There is a bunny in my yard

Rehab

My big-ish outdoorsy hunter cat was found pinning a really young, small bunny down in our front yard, in what probably would have been the catch of his career. He's been chased off, and the bunny has since righted itself, so we don't really think it's dead, but it has refused to move at all for over an hour. We're wondering if it's in shock, and if we should take it to a wildlife center, assuming it allows itself to be placed into, uh, a shoebox or something.

VfkAk.jpg

Would any of you dudes, by chance, have any experience or general knowledge as to what do I do oh my god

you must be pretty fucking chill about this to find just the right humorous image macro for the situation

Haha, well, in my defense, the bunny wasn't bleeding profusely or something, s/he was just sitting as hunched up as they could possibly be, and refused to move when approached. It could have been a lot more grim if my cat had more time with it, which I was kind of worried about since my cat may or may not have bitten the heads off chipmunks before x{

Thankfully, the whole operation was kind of unnecessary, because the bunny finally decided "fuck this" when s/he was about to be placed in a shoebox and ran off into the bushes. Still going to keep the cat inside for a bit, though.

I would like to know if any of you guys have experience with this kind of thing, though.

There's these wierd mini-rabbit things my cat keeps bringing us. They squeek really, really loud. And they're as big as him. He's dragging them by the neck.

We tend to pick up the cat, if the rabbit-thing doesn't move pick him up and take it back to the foresty-bit, then keep cat inside for the next few hours.

Haha, well, in my defense, the bunny wasn't bleeding profusely or something, s/he was just sitting as hunched up as they could possibly be, and refused to move when approached. It could have been a lot more grim if my cat had more time with it, which I was kind of worried about since my cat may or may not have bitten the heads off chipmunks before x{

Thankfully, the whole operation was kind of unnecessary, because the bunny finally decided "fuck this" when s/he was about to be placed in a shoebox and ran off into the bushes. Still going to keep the cat inside for a bit, though.

I would like to know if any of you guys have experience with this kind of thing, though.

Dog was out and he happened to scare a small bunny one day (he barks and chases intruders, but never attacks); anyways, the bunny ran off and fell down a small hole in the backyard near the house about 2-3 feet deep. We found him about a couple hours later stuck down there, but when we got him out and tried to let him go free, he just layed there on the ground. We got him in a shoe box, placed some grass on the bottom and some water nearby, but never called anybody to help it mainly because he looked beyond help.

He died about half an hour later; we buried him behind the fence underneath some trees.