playing for a bit after ZeXal came out, realized the Exceed creatures weren't as broken as the Synchro's were, came back.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I noticed that they've started to get more clear with their wording on some cards. They even use piercing as the term for damaging DEF-position monsters (AKA trample, though I would have called it crush.) I suppose it's one of those things that your opponent will call out if they feel it's unfair, or if a judge were to rule it. Actually, i'll make sure to ask next time for myself, and i'll get back to you.

Another thing that was kind of a myth in my own mind was put to rest as well. I expected to face a bunch of first or second turn losses, and constantly be up against monsters with 2000 or more ATK, but surprisingly, there were alot of people playing, as i'll put it, more sensibly. As I mentioned with the wind-up guy, he actually set-up a defense instead of going for easy damage when I was open, something that surprised me quite a bit. Heavy hitting monsters were also held until actually needed, instead of thrown out for quick high damage attacks.

So basically, i'm pretty happy to be back in the game, and i'm looking forward to competing every wednesday and sunday (funds permitting). And of course, imma shamelessly plug DN as a site I frequent now if you want to battle.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the effects are starting to look/sound like M:TG.

It's part of our evil plan to take over all other Card Games

Let me try that again-

Haha we've got a better ruleset

DAMMIT! Uh...

We've been around longer-

Nope...

Manga's Duel Monsters intro was a tribute to us?

Nope...

Ah, to hell with it. Trample's just our way of saying Piercing. I'm glad to be back in it as well (Must look up this 'Dueling Network' of which you speak...Sounds like Cockatrice, but for YGO...)

If Stardust Dragon is summoned by the effect of Starlight Road you can't use its effect to summon it from the Graveyard. You HAVE to Synchro Summon it in order to so. (⌐■_■)

*looks it up*

...Holy Hell, you're right...

Edited by Crashman_Alpha

*looks it up*

...Holy Hell, you're right...

Just did myself. I didn't know they had a wiki for card rulings. My mistake.

Apparently, you can't use Call of the Haunted on it either.

*bookmarks yugioh wiki*

I always hated Stardust Dragon.

And he's always hated you.

Edited by FalconVegeta1986

And he's always hated you.

Why yes, yes he does. If a piece of cardboard could hate someone, I think he's close behind Jace the Money Stealer from MTG in terms of 'I hate this guy' when I play against him.

Easy way to make me converge ALL MY POWER is to put one down. I hate counters.

So I need some HYAAAAAALP~!!! on my Zombie Deck

Il Blud x2

Krebons x2

Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon

Thunder King Rai-Oh x2

Shutendoji

Pyramid Turtle x3

Marshmallon

Necroface

Effect Veiler

Zombie Master x2

Spirit Reaper

Mezuki

Vampire Lord

-----

Foolish Burial

Emergency Teleport

Monster Reborn

Smashing Ground x2

MST x2

Dark Hole

Call of the Mummy

Heavy Storm

Book of Life

Zombie World x2

-----

Sakuretsu Armor x3

Dark Bribe x2

Torrential Tribute

Divine Wrath

Mirror Force

Any advice, what I should take out / put in?

Ah.

Can anyone give me any advice on a Gusto deck?

I'm thinking of using a "night" build.

Night Gusto

This build combines Gusto monsters along with some staple DARK monsters to Summon "Dark Simorgh". While Gusto recruiters load the WIND monster in the Graveyard, cards like "D.D. Crow", "Tragoedia", "Armageddon Knight"/"Dark Grepher", "Destiny Hero - Malicious" can help set up Synchro Summoning and load the Graveyard with DARK monsters for Dark Simorgh's Summoning. Alternatively, a player can combine Gustos with Blackwings, but it is advised that the player not use "Dark Armed Dragon" as it often becomes a dead draw.

I got 3 questions regarding the rulings for the six samurai (if anyone is still reading this topic), that i can't seem to find exact rulings on.

1. if you use mizuho's effect to tribute shinai, can you destroy that mizuho, and then bring it back to your hand using shinai's effect?

2. when great shogun shien says your opponent can only activate one spell or trap per turn, does that count using the effects of cards that only activate an effect when you tell them to, such as gateway, or are those cards considered activated when played to the field?

3. in regards to gateway, is removing the counters everytime you activate one of it's effects considered a cost, or does cost in general only refer to the initial activation of a cost and not any effects afterwards (can also be referring to mizuho's tributing effect)?

1:

By using this card with "Hand of the Six Samurai", "Legendary Six Samurai - Mizuho", "Gateway of the Six" and either "Grandmaster of the Six Samurai" or "Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan", it is possible to destroy as many monsters as you want. First have "Hand of the Six Samurai" and "Legendary Six Samurai - Mizuho" on your side of the field, as well as having Gateway active. Special summon Kizan/Grandmaster and tribute him for either Hand or Mizuho's effect. Then you can special summon Shinai with his effect and tribute him with Hand/Mizuho's effect, then use his effect to get Kizan/Grandmaster back, summon and tribute Kizan/Grandmaster, then use Gateway (which will have four counters at this point) to get Shinai back. If Kizan/Grandmaster is already in your graveyard you can just tribute Shinai first to start the cycle. Repeat the process as long as you see fit. Keep in mind with this combo that you can only activate Mizuho's effect once per turn.

So yes, you will.

2:

The second effect of this card only restricts the activation of new cards. It does not restrict the number of times that the effects of face-up Continuous Spell and Trap Cards can be used.

3:

The YuGiOh wiki didn't have any info on it, but I'd say that yes, removing counters IS a cost.

Just throwing some ideas out there.

http://i.imgur.com/jjm4j.jpg

I know Zombies can abuse Blue-Blooded Oni pretty well for Xyz spam and junk. Yeah...

Solidarity is junk. With such a high amount of removal in today's meta with 3x MST and Heavy Storm, it will likely have troubles staying on the field. Additionally, it limits his Extra Deck choices. He definitely needs Brionac because clearing the field and feeding the grave is excellent and the Rank 4 Xyz monsters aren't going to fall under Zombie either.

Naturally, I'm making the assumption that this if for Dueling Network, as much of that Extra deck is rather expensive. Regardless, I agree on Il Blud, it's far too slow to put onto the field and then activate.

Creature Swap is an excellent card in a Zombie World deck, since you can easily swap a Pyramid Turtle and ram into it for the Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon, stealing a monster in the process. Also Mind Control is basically a staple if the Extra deck is going to be of any significant size.

Solidarity is junk. With such a high amount of removal in today's meta with 3x MST and Heavy Storm, it will likely have troubles staying on the field. Additionally, it limits his Extra Deck choices. He definitely needs Brionac because clearing the field and feeding the grave is excellent and the Rank 4 Xyz monsters aren't going to fall under Zombie either.

Thanks to this handy thing called Zombie world brionac, lv 4 xyz and such ARE zombies :smug:

Edited by Shoptimus Prime

Thanks to this handy thing called Zombie world brionac, lv 4 xyz and such ARE zombies :smug:

Oh crap. LOL. Somehow that entirely slipped my mind, even though I had been considering the fact that Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon will be able to steal stuff with it. Thanks for pointing that out.

But still, all they need to do is MST away the Zombie World and the Solidarity could die if you've gone into the extra deck at all.

I'm honestly not a huge fan of the Zombie World builds because of the reliance on the field spell, however, it is very fun to actually play.

No, whether or not Solidarity works is based off the original printed type of the monsters that are in the graveyard, so even if Zombie World was on the field, Solidarity wouldn't work if Brio or Utopia ended up there.

Building a wetlands/direct attack deck w/ legendary ocean and gravity bind and heart of clear water in there for protection.

My question is, is this a worthwhile prospect, or just a lame dream of a gimmick deck.

Deck list later.

Edited by Elieson

I thought few people here used Dueling Network, seems I was wrong (or maybe gone for a long time...).

Anyways, my deck got hurt with the banlist, I've been recommended Junk Doppel, has anyone tested it and has any suggestions?

In a side note, a new deck apparently is coming, something to do with Sea Serpents, more Water support it seems.

I thought few people here used Dueling Network, seems I was wrong (or maybe gone for a long time...).

Anyways, my deck got hurt with the banlist, I've been recommended Junk Doppel, has anyone tested it and has any suggestions?

In a side note, a new deck apparently is coming, something to do with Sea Serpents, more Water support it seems.

Hot damn, then my prototype Legendary Ocean prime deck will be even better, what with Spined Gillman and Deep Sea Diva.

And edit. I use DN, just rarely. Zak lives there though.

Edited by Elieson