Isn't GBA Era the best? Post if you agree or disagree

Nihil

nope it sucked fe8 was the only good one

I don't think that only because it wasn't as hard as FE6 and 7. I mean I liked the story and characters but I didn't have that challenge too me

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO FE6>FE13>FE9=FE7>FE8>FE10. I never played the others, but yes, between the ones I've played, the gba era is the best.

I started FE4 but it bored me and I stoped

I don't get all the hype on the GBA games, they're so overrated. The only good one I thought was FE7, and even that one fell to too much hype. When ever I hear someone saying GBA>DS, it's not because of the Gameplay, but the animations. I was especially pissed when I found a comment on an early teaser of FE12 saying "The GBA games looked much better."...

Well, the DS games do look terrible...

I disagree, FE9 and 10 are better

I agree with this post entirely.

RD > Awakening > PoR > TSS > TBS > SD imo. Blazing Sword is overrated and a bit boring to me. But it has Sain so it's not all bad. :3

Sacred Stones has a much more interesting story, imo. RD, PoR, and Awakening are all just amazing everywhere. Shadow Dragon turned me off fast. Horrible art style and I'm forced to sacrifice people. Plus, I don't like Marth.

Overall I'd say the GBA era is my favourite. The fluid battle animations, compact sized maps, convenient pick up/play game mechanics, and clear over cluttered interfaces are just some of the reasons why I keep coming back to 6-8. I've noticed that Sword of Seals isn't too popular on these forums but I really enjoyed the game despite possessing some noticeable peeves. The Elibe games would have to be my favourite sub series as often found on game in each sub series as a hit and the other as a miss. Sacred Stones in my opinion had excellent replay value thanks to branching classes, a world map and campaign that was short but very sweet. Personally I think Awakening did a splendid job of replicating and surpassing the charms of Sacred Stones. I believe that the SNES and GC/Wii games are more creative than the GBA games but I found the latter to be more consistent and polished as a whole.

If you're talking only graphically, then it's stupid to judge a game just the way it looks. For example, Tales of Xillia had awful graphics for a PS3 game, but it was easily the best one we've recieved in years. If we're seriously talking by gameplay, FE12 says hi...

@Ranger Jack walker: Flashier does not always mean better. For example, the SM animation was pretty lively, but was WAY too overdone.

I'm talking graphically. And no, I'm not judging them, I actually really want to play them. I'm just saying they look ugly

Edited by Nobody

I'm talking graphically. And no, I'm not judging them, I actually really want to play them. I'm just saying they look ugly

Same logic for me.

I can't play something that's not aesthetically pleasing.

Same logic for me.

I can't play something that's not aesthetically pleasing.

That's not what I said... I find them ugly, but I want to play them. I'd really prefer if they used another art style, but they being ugly wouldn't prevent me from liking them.

FE8's story was better in my opinion.

FE8's story was brilliant to me because nearly every character involved in the plot was executed rather well, especially Selena, Caellach, and Lyon (moreso on Ephraim's route).

I don't think so. FE7 has the best story in the series, hands down.

I disagree,

There are too many inconsistencies I can't look past, especially during the second part of the final chapter.

FE9 had the best story in my opinion.

It's kinda hard to not have an incentive if you're facing a possible zombie apocalypse.

Actually Zeem has a solid points

The only character who is not relevant at all(in a sense that they are not the part of the alliance by default) was Ross and Garcia(who is technically an old Renais General IIRC), Amelia, Gerik team(who is recruited by Innes), Joshua(who become relevant in the story.... somewhat) and Arthur + Lute.

And unlike FE1(Marth and Hardin stomps everything while Sheeda recruits everything), 3(Marth conquest), 4(Sigurd conquest and, after his death it become ALL about Leif who dominated the scene. And the sad thing is Seliph is supposed to be the main character), 5(Leif conquest), 6(might as well be called Roy is awesome: The show), 7(Eliwood and Hector story), FE8 is not entirely dominated by one faction. Innes is just as relevant and amazing as the main character duo, if not more.

Edited by JSND

All I'm saying is that it's easy to give characters an incentive to join a cause if it involves a large scale problem that affects literally everyone, because it's pretty much saying "if you don't join the whole world ends." Albeit I haven't played FE8 in a while (it doesn't challenge me anymore so I have a hard time enjoying it), there aren't too many unique reasons to join the main army other than "gotta stop the zombies"