"Good job, you have passed your driver's ed!"

Nestling

I took drivers ed when I was 15 to get my license at 16. I'm 18 and still don't have a license, which means drivers ed was completely pointless. That's 400 bucks down the toilet :(

I took drivers ed when I was 15 to get my license at 16. I'm 18 and still don't have a license, which means drivers ed was completely pointless. That's 400 bucks down the toilet :(

insurance discount for life. And you paid 400? yeowch

For both part 1 and 2 yeah. It's kinda expensive where I live :/

Well, texas require[d] 36 hours classroom instruction, passing a written test to get a permit, and 14 hours parent taught behind the wheel driving. it could be done at home. but the place I went to only had $150 for the class hours. and we didn't have to take a behind the wheel test. law changed right after I got mine tho. snuck out without having to have a driving test. laugh.gif

In Michigan, you have to do a bunch of classes (can't remember how many hours but it felt like an eternity lol), drive with the instructors, drive an extra 50 hours behind the wheel (to get your license though), take a written test and a drivers test. So much work to do something fairly simple.

In Michigan, you have to do a bunch of classes (can't remember how many hours but it felt like an eternity lol), drive with the instructors, drive an extra 50 hours behind the wheel (to get your license though), take a written test and a drivers test. So much work to do something fairly simple.

Michigan? I guess they want to make sure you don't crash the cars they worked so hard on in detroit.

I suppose that means you have the crazy accent too.

My school required the students to take driver's ed. to graduate. I took it and health over summer school when I was ... 16 or so. I took my permit test at 18, but it expired because I went to college. I retook my permit test after I graduated from college, then took my driver's test twice before I passed it. At 21. Apparently my insurance price is pretty low compared to some other people I know. :\ Unless you absolutely need to drive, it's best to wait until you're older to take driver's tests.

Unless you absolutely need to drive, it's best to wait until you're older to take driver's tests.

I agree entirely. Since I live in a richer area, people only got their licenses at 16 to "be cool" and try out their nice BMWs and Audis that their parents got them for their sweet 16. In reality, they had no need for it, because they only drove their cars to school (again, just to "be cool"). I took advantage of this though, and used my many friendships with people to get free rides everywhere. Always use the system to your advantage haha.