A new member draws near! Command?

Oops... wrong series. Anyway, hello good people of Serenes Forest. Anyway, my name is Jasmine, or Jas for short, but you could call me Mermaid as well. I'm really not particular to what I'm called so long as it's not something stupid. Tangerineemote9.gif I am twenty-three years old, and I'm from good ol' New Jersey in the United States (oh what am I kidding, NJ is a rat's nest). Moving along, I have a bachelor's degree in biology and I'll be attending veterinary school in the fall if all goes well. I've been hooked on video games ever since I was a littler girl. When my dad was around, he used to play Atari 2600 and NES games, and I can recall countless hours of sitting next to my older brothers and watching them play SNES games.

Anyhoo, I've been a fan of Fire Emblem since Marth and Roy's debut in the west in Super Smash Bros, and the subsequent release of Blazing Sword (not that I knew that was the proper name at the time, but still). I have played every FE game to have an official stateside release, and a few that haven't. I'm a huge fan of the series, and I also enjoy the (somewhat) similar Wars series also by Intelligent Systems. Lyn.gif To this day, Blazing Sword remains my favorite game in the series, not to mention one of my favorite video games ever, along with Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger.

With all that out of the way, I'd consider myself a pretty amiable person, and I'm happy to be here. Please don't hesitate to drop me a comment or PM if you want to be friends or just chat. : ] I promise not to bite... much. Tangerineemote4.gif

My dad used to play Doom as well. I miss having him around, really (getting off topic). He ws the absolute KING of Space Invaders, though, and really loved gaming. If he saw some of the stuff they're coming out with today I'm sure he'd be more than impressed. It's nice to meet someone with similar experiences. biggrin.gif

Um, hello, and welcome to Serenes Forest! I do hope that you'll enjoy your time here! You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and some sensible interests~

That your post title is a references to classic Dragon Quest amuses me ever so much. I think that we'll get along great!

Welcome aboard Mermie, kidding of course, but is always nice to have a new forums member to see around. smile.gif

[spoiler=Jasmine Recruited!]

You'll find me Far From the Forest of course, as the Forest is where Diadora.gif lives, not me.

Also, relatively interesting abridged back story you have there.

I've always been one not to stray off topic (usually), but if that's commonplace then hey, let it happen. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif Anyway, thanks for the warm welcomes, and I look forward to chatting more with you guys around the forums. Being attacked by Christmas (or Santa?) is always a good thing in my book. That's one day I can't get enough of even if I don't celebrate it. Kappa.png