The enemies in Infinite Divine Weapons (DLC)

For those unaware, the enemies in this episode are the

Dark Warlords, which also appeared in the main story, but now number 36 instead of the usual 12.

I'm not sure if their origins are discussed much in the main story, but I doubt it. However, the DLC seems to shed some more light on this matter.

When the chapter beings, I believe a random character says a line and some characters have pretty curious things to say about these enemies...

Krom

You guys, did you die in the battle to save the world?

Right now, we're still fighting in our world.

Like you guys, we're fighting a battle we can't afford to lose.

So there's no way we're dying here.

I hate to do this, but we're going to have to clear you guys out...!!

Is this suggesting the Dark Warlords are the parents from the failed timeline? Other characters' quotes seem to further suggest this...

Lucina

Just then, I saw a dark warlord carrying a holy marking just like me and father.

It seems some of you warriors were originally carriers of the Holy King's bloodline.

If I could just fight that warrior... they're sure to be as strong as father.

I'd like to think one of the Dark Warlords could be Krom, but would Lucina be able to recognise him? Granted, the Dark Warlords do look terribly zombified.

Tiki (credits to TheEnd)

I... know you. Even if your appearance and form have changed, I simply know. Not only you've paid the price by becoming like this, but you're now going to destroy with your own hands what you used to protect? I won't let you. I'll protect these children... and the memories I have of you.

Now this line really interests me, but I'm not entirely sure of what it entails.

Cynthia

Er... Have I met you guys somewhere before? Maybe we fought in the future or something.

That's weird, it doesn't feel like it's the first time we've met.

I mean... I almost feel nostalgic...

Hmm... But I'm sure it's just my imagination! Okay, Cynthia, let's go!

Apparently more of the children have lines like this, but I haven't seen them yet.

All the characters have some line when they first fight any of the enemies. I think the only conversation otherwise is between Krom and the Dark Warlords before and after the map.

Well, I remember the theory existed before IDW was released, relating to the ones in the main story. Maybe there was some indication of it? Either that or it was just a logical conclusion.

Now this line really interests me, but I'm not entirely sure of what it entails.

Oh, please. Of course you're sure.

That dark warlord, he is a MARTH.

Tiki (credits to TheEnd)

I... know you. Even if your appearance and form have changed, I simply know. Not only you've paid the price by becoming like this, but you're now going to destroy with your own hands what you used to protect? I won't let you. I'll protect these children... and the memories I have of you.

Would that line not imply that she knew them in this timeline? How else would this Tiki have memories of them?

So maybe it's Marth and friends?

Or someone she met even before Marth?

That dark warlord, he is a MARTH.

Yeah, after read Tiki's quote.....I'm pretty sure that Dark Warlord is....Marth. (what interesting conclusion)

The reason? Read this part

Not only you've paid the price by becoming like this, but you're now going to destroy with your own hands what you used to protect? I won't let you. I'll protect these children... and the memories I have of you.

Edited by whitewings ilia

They say those lines the first time they enter battle with any Dark Warlord, regardless of which one.

It's also worth noting that they're clones. You still have the same 12 as in Ch22, but now there are duplicates to make the total number of 36: I'm guessing there has to be at least one of each, but otherwise, it seems random. Each Warlord has set stats and skills, but their weapon is random. Only exception is the boss in the middle: always an Eins with a Gradivus, and always stationary, unlike all the rest.

Edit: Okay, not at least one of each. My most recent run of the map had no Drei. Quite fortunate.

Edited by Othin

I'm not sure if this has already been asked, but are there pictures of the Dark Warlords floating around?

Not that I know of, but they're the generic Corpse Soldier portraits for their respective classes.