Resistance screwed up

Belf

bfjmad.png

mcrgpi.png

For some strange reason I encounter this problem where one or two of my units has a messed up resistance stat. All I have done hacking wise is change the lyn mode base stats and growths for all of the lyn mode characters, and just changed the non-lyn mode growths of the characters. I have no idea why kent and wil have maxed out resistance, as they were both supposed to have 0.

I tried changing the base stat of resistance for kent on non-lyn mode from 0 to 1, but all it did was lower kent's res. from 32 to 31. Any info or hypotheses on this problem?

When you set it to 0 originally, did it display a 0, --, or the 31 value?

They (kent and wil) both showed 0 in lyn mode. I actually never needed to alter wil's resistance at all since by default he starts with 0 resistance. However, I did need to alter Kent's resistance from 1 to 0, but I don't think I did that incorrectly.

edit: WTF? I put in a clean rom using the same save, and the resistance for kent and wil is STILL messed up at 31 each. Therefore it's a problem with the RAM that probably was caused by a programming error or something.

Edited by bartre

edit: WTF? I put in a clean rom using the same save, and the resistance for kent and wil is STILL messed up at 31 each. Therefore it's a problem with the RAM that probably was caused by a programming error or something.

don't use the same save

in a save, the stats of each character is already saved to memory

therefore, it's a problem with you not understanding how RAM works