My Sprites

Rafael

That's really bad and chunky. There's honestly nothing I can say to fix that; you just shouldn't be doing full custom sprites yet :<

Go and try to splice together a Krom sprite, and then once you've actually spliced one, you can try to add on full custom elements. You're really not at the level to do one from scratch.

Edited by seph1212

You should listen to seph, Full Customs take skill and once you are at that point you won't need large amounts of help. Most people on these forums are not going to help you with full customs. Splicing is alot easier for a beginner.

You didn't fix much of anything, and I don't do battle sprites, so I can't say.

Most people on these forums are not going to help you with full customs. Splicing is alot easier for a beginner.

Now, that's not necessarily true. We'll help someone if they show that they're willing to learn from the bottom up, and are showing progression in their ability to sprite. We just won't spend time helping people who want to jump into the most difficult stuff right away.

Rafael, if you start splicing, and actually learn how to sprite properly, then people will probably help you. Jumping into FCing isn't the way to do it.

Edited by seph1212

Now, that's not necessarily true. We'll help someone if they show that they're willing to learn from the bottom up, and are showing progression in their ability to sprite. We just won't spend time helping people who want to jump into the most difficult stuff right away.

That's what I kinda meant to say I don't think things through before I speak/post things.

Full Custom is pretty much the same as splicing, it takes almost the same skillsets. Just Full Custom relies more on you being good at drawing in general, along with anatomy and such where as with splicing it's not so demanding due to what is essentially endless resource and templates.

In all honesty, you can come in here and know nothing of FE spriting yet pick up on FC'ing within a few months, it just requires you to be a little more creative, and it's more time consuming.

However, splicing I suggest is an important basic to make sure you get the basics of FE spriting down pat first, eventually you get the nack for facial shapes, hair shading, clothing and bodies, etc.

• 1 month later...

Well, it isn't entirely awful.

...from a distance.

ykMr.png

Hair - wtf is going on in these parts

Face - Shading, son, shading. Blend shit out more.

Body - Shading, son, shading. Why the flip does everything look so awkward. his shoulders are tinyfucks.

Clothing - Shading, son, shading. Pillow + wtf trim + he needs to iron that shit out.

Jellyfish I think that you need to be more constructive in your criticism, you're being far too harsh.

Though that is to say, Rafael, I do agree with him that the things he mentioned need work, but it's a vast improvement over your other works!

That's really bad and chunky. There's honestly nothing I can say to fix that; you just shouldn't be doing full custom sprites yet :<

YOU, MY FRIEND, ARE A FAGGOT! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT BEAUTIFUL POTENTIAL FOR CCC MATERIAL! GO BURY YOUR HEAD IN A MAN'S ASS AND SMELL HIS FARTS UNTIL YOU LEARN WHAT TRUE BEAUTY IS.

ahem

I want it, basically.

YOU, MY FRIEND, ARE A FAGGOT! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT BEAUTIFUL POTENTIAL FOR CCC MATERIAL! GO BURY YOUR HEAD IN A MAN'S ASS AND SMELL HIS FARTS UNTIL YOU LEARN WHAT TRUE BEAUTY IS.

ahem

I want it, basically.

yeah well

i'm canadian

the only thing i'm smelling is free healthcare

Fuck, she even said EXACTLY what was wrong EVERYWHERE. How is that NOT constructive?

I'm not sure that generalized, ambiguous, and vague criticisms (excluding a few) count as constructive.

I circled all the parts that need to be addressed. I'm not going to hold his hand and babysit him throughout the process. If you're so concerned about it, why not try expanding on what I've pointed out rather than bagging on me for it? This is how I critique. I'm not going to sugarcoat things, and it's not as if I'm outright insulting him or asking him to fuck off and stop spriting. If you don't like it, then you can ignore it. Otherwise, be "constructive" yourself.

Well, it isn't entirely awful.

...from a distance.

ykMr.png

Hair - wtf is going on in these parts (1)

Face - Shading, son, shading. Blend shit out more. (2)

Body - Shading, son, shading. Why the flip does everything look so awkward. his shoulders are tinyfucks. (3)

Clothing - Shading, son, shading. Pillow + wtf trim + he needs to iron that shit out. (4)

1. Locks going over locks in an awkward position, probably. I could also see some problems with shading in the rightwards our POV of his hair, and where the bangs meet the face.

2. His shading is inconsistent. He really needs to stick with a lightsource. Also, he can't blend things in very well, such as whatever it is he has on his cheek. If that is a scar, it does not look like it, and perhaps he would want to use lighter tones or a more obvious approach to a scar than that.

3. Inconsistent shading, again. Sometimes the lightsource looks like it is directly above the sprite, and sometimes directly in front, and sometimes from the sides. I see how it looks awkward, but can't describe it. Also, dunno about the shoulders comment. She probably means they should be broader.

4. PILLOW SHADING. This is a big no-no. If you don't know what it is, well, it's the thing where you shade the borders. This doesn't establish a clear lightsource, and makes the sprite look incredibly awkward. Here. Also, the trim looks bland and flat. I'm not very good on trims though, so I dunno. Finally, his shirt is all over the place. It really needs to kind of rest on his body instead of going bananas and looking like it's hard material. I think that's what the ironing comment means.

Are you all goddamn joyful already.

disclaimer: i actually know jackshit about sprites

Edited by Stolypin Necktie