New 6 min video

Velth

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually do care if it was 1% or 2% crit that made me rage quit

Then calculate that, for the few enemies you can't check with automatic battle calculations. If you're that worried about a crit, you should be finding it out before they even attack you the first time.

It's also worth noting that the automatic calculations are only relevant for one character, especially ones that precise.

The problem is it's not shown when it could have easily (and was) shown.

battlestatsf.png

Seems like it also has ways to speed it up from there, so you can have the fast battle while still seeing the stats. So where exactly is this problem?

Seems like it also has ways to speed it up from there, so you can have the fast battle while still seeing the stats. So where exactly is this problem?

Finding new and unique ways to complain about things is a pastime of the internet.

battlestatsf.png

I think people are forgetting that there's a second screen with all the info. It doesn't show up much in screens/videos, after all.

I also forgot there seems to be a way to speed up the battles, I think.

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus

Looking forward to using the Fast forward button. I'd take a guess at the functions of the others, but for the most part they should be pretty obvious. The left three are for camera control while the others are battle speed related. "Skip to end", "Play/Pause", and "Fast Forward" respectively I'd call it.

Seems like a great idea, but I suppose not everyone is a fan of change.

Seems to me that if anyone wants to complain about things, they'll have to look elsewhere. I'll be impressed if anyone can come up with any legitimate complaints about this.

conversation reply--against FE9 scenes

the reason I found FE9's Maniac Mode a pain in the ass because I can't see the calculations even during animation. Seeing that information helps you plan your moves if you know how you stack up against certain enemies.

Perhaps you should look in the right game in order to see the problem.

The only time you'd possibly learn something you wouldn't otherwise is if you're taking a siege attack from a far away enemy in a fog map, so you can't even see their stat box. If the enemy is visible
And if they aren't visible?

Especially if they miss, then you don't know their damage output or hit rate

If the enemy is not visible, then they are a far away enemy in a fog map using a siege weapon, as I said. Not the most common thing to see. I don't recall any one FE game having even five such enemies total.

Let alone when enemy units appear during their turn and move at the same time--the player has no chance to see what it is they're facing until after the enemy has already moved all their units.

Let alone when enemy units appear during their turn and move at the same time--the player has no chance to see what it is they're facing until after the enemy has already moved all their units.

Remind me again why you would possibly need to know any information before your turn starts?

Well, the first problem is you're assuming I'm arguing for a need. You shouldn't expect me to "remind you" on something I never said--your should unthumb yourself, pretty please.

Secondly,

And that comes before or after a turn in which your mindset can become distracted. It's easier for the player to be notified of the enemies he's facing while he's facing them, as he can make decisions as events come along. Trying to do things irrelevant to the enemies puts a more forceful element of surprise into the mix--one which is pretty much unnecessary.

thirdly, why the fuck are you really posting every other post in this section of the game. You're reminding me dangerously of that MasterKnight_DH guy. the fucking bonkers one

Wait. Isn't the entire point of this to throw off your plans? It's a facet of strategy that you have to plan for things that you aren't certain will happen. Knowing the strength of the enemy reinforcements that you didn't expect to come seems kind of, you know, detrimental to the point.

In the end, I'm not trying to change your mind, just understand your viewpoint, Celice.

You could just as easily say the stats in battle are shown because the unit is directly ascertaining their skill the moment, you know, they're actually engaging with the enemy--unlike magically gauging an enemy unit's strength several hundred meters away from you.

My viewpoint is the same as TF's--it was an annoying thing to leave out after it's been in the series since the very beginning. Though I understand the likely reason it was removed (late in development, mind you), it doesn't make any less annoying to see pop up.

In the vast majority of games these enemies can be made visible pretty easily though. FE7, FE8 have the torch staff which has a minimum range is 5, FE5's torch staff gives a unit 10 range vision and everyone who uses it can easily be rescued. FE9 and FE10 donn't have any long range enemies characters in Fog of War chapters. In FE12 the only FoW maps are pretty short chapters.

So you can see the enemies battle stats unless you weren't prepared.

Edited by arvilino

You could just as easily say the stats in battle are shown because the unit is directly ascertaining their skill the moment, you know, they're actually engaging with the enemy--unlike magically gauging an enemy unit's strength several hundred meters away from you.

My viewpoint is the same as TF's--it was an annoying thing to leave out after it's been in the series since the very beginning. Though I understand the likely reason it was removed (late in development, mind you), it doesn't make any less annoying to see pop up.

I see. I can understand where you're coming from. I suppose it never bothered me that much personally. I'm not going to worry about that specific aspect of it too much myself.

Judging by bucket heads EXP gain around 2:30, I doubt he's a trainee, interesting.

SOLDIERS RETURNS!

His class is Villager, which has base stats of 0 in all core stats. He also gained 37 Exp as a LV5 unit against a random Ch2 enemy, when other characters are LV1-2 - the enemy was certainly not high leveled enough for a LV5 Tier 1 unit to get that much Exp from the kill. He's a trainee.

However, based on the screenshot showing him fighting Frederick, he most likely has Soldier --> Halberdier as a promotion option.

Edited by Othin

As usual, I'm wrong.

**** I hate trainees. (Almost as much as their fanbase)

I think trainees are very poorly set up. Since they're growth units, you'd expect them to have better growths, but they actually have the some of the shittiest growths in SS and they don't even end up better than their non-trainee counterparts at max level. But Donny might be better implemented, since the magazine said something about potential and with that tidbit Othin pointed out, it's likely that he'll have an easier time than the trainees and he gets to have his first class selection without using up a change crest, so there is some perk to him.

I dislike trainees as well, but maybe this Donny guy is actually worth using. We'll have to wait until the actual game is release to see, however, but hopefully they did a better job at it.