This board needs more Paper Mario

Metal Rabbit

This topic actually made me pick up Paper Mario TTYD at a local gamestop a couple days ago while trying to find some DECENT DS games(sarcasm.) I have to admit, it's somewhat better the second time around.It's like the finest wine; it tastes better as it ages(is that ironic or what). I've been playing it non-stop for the past few days, which is probably why I've been absent for the past couple days( and completing my academic advising, which is a pain in the ass.) I must have been a complete moron to not have bought this game the first time around. Does anyone feel the same?

TTYD was great. I didn't really like Super Paper Mario. After TTYD, I decided to replay the first one on an emulator. I disliked the 30 BP cap and at about 70% completion, the game crashed and my file got deleted >_>

TTYD was great. I didn't really like Super Paper Mario. After TTYD, I decided to replay the first one on an emulator. I disliked the 30 BP cap and at about 70% completion, the game crashed and my file got deleted >_>

Wow, THAT SUCKED!(jk)

I just finished TTYD yesterday and for some reason it was WAY easier than I remember; even the Pit of 100 Trials was far more doable than the first time I played the game. I guess I just stopped listening to the online guides about wasting 8BP on the Feeling Fine badges and a whole bunch of other crap you don't need( I didn't even use Lucky Day.)

I liked the first one, despite my age at the time, I thought it was a little too easy. I sure many other people thought the difficulty level was perfect, but Super Mario RPG destroys all them. ( On second thought, I wouldn't say destroy, but it was definitely one of the best games I have EVER played.)

Edited by Donatello

It doesn't really surprise me that so many people on this forum like Paper Mario, since it's by the same company that made Fire Emblem.

I, too, enjoyed Paper Mario: TTYD immensely and am still amazed that ESRB saw fit to give it an "E for Everyone" rating...

Oh, and Super Paper Mario has been out for more than a year now, in the States at least: I got my copy back in April 2007.

It doesn't really surprise me that so many people on this forum like Paper Mario, since it's by the same company that made Fire Emblem.

I, too, enjoyed Paper Mario: TTYD immensely and am still amazed that ESRB saw fit to give it an "E for Everyone" rating...

Oh, and Super Paper Mario has been out for more than a year now, in the States at least: I got my copy back in April 2007.

Now I see why your username is Paper Jam (just a theory, maybe you hate Kinko's or something) I also wondered why they would give it an E as well; I mean SSBM received a T rating, and its main claim to fame was just mindlessly pounding your friends and the CPU into submission. I guess they figured the general population wouldn't pick up on some of the more vulgar nuances the game possessed.

As of now, I've never played Super Paper Mario but have heard good things about it. One conundrum I don't understand is that how can it be good if its not a real "RPG"

( If I sound myopic then that's because I'm about to depart)

• 4 weeks later...
omegaevolutions Super Paper Mario playlist

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=84019C84073BA010

Wow, not to be crass or anything, but this looks boring as hell. I know IS have made some awesome games, but this is sitting precariously on the edge of being mediocre( maybe I shouldn't say that, out of fear of the PM fanboys lurking about....)

I didn't love Super Paper Mario.

I miss the partner system.

There are more foibles present than the absence of the partner system in Super Paper Mario. Overall, I think it satisfied the mass of gamers looking for something new to play, but nowhere near as spectacular as some of its other titles. There's many good things to be had, but arguably so.

Ok, I'm back....

( looks around in vain)

Hello... anyone?

What's the point of that post? And this post? I'll never know.

Anyways paper mario ttyd is great

wish i could play i could again.