FE Advance problems..

Spectre13

Hi.. I'm a new guy here and for fire emblem hacking.. after browsing for awhile and try it myself i become attached to fire emblem hacking..and I LOVE IT!!

but I got a small problems when i inserted my custom battle animation.. it said "Runtime Exception OAM data overflow!" when i want to save the file..

Can Anyone help me?? I already try many things from recreate the frames and the script, but it doesn't work..

post-4728-050453000 1333441787_thumb.png

what is fe advance

i know what feditor advance is

i've never heard of fe advance, unless you mean fe4 advance

Cam be trollin.

Translation: "Please make sure you get the right names of programs when asking for help. It leads to confusion if you don't."

But yeah...

Animation is too big/too many frames.

That is your answer.

The only way to circumvent it, AT YOUR OWN RISK, is to use a REALLLLLLY old version of FEditor.

ehh.. guys i have one more problems... when i try to make another custom flying class(pegasus,etc) battle animation, the text that said " OAM data overflow!" keep getting re-appear..

but it only happen when i make a flying class battle animation.. sad.gif

It doesn't appear when i make a ground class (soldier,etc) battle animations...

I already did what L95 (who greatly helped me with his info) suggest.. but it still don't work..

can anyone help?

ehh.. guys i have one more problems... when i try to make another custom flying class(pegasus,etc) battle animation, the text that said " OAM data overflow!" keep getting re-appear..

but it only happen when i make a flying class battle animation.. sad.gif

It doesn't appear when i make a ground class (soldier,etc) battle animations...

I already did what L95 (who greatly helped me with his info) suggest.. but it still don't work..

can anyone help?

Animation is too big/too many frames.

Old FEditor is your only option in that case.

Okay.. I'll try it..

thanks for the advice....laugh.gif

That being this:

Click

Backup your ROM.

Open it with the Ancient FEditor. Then open up THAT ROM with the newer FEditor, and then save the animation. Then load THAT into your original ROM with the new FEditor.

I've been googling for awhile.. searching for the Old FEditor..... but all

of it refers to FEditor Advance made by Xeld....

by Old FEditor do you mean the older version of the FEditor Adv made by Xeld??

or another FEditor made by someone else..??

I've been googling for awhile.. searching for the Old FEditor..... but all

of it refers to FEditor Advance made by Xeld....

by Old FEditor do you mean the older version of the FEditor Adv made by Xeld??

or another FEditor made by someone else..??

... at least you take initiative by googling it. XD

However... you need to look around a bit more.

That being this:

Click

I'm sorry... my mistakes..XD.gif

i tried using your advice.. but it didn't work out...

i've waited for a half hour for the old FEditor to finish reading the script.. and it's not done yet.. even now.

i also confused from the first place... my battle animation only have 22 frames... but it says "OAM data overflow"

i got the sprite sheet from FEPlanet. and it only happens to flying unit.. not the ground unit..

did anyone solve my problem yet.. ?

it's already three times i remake the frames and it still won't work...

i really appreciate any help you can offer...

my hack already in the final phase.. the only problem is the pegasus knight animations..

did anyone solve my problem yet.. ?

it's already three times i remake the frames and it still won't work...

i really appreciate any help you can offer...

my hack already in the final phase.. the only problem is the pegasus knight animations..

i tried using your advice.. but it didn't work out...

i've waited for a half hour for the old FEditor to finish reading the script.. and it's not done yet.. even now.

i also confused from the first place... my battle animation only have 22 frames... but it says "OAM data overflow"

i got the sprite sheet from FEPlanet. and it only happens to flying unit.. not the ground unit..

We don't need to "figure out your problem". It's right there in the quote. Falcoknight animations tend to take up a lot of tiles... causing the OAM data overflow.

You're kinda S-C-R-E-W-E-D unless you use old Feditor. It was the same way with the "Black Beauty" Falcoknight I scripted for The Blind Archer for FEE3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1lfS5j_12U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gChGKA20A1o

However, what I FORGOT to mention is that old FEditor freezes when something is wrong with your script. As in you're going to have to troubleshoot it yourself.

Try deleting certain portions, and see if it freezes again. You have to figure out what line is causing it. Looking at what "Mode" it freezes on also helps narrow down the problem line numbers in the script.

If you want his package, go ask him.

Edited by shadowofchaos

We don't need to "figure out your problem". It's right there in the quote.

Of course no one needs to. But when two people ask for his files, I can see where he might expect them to, you know, reply after he shows the files.

"you're screwed"

I don't know how feditor (or 'fe advance' as you say) processes OAM data but I know that in general you need to keep remaking the damn thing until it works.

And I mean remake it from scratch. Like seriously.