So I just Dodged a Critical Hit

Elieson

Proof that I have an ounce of Critical-Evade.

Many of you might know, that I'm a husband and father of 2, and sorta in debt. Well, my car payment celebrated it's 99 day overdue-ness, and to celebrate it with me was the Repossession Investigator Chief "Ricardo Rodriguez" (Yea, I know. I chuckled a bit too on the inside until he declared where he was from)

Well, he's here for my Nissan. My wife has our Nissan, at her new job, approximately 200 miles from our home (in Austin, TX), but he wasn't too keen on accepting that. After demanding to search my [cluttered with crap and too stuffed to hold a car] garage, he demanded I call her, and try to locate her job, since it's apparently "fishy" that I don't know the exact address of my wife's brand new job. He didn't believe me, and went to his truck to call his partner for some advice on the situation. I, while he made this call, contacted NMAC (Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation), and spoke with a director, who told me that if I managed to pay, in full, the amount of $1321.76 (that's 4 payment's worth) within 2 hours, they would call off the reposession.

He comes banging back on my door, I explain the phone call to him, he says "Look kid, I don't know if you get it, but you've caused a felony by not paying your car note and hiding it on me". 15 minutes later, he calls his partner again, comes back to my door, and tells me that "I'm getting a 1 time, once in a lifetime, pass, because he has several other repossessions to hit up, and driving to Austin to search for a car will take him too much time for today."

"Go Now" he says, "if it isn't reported to NMAC that it's paid for and reported to me by tomorrow, I'm posting a report and having your house monitored by police surveillance until I get the car."

Sweet. One chance. Don't fucking blow it Eli!

I gather up my things, because I'm already late for work as it is, and rush to the bank to deposit 250$ check and 550$ cash into my account with $600, giving me just enough to cover the total. I deposit the deposit, go to Wal-Mart to use their "Money-Gram Instant Payment" thing, because it instantly pays and makes it show up at the business you're paying it, for a $10 fee. I make the swipe after filling out the info, and....fuck you computer. "Banned by Tender" shows up. They try again. Same message. Once more, and again, same message.

So I run to Chase Bank, and ask "wtf". My check's $worth hasn';t become available yet, but i complained and they returned to me my check, so I could cash it, and deposit the cash.

Trip to Wal-Mart #2. I try it again, and 2 swipes each yield a "Proccessing Error #12". Wtf again? So back to Chase I go.

As I pull into the parking lot of Chase (mind you, it's 15 minutes away from Wal-Mart), Chase Banking Security calls me with a "fraudulent activity alert" and had shut my card off temporarily. I squandered that, and returned to Wal-Mart for attempt #3.

Attempt #3 somehow results in me causing each of the 3 customer service rep computers to be forcibly restarted. IT FINALLY WORKED OUT

I call Nissan with the confirmation number and they call off the reposession. Thank. Freaking. God. It's over.

I got to work only 3 hours late...the whole process from the knock on the door from my large Mexican guest to me confirming with Nissan took 2:47.

That's been my day, so far. Now I'm taking a quick lunch break, and sharing my experiences with you, the world, so that you may look at your lives and think "Hmm, at least it's not as crappy as Eli's is today".

*Tips hat with confidence* On to the next bill!

Edited by Elieson

Man, and I thought I had really bad days...

That was a close call. But I agree with Helios. That guy was an ass. At least you handled that well than most people would have. Good luck to ya with the future.

Edited by Magnus Blade

It was quite a unique experience.

I had my phone (thus, my phoneternet) shut off last week for lateness...its all caught up now. Water last month, same. It's a trial, but optimism and persistence seem to finally be working in my favor!

I'm about to lose my job, trying pretty damn hard to find another one and on top of that I'm moving in May.

Financially I just don't want to go into my savings yet, and I'll be honest with you saying that having two kids on your charge costs a lot more money than being single and loving it.

Not quite as bad as you, but there's better.