2nd playthrough time

Female has better skills, male has easier pairings and passes down awesome MU abilities to another character. Male seems generally better, but I'm alternating between the two, personally. Mainly for the sake of getting all the characters to show up in the Support Library for completion stuff.

Edited by Othin

I'll Otis for my second play through ( when the game eventually comes out in aid) will do a female solo ......

Exempt for skirmishes which I will use for gaining supports do I can get all the awesome children.

I think though that male mu is probably better because it means that you can have more supports + kids have more freedom..

I suggest alternating, if just to unlock some different supports. Male MU seems to be better by a little bit as Othin said, but at least Female MU has Dark Pegasus going for her.

Edited by ReedTien

Male can pass down any skill to any child other than Lucina, which is amazing, but female can pass down a skill to Lucina, and get probably the best skill in the game, Lightning Speed. (It's at leat in the top 5)

May I ask with all the side chapters, how long do you think this game is compared to the three GBA games?

Prologue

25 numbered chapters

Final

17 sidequests

44 chapters for the main story content, beating out even FE10 for the longest game in the series. Although it can be as short as 27 chapters if you choose to ignore the sidequests.

There's also bonus content. At least six additional sidequests will ultimately be available for free through SpotPass, although only one has been released so far. We also know of seven paid DLC chapters, but based on how they seem to be going about releasing this DLC, it's probably a safe bet that we'll ultimately see at least 15. And without paying, there are unlimited SpotPass battles and skirmishes on the existing maps, with 120 unique SpotPass teams ultimately going to be released.

So in terms of length, I'd say this game has the rest of the series thoroughly beat.