anyone played kid icarus: uprising?

Cammy white

It has some of the best Voice acting i've seen in a Nintendo game. I love this game and have played it for 120 hours, the game never takes it self serious which leaves a happy mood in the story. It has plot twist and a surpise for if you thought the game was over. The controls however give me cramps even with the Circle pad Pro.

im a left handed kind of girl and yea makes my right arm tired as hell but its worth the fun xD

@ emelina yes you should

did i mention dark pit is more sexier than pit xD

What because he's evi?. Well evil is sexy.cool.gif Also I i'm left handed and I feel better using my right hand with the stylus.

Dark Pit isn't evil he's neutral. Also yes this game is fantastic and if Awakening wasn't going to validate me owning a 3ds this game would have. I love everything about it and it's my favorite game of the year so far.

im a left handed kind of girl and yea makes my right arm tired as hell but its worth the fun xD

@ emelina yes you should

Have you tried using the control setup with the movement controls set to the buttons on the right?

Anyway, I am not too happy with the game. Each level consist of a flying part and a ground part and I suck at the former. When I set the difficulty so low that the later part would have an appropriate difficulty, then I won't make it through half the stage of the first part in one piece. And the fact that you have to use hearts each time you restart means that it gets quickly very expensive for me to simply retry until I get it right.

I really love the ground stages, though. The customization options are really neat and it's a heck of a lot of fun putting them to the test in multi player.

However, the engine really is not made for platforming. So I am not sure what they were thinking, including such parts.

And Bosses seem to have way to little hp. I was quite irritated in chapter 2 when the boss kicked the bucket just when Palathena was about to give some exposition on the boss. And I already set the difficulty higher back then. Tried the next time with 6.0 and Palathena barely got much further. I set it even higher and the flying sages clipped my wings faster then I could say pitfall.

Something similar happened with Sociopit too. Attacking him right away made me win in a few seconds. Next time I gave him a few seconds to start roaming and I got best fight I had in some time. I entered crisis mode twice and Sociopit died when I hit him in melee when he dash attacked into me while I was still in emergency mode. Took me a moment to realize I didn't actually die. Such an awesome finish.

Speaking of Brat Pit, since you rarely see a boy scout like Pit these days, the extreme contrast between the two is quite amusing.

Edited by BrightBow

Why yes, I have played Kid Icarus: Uprising. I've played it quite a lot, actually, and it's certainly an amazing game. Have a (non-exhaustive) list of reasons I love it:

• The gameplay (controls) is really well done and really fun
  • The script/banter is hugely entertaining. TVTropes even has a page specifically for it.
  • I LOVE the weapons system. No matter how you play you'll find some weapons you love to use
  • Dark Pit is a really interesting character. Evil counterparts are not uncommon in gaming but Dark Pit is really his own man and does an excellent job of being neutral
  • The music is utterly amazing. I really love Dark Pit's theme, the music from chapter 18 (the dog's theme), Pyrrhon's theme (the motif that plays when he appears during air battle), the music from chapter 11, the space pirates' theme (the music from chapter 8), the reapers' theme (and the music from chapter 4)... all of it really.
  • Chapter 18 (all of it)
  • Chapter 22 (all of it)

I could go on but I think I've made my point. I don't actually have the game with me at uni at the moment because I've left it with my brother (who technically owns our copy) in an attempt to get him to love it just as much.

Also, while we're on the topic of weapons I really like my laser staff (my first weapon over 300 value, if you can see something you can kill it), my shock orbitars, my rail cannon (it's especially good in air battle), my violet palm (although I'm going to try some other palms eventually) and my capricorn club (hard to use properly but good fun when you know what you're doing).

Why yes, I have played Kid Icarus: Uprising. I've played it quite a lot, actually, and it's certainly an amazing game. Have a (non-exhaustive) list of reasons I love it:

• The gameplay (controls) is really well done and really fun
  • The script/banter is hugely entertaining. TVTropes even has a page specifically for it.
  • I LOVE the weapons system. No matter how you play you'll find some weapons you love to use
  • Dark Pit is a really interesting character. Evil counterparts are not uncommon in gaming but Dark Pit is really his own man and does an excellent job of being neutral
  • The music is utterly amazing. I really love Dark Pit's theme, the music from chapter 18 (the dog's theme), Pyrrhon's theme (the motif that plays when he appears during air battle), the music from chapter 11, the space pirates' theme (the music from chapter 8), the reapers' theme (and the music from chapter 4)... all of it really.
  • Chapter 18 (all of it)
  • Chapter 22 (all of it)

I could go on but I think I've made my point. I don't actually have the game with me at uni at the moment because I've left it with my brother (who technically owns our copy) in an attempt to get him to love it just as much.

Also, while we're on the topic of weapons I really like my laser staff (my first weapon over 300 value, if you can see something you can kill it), my shock orbitars, my rail cannon (it's especially good in air battle), my violet palm (although I'm going to try some other palms eventually) and my capricorn club (hard to use properly but good fun when you know what you're doing).

well for me i i liked the guardian orbitars,phsophora bow and the sonic cannon they really take advantages on some point but what's really annoying in this game is when

u play MULTIPLAYER mode u get shot in the beginning and have a little hp left and get owned so badly i got angry =.= idk what skills are they putting

Have you tried using the control setup with the movement controls set to the buttons on the right?

Anyway, I am not too happy with the game. Each level consist of a flying part and a ground part and I suck at the former. When I set the difficulty so low that the later part would have an appropriate difficulty, then I won't make it through half the stage of the first part in one piece. And the fact that you have to use hearts each time you restart means that it gets quickly very expensive for me to simply retry until I get it right.

I really love the ground stages, though. The customization options are really neat and it's a heck of a lot of fun putting them to the test in multi player.

However, the engine really is not made for platforming. So I am not sure what they were thinking, including such parts.

And Bosses seem to have way to little hp. I was quite irritated in chapter 2 when the boss kicked the bucket just when Palathena was about to give some exposition on the boss. And I already set the difficulty higher back then. Tried the next time with 6.0 and Palathena barely got much further. I set it even higher and the flying sages clipped my wings faster then I could say pitfall.

Something similar happened with Sociopit too. Attacking him right away made me win in a few seconds. Next time I gave him a few seconds to start roaming and I got best fight I had in some time. I entered crisis mode twice and Sociopit died when I hit him in melee when he dash attacked into me while I was still in emergency mode. Took me a moment to realize I didn't actually die. Such an awesome finish.

Speaking of Brat Pit, since you rarely see a boy scout like Pit these days, the extreme contrast between the two is quite amusing.

i tried adjusting the controls but A X B and Y just dont make a good control to move around ill stick with the circle pad for that. I need a circle pad pro to make it easier

My bro loves it (completed it. ALL OF IT)

But I'm left handed, and have almost no coordination in my right, so it renders it almost impossible for me to play. Bummer, because I bought it myself :/

My bro loves it (completed it. ALL OF IT)

But I'm left handed, and have almost no coordination in my right, so it renders it almost impossible for me to play. Bummer, because I bought it myself :/

If you really want to play it you could buy the extra button thing...

Oh i love this game. I love the lines they are pretty awesome. :awesome:

Also, the combat system is funky at first but it is actually quite good if you manage to get used to the stylus controls. I still don't know how to use weapon fusion (only a little bit) but i lucked out with a deadly viridi palm :3 Value 266 with cont fire + 4 shot range +1 and evasion + something (useless in online really)

Edited by SlayerX

This game is amazing. The dialouge during chapters is funny, the plot is decent

Hades surprise entence

]And the best part of the game was

Pyrohn or however you spell the guys name

• 1 month later...

I was already addicted to this game, but I just tried the online for the first time. It's really good, best online I've played in a handheld game by light years. Hell, I like it more than most onlines for console games. It's got the perfect pace and style for the game and feels really balanced. My only complaint is that there won't be any new maps or game types because it's Nintendo, and on the 3ds no less.

Online could be fun if not like very second match has someone on the team not actually playing. And since the game automatically puts you them further matches without any confirmation on their part, they won't get away until their batteries run out.

Also there are at least two maps that for some reason aren't used online.

Yeah, that gets annoying, but when you get a good game or lobby it's a lot of fun. And every online game has it's share of problems so I consider the ones in Kid Icarus to be relatively small.