promotion item editing

whase

Can anyone help me with this, or send me a link to a tutorial on this? I can't seem to find anything myself.

I want to change the classes certain items promote in FE8. like using a guiding ring to promote a mogall to arch mogall.

I would like to this this with nightmare. I bet it's done with the "FE8 custom promotion pointer editor" or the "FE8 promotion item editor", but I can't seem to find out how they work...

Can anyone help me with this, or send me a link to a tutorial on this? I can't seem to find anything myself.

I want to change the classes certain items promote in FE8. like using a guiding ring to promote a mogall to arch mogall.

I would like to this this with nightmare. I bet it's done with the "FE8 custom promotion pointer editor" or the "FE8 promotion item editor", but I can't seem to find out how they work...

I think you set the classes in one of the custom sets in the custom editor to the classes you want with the Custom Promotion Pointer Editor, and then go into the Promotion Item editor and repoint the Guiding Ring's set to the new set.

the problem is, no code in the 1 module seems to be the same as a code of the second...

if you're using the right modules there should be absolutely no code there

what kind of retarded programmer puts code in the middle of an array anyway

if you're using the right modules there should be absolutely no code there

what kind of retarded programmer puts code in the middle of an array anyway

I mean those hexadecimal codes, pointing to the items and stuff.

I mean those hexadecimal codes, pointing to the items and stuff.

what the fuck is a "hexadecimal code"

i know what a hex NUMBER is but i've never heard of a hex CODE

that's not code that's data

get your terminology straight i swear i had to physically restrain myself from adding a "fucking" into that line

---

Also, Venusaur got it exactly right. Sometimes you need to just experiment. Especially when the answer is right there.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Somehow it's not working for me. In the game, the game lags a bit and the promotion item becomes grayed out.

I followed exactly how to do from Venusaur, too.

Edited by BlueTetri619

You either DID mess something up (make sure to set all other "Classes" to 00 and to not mess up the Separators. Also, check if you wrote the pointer correctly. Don't Forget the 8 and check if you maybe put an D instaed of an E or something,), or your ROM is screwed.