Another (simple) question about using Tiled in conjunction with the EA

dondon151

My apologies for bothering you folks with easy questions.

In Arch's video tutorial (from what this beginner can tell), he uses a tile change ID parameter, linking a tile change to an event that can be triggered), in addition to a tile change code that specifies which tiles to change to upon triggering the event. The code requires going into the reference tileset and obtaining the coordinates (offset?) of the tile changes.

Now, I know that Nintenlord's Tiled tool will insert all map layers that correspond to map changes - how does that fit into all of this? Does this mean that I can skip some of the steps above?

In Tiled, you give a layer a property called ID and you need its value. You use it with map change codes such as MAC1 and its ilk, if you need to use them. You don't need TileMap macro or anything it points to, the inserter will create those for you.

Alright, so a slight bit of confusion that I've encountered:

I'm assuming that I need to go into the FE7 event table references module and change the pointer for Ch.11 map changes (if I've replaced the Ch.11 map). How do I find the offset for these map changes (let's say that I inserted the map via Tiled at offset 0xD00000)?

I'm guessing that this is related to the pointer options in Tiled. I didn't check those boxes because I was confused as to what the pointer offsets actually corresponded to, so I manually went into the FE7 event table references module and changed the Ch.11 map and events pointers, but right now, the events are triggering the native Ch.11 map changes, not the ones that I inserted.

EDIT: nevermind, fixed my problem by figuring out how to calculate the values of the map and map change pointers. All of the map changes work as intended.

The only problem now is that the screen is almost completely dark when the chapter starts - I'm not sure what this is entirely due to; maybe the Ch.11 world map events? Or maybe I was missing something important in the Event Assembler code?

EDIT 2: wait, that seems to be fixed too.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to generate a unit on the map with no starting items. I tried using empty square brackets, but EA spits out an error when I do that.

EDIT 3: figured that out, too, thanks to Doku.

Edited by dondon151