magic the gathering, anime style

I decided to make mtg cards out of anime characters and such, particularly since I did enjoy making mtg cards out of the FE10 cast. In any case, here are my cards, and I'm open to criticism/ideas/etc.

What cards do you like or not like and for what reasons? And what series do you want to see?

LightYagami-2.jpg

L-1.jpg

Ryuk.jpg

SwimmingLessons.jpg

Diversion.jpg

DeathNote.jpg

SimontheDigger-1.jpg

SimonLeaderofTeamDai-Gurren.jpg

Kamina-1.jpg

YokoLittner-2.jpg

TengenToppaGurrenLagann.jpg

GigaDrillBreaker.jpg

WhotheHelldoyouThinkIamKick.jpg

Edited by Progenitus

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Light and L work better as planeswalkers because they never "fought" on the battlefield, but used their wits against each other. And also because of your sorcery speed activated abilities theme.

Light and L work better as planeswalkers because they never "fought" on the battlefield, but used their wits against each other. And also because of your sorcery speed activated abilities theme.

Eh, if there was a Ryuk card, he might be a planeswalker since he can cross between the dead world and the living.

Scouter's funny, though it should be power of 9 or 8 or something, to go with the 9000/8000 bit, might be too situational though.

Why does Goku gain haste through level up? Seems completely useless.

Scouter's funny, though it should be power of 9 or 8 or something, to go with the 9000/8000 bit, might be too situational though.

Why does Goku gain haste through level up? Seems completely useless.

I don't really know magic mechanics, but what I read via google search makes it seem like you can level up without tapping. That being the case, you might be able to summon goku and level up and count that as allowing you to untap goku that first turn due to him getting haste. I don't know why it would make any sense to say, have levels 4-7 also add haste, since it just seems redundant at that point (unless levels stay on a card if it is put in the graveyard or returned to your hand - which I assume is not the case based on what I remember of magic).

Also, ascended saiyin goku technically has the wrong picture - that's super saiyan level 3, ascended saiyin is like, a different version of super saiyin but still on level 1.

His second stage has haste because if you play him and immediately level him to 4, I believe he will not retain any of his abilities in his first level other than the level up.

I chose 5 power as the amount to sacrifice scouter, as it's the same power that the naya shard uses alot and 9 power does take awhile to reach, and if scouter stuck around too long it would be a strictly better telepathy (not like anyone plays that card, but still).

Also, I chose "ascended saiyan" because I thought it sounded cool :mellow:

IchigoKurosaki.jpg

MonkeyDLuffy-1.jpg

NarutoUzumaki-1.jpg

Edited by Progenitus

His second stage has haste because if you play him and immediately level him to 4, I believe he will not retain any of his abilities in his first level other than the level up.

That's true, but wouldn't the initial level up alone already untap him for use? (so he doesn't need to retain haste) Either way, it may be superfluous but it doesn't seem to affect the card negatively in any way.

Making luffy die instantly from blue seems a little dramatic, since heck mizu luffy is surely one of his most powerful forms, but I think that refining it further would be gimmicky so it's probably a good weakness.

Guest Goldie

My fellow human being self doesn't seem to recognize any of these cartoon characters lolz - isn't that funny?! BWUEHEEHAHHAHAHAJOHOHOHOKAKKEEKWBEUAHAAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA~! OhoooOOOOO! However my fellow human being self does notice that Falcon Punch fellow hehehhHEHEHEHEEEE! :]

Edited by Goldie

Oh that is cool, man. I don't watch anime, but it's Magic, so I like it xD Do you have the thread on your FE10 MtG cards handy? I wanna seeee. :D ...*goes to look*

You're almost too good at this. :P Do you work for Wizards? Rofl. Really, though, it's impressive how well you adapt all of this, Progenitus. ...god I'm talking to a five-headed hydra the size of a mountain