So I started over Platinum

Emeraldfox

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which grass type

• Pick Leafeon, your favorite Pokemon ever
    • Tangela for some sweet Tangrowth action
    • Carnivine!

I have a conundrum, I have no idea who should be my grass type should be. I've never used any of them for a main story Platinum run, but I can't decide man. They're all of my favorite type, but Leafeon is my favorite.

My current team is Monferno, Luxray and Floatzel, in Pastoria. Gonna get a Altaria and a Frosslass later.

help

In terms of good grass types in Sinnoh, you haven't got a very large pool. You've passed over Turtwig, so Roselia is basically all that's left. There's one other I might be forgetting, but eh.

Grass types aren't mandatory and they aren't very good.

Leafeon if you must.

No type is mandatory, but I always have a grass type with me in every Pokemon game, gotta give my favorite type some love.

No type is mandatory, but I always have a grass type with me in every Pokemon game, gotta give my favorite type some love.

Fair enough.

I do like grass competitively though, the viable grass types always have some quirks to them that makes them worth using, as to counter act their terrible stab getting quad resisted by a lot of combination of types and their numerous weaknesses. Of course, theses quirks, are often irrelevant in an in-game run, which prompted my disapproval in the first place.

I'd go with either Roselia or Snover really. Just feed a level 35 Snover all your Rare Candies you accumulated over the adventure and you have your Snover caught up to your team as a full blown Abomasnow. Also, buy a Blizzard TM for it while you're in Veilstone. Due to Snow Warning, it has 100% assured Blizzards.