//wants Paladin Ayra 9 move fuck yeah

Edited by Luminescent Blade

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nono.png

Nono here's the loli Manakete.

A loli manakete who can reclass into a mage girl.

What's your opinion about this, Vincent

(Also, the fact even manaketes can reclass makes me believe Krom and MU might be able to shift into common classes as well.)

(Also, the fact even manaketes can reclass makes me believe Krom and MU might be able to shift into common classes as well.)

i can see MU reclassing but krom? it sort of defeats the purpose of being a lord doesn't it?

i can see MU reclassing but krom? it sort of defeats the purpose of being a lord doesn't it?

How so? Radiant Dawn (and Gaiden) didn't even have Lords anyway.

Edited by TheEnd

How so? Radiant Dawn (and Gaiden) didn't even have Lords anyway.

In fire emblem being a lord means not only that you're the main character but also you are the heir to a throne or do something akin to court duties

In Radiant Dawn none of the core main characters(Ike,Micaiah) is a noble and elincia's class is queen which is a higher honorific than lord

Can't comment on Gaiden as i've never played it

Edited by Velth

Hate nit-pickings, but those aren't scans from ChinaFE, but Japanese fans(?) who managed to sneak a peak at the magazine before it hits the shelves, hence the snippets. Malas from ChinaFE has been buying the magazine on Thursday and uploading the full pages.

Well, I was over at ChinaFE earlier and saw the same scans, though after you posted them (I like reading the Chinese discussions too :P) and they were in a thread there, as well. Might be the same person, though? The person who posted it has katakana in their username.

Except there was another scan that shows Ayra in battle.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Well, I was over at ChinaFE earlier and saw the same scans, though after you posted them (I like reading the Chinese discussions too :P) and they were in a thread there, as well. Might be the same person, though? The person who posted it has katakana in their username.

We've only been seeing some poor snippets from the last few updates. Hopefully, we'll see good quality scans this time. Need to see Ayra in action.

Oh yeah, they did. I think they just happen to be using the same source I am (aka 2ch and Japanese blogs).

Full page scans don't generally appear until Thursday--by then, there's usually at least one kind individual who'll grab them for us. I think we got lucky once though and got full pages on a Wednesday (7th March).

And don't forget to lurk the official site tomorrow.

And don't forget to lurk the official site tomorrow.

Oh? Are we expecting an update tomorrow then? I've got eff all going on Thursday, so I'll volunteer for this.

+4 defense and magic to up for 4 units every turn seems absolutely ridiculous. What "stronger skills" are you referring to? Because none come to mind.

FE10 Night Tide, which gave +5DEF/RES and also didn't require you to use a command. And yet Kurthnaga is useless trash. Or Charisma, which gives a solid avoid bonus that's arguably just as potent as +4DEF, but for everyone in 3 spaces and all the time rather than activated. Or supports, in any game. It might be that this game is set up so that this skill will actually be useful, but it seems rather a stretch to call it broken or ridiculous.

Now, if there were a Strength Cry or a Speed Cry, that would be good.

FE10 Night Tide, which gave +5DEF/RES and also didn't require you to use a command. And yet Kurthnaga is useless trash. Or Charisma, which gives a solid avoid bonus that's arguably just as potent as +4DEF, but for everyone in 3 spaces and all the time rather than activated. Or supports, in any game. It might be that this game is set up so that this skill will actually be useful, but it seems rather a stretch to call it broken or ridiculous.

Now, if there were a Strength Cry or a Speed Cry, that would be good.

I was never big on FE10, so I'll take your word on it. As for Strength Cry... yeah, that's in the game apparently.

Defense Cry and Magic Cry don't seem that useful to me, given that stronger skills have existed in the past without even being particularly good, let alone broken.

Magic Cry looks solid, having a wide radius. It stands as a good demonstration of how a skill should look. Odd that Defense Cry would only work on adjacent units, though: one sixth of the number of tiles. This sounds like a mistake.

If Defense Cry's description is accurate, however, it's awful.

Let's face it: if skills weren't going to make a difference, there would be little point in adding them. The whole "collect skills to make your favorite characters stronger" thing would be pointless, too.

And since we're talking about skills.

I noticed Astra's animation is simply a normal attack -> pursuit -> normal attack -> pursuit -> normal attack routine. Perhaps critical and skill activation during it is going to be possible.

And reclassing is probably going to allow Astra/Lethality, as Myrmidons change into Swordmasters and Assassins.

How's that for overkill, guys

Astra's reversion to normal animations does make it seem likely that the individual attacks will be able to activate critical hits and any other effects like any other attack

However, I highly doubt that masteries like Astra can be carried over, if any skills at all can.

"Sword Slayer - Hit and Avoid +50 when equipped with a sword. - Dragonmaster"

Holy shit that's a lot!

When fighting an enemy with a sword, not when equipped with a sword. It's almost certain that Dragon Masters won't be able to use swords in this game regardless: they haven't had them in the past four games, and they're still specializing in axes, making it likely that they'll gain lances as their secondary weapon to fit the lance/axe setup they've been having since FE9 instead rather than starting now with swords/axes.

Swordslayer sounds like the "Dodge X" skills in Berwick Saga, only with a huge hit bonus as well. Sounds interesting.

+4 defense and magic to up for 4 units every turn seems absolutely ridiculous. What "stronger skills" are you referring to? Because none come to mind.

It's a small bonus for a few units every turn you decide to not have your Sage or General do anything else. +4 in one stat isn't anywhere near game-breaking. It's a substantial bonus, yes. Skills should matter; they should be a primary consideration during gameplay. So where's the problem?

Defense Cry in particular seems very difficult to use, if the current description is correct. Generals have enough problems with mobility, so you'd need a few characters to happen to be in the right position and actually care about the bonus. You could specifically move them to set it up; it was often worth it for Dancers that could refresh four units, but +4 Def is a tiny bonus in comparison and is unlikely to be worth changing their movements in such a way.

On the other hand, if it really does have a radius of three tiles instead of one, then it sounds more useful. Not game-breaking, but it sounds like a solid reason to use Generals. Source: Maiden's Defense

Seems like an odd notion that Soiree might be able to turn into a Swordmaster and learn Astra, then change back to her original class tree and use it as a Great Knight. Of course, one could call that a reason why it uses regular animations.

What seems even more bizarre is the prospect of Callum learning Lethality as an Assassin, then using it as a General or Battle Monk. Or Lockpick: it seems hard to imagine that skills like that would carry over.

Carrying over some skills could have interesting potential for building up characters, but carrying over all of them would just be too much. I'm sure they have some limits.

Gurego. Grego/Gregor.

I found that out that there was Nony from Fire Emblem Wiki said about his name in the media page on SF.net was totally incorrect. I was just making sure if I got that right.

Edited by King Marth 64

I found that out that there was Nony from Fire Emblem Wiki said about his name in the media page on SF.net was totally incorrect. I was just making sure if I got that right.

Vincent mistook a グ for a ダ, it seems. He does that sometimes, since he doesn't know much kana. And that's why he abuses me so much