Colm, assassin or rogue?

Of course, you're all missing the point of my question here.

Colm was made to steal stuff and maybe kill a few things here and there, not to ORKO bosses. Who in their right minds would make COLM of all people kill Riev when it could far easily be done with pretty much any other combat unit you have lying around. Don't tell me you solo'd the game with a thief.

Honestly, the argument should really be Pick and Steal vs +30 WEXP (I checked their promo bonuses and caps and the difference is negligible). Even if your using Colm as a semi-combat unit (as I am), unless the chance of something happening is above 70% (like Rutger's crit with a Wo Dao, IIRC), you should never rely on it. Colm's 15% chance of activating Silencer with a killing edge means diddly-squat when you can just have Seth/Franz/Ephraim lance a guy's face off. Raw stats are preferable to random chance. The reason I asked whether or not Assassin Colm is better than Rogue Colm isn't just because I was wondering if Silencer was useful, but because I thought I may have missed some sort of advantage the Assassin had over Rogues. So apparently, not only are they roflstomped by SMs, they're also beaten out by Rogues in terms of pure usefulness.

Also, I like Pick because all my units have full inventories most of the time, so saving a few inventory spots where I can cram another javelin instead of a chest key is always a plus for me. Gold isn't an issue since you get so much of it anyway (and if not just sell your secret books or something). Maybe other people can finish chapters with nothing but 2 hand axes and an elixir, but I'm not one of them.

Oh yeah, I promoted his majesty into a Rogue. He's 17/2 now, has ridiculously good avo, and can do well for himself with a KE and a lancereaver, but honestly, the early game thief wasn't made for killing things, so none of us should really debate about the viability of him killing a boss. Not even a noob would throw their 15 str Rogue at Riev when you have 4 paladins sitting around. I merely wanted to know if Silencer was any more useful int his game than in FE7.

And yeah I missed Cormag the first time I played this game cuz I beat the chapter he shows up in 3 turns.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic