Isn't GBA Era the best? Post if you agree or disagree

Nihil

I think what people are trying to articulate here is that most characters in FESS feel relevant to some extent, even if only in the chapter they join. Colm and Neimi, Ross and Garcia, Lute and Artur, Natasha and Joshua are all important in the chapter they join, whereas in many other games in the series, you start a chapter and see an enemy unit with a face and a name who doesn't look like a boss and realize you can recruit them. Even PoR, which spends a lot of time on character development, does this a lot (Devdan, Tauroneo, Ilyana) and FE7 does it all the time. Most characters have their first lines only when the battle they join in has already started, which makes it feel as if those characters are only tangentially related to anything going on. For the most part, FESS is a different story in that regard.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I REALLY like fire emblem 7. But the rest, compared to 7 is not up to standard. Still good, but not Blazing Sword tier. However, I like all the SNES titles almost as much as I like 7, but not as much.