Its almost impossible to beat this game on Hard mode!!!!!

I mean look at it, the Dawn Brigade is weak and underleveled, the enemies are WAY above them in both stats and level. You can't see the enemies attack range or use battle save which adds to the annoynace. Any tips or hints on how to get past it. Its only part 1 I have trouble with, the other part aren't that hard to do.

If you are having trouble, play more defensive. For someone like Edward who dies in two hits, use the player phase to heal and dish out damage through counterattacks.

Also you should be using Sothe and Volug liberally.

If you are having trouble, play more defensive. For someone like Edward who dies in two hits, use the player phase to heal and dish out damage through counterattacks.

Also you should be using Sothe and Volug liberally.

But those two will take up needed EXP for the Dawn Brigade. I'm trying to save BEXP for the last chapter. I'm mostly letting Nolan steal all the EXP but Laura and Edward die in one hit and in up having to restart the chapter.

I also suggest Forging weapons if you have a decent amount of gold in your pocket! I think i forged for Edward , Nolan, Jill, Aran and Zihark. Maybe Micaiah too if you don't want to use Thani that much! Hit and Power are the most Important Stats to come into factor!

...and i ended up Ditching Edward and Laura. They are just too weak...

I think Nolan will be the Best Dawn Brigade member for endgame! Oh, and Tarvos Help's too. May want to use Hammerne for that weapon!

Edited by Folgore Purple

I also suggest Forging weapons if you have a decent amount of gold in your pocket! I think i forged for Edward , Nolan, Jill, Aran and Zihark. Maybe Micaiah too if you don't want to use Thani that much! Hit and Power are the most Important Stats to come into factor!

...and i ended up Ditching Edward and Laura. They are just too weak...

I think Nolan will be the Best Dawn Brigade member for endgame! Oh, and Tarvos Help's too. May want to use Hammerne for that weapon!

Hmmmm so I should stick with Nolan then? But he got RNG screwed(Level up 4 times an STR hasn't gone up at all)

It's generally accepted you can actively train 2 or 3 first tier units in the DB chapters. You're gonna have to fill the rest of your roster with the prepromotes and stuff. Not like that's a big deal though, there's still enough EXP for the first tiers to have them hit promotion around part 1 endgame, as long as you limit yourself to a few focus units.

He's got a point. I think my most reliable DB Units for their chapters and Chapter 4 was Nolan, Jill, Zihark and Tauroneo. Zihark Petered out for me Chapter 4 Prologue since his defense sucked!

Nolan can still be redeemable. 45% Growth isn't the best but not the worst. His Defense may take a dive. That is why i suggest tarvos...

Aren't topics like this one of the main reasons why FE tier lists exist?

But those two will take up needed EXP for the Dawn Brigade. I'm trying to save BEXP for the last chapter. I'm mostly letting Nolan steal all the EXP but Laura and Edward die in one hit and in up having to restart the chapter.

Okay. But is anyone saying that your Part 1 BEXP should be going to Sothe or Volug? No offense, but skimping on giving units BEXP until the Part 1 endgame may not be such a wise decision. Nolan is one good candidate for BEXP, although Jill is no slouch either. At any rate, like the above Daigoji Excellen said, you'll have to focus on just 2 or 3 unpromoted units for the DB. Any more than that would just make things even harder. As for who to pair Nolan up with, I would recommend Zihark. But it's your call. Edited by Fancy Grunt

Aren't topics like this one of the main reasons why FE tier lists exist?

Not really. Some units are very good at certain points but are ranked poorly because they don't contribute well overall or are ranked very high for things your ordinary player won't find useful.

Anyways, don't focus on the long term so much when playing higher difficulties in FE. Generally, the earliest part of the game is the hardest and you're given good failsafe units later on. Just focus on making it easier now and you probably won't screw yourself over for later as long as you don't do really stupid things like kill everyone off.

Personally I say train 2 tier one units tops, with Nolan and Jill being the best two (not counting Micaiah here). If you train 3 you'll be stressed on Exp. There is also no point in training three because you won't need that many for part 3 and you won't have enough Exp for all 3 to catch up to the GMs in part 4 anyway.

Generally, units like Volug, Sothe, Tauroneo and Zihark are enough to get you past the part 3 chapters, so it's not exactly "wasting exp on Jeigans", since you'll only need the Jeigans anyway. Also make sure to push the units you want to train to .99 in the base so they get off the poor start faster.

If you get horrible growths, then restart a chapter early on. After those first crucial levels ups to avoid getting bogged down by strength and speed, the rest is more forgiving.

-Prologue. Let Edward not attack a full HP unit, but counter attacked, then have Micaiah or Edward get the KOs.

-Ch.1. Again, let Edward and Nolan tank the hits without attacking a full HP unit, only when they can avoid a counter attack. Have Micaiah/Leonardo behind the two or Edward weakening the enemy. Probably best not to let Edward get too many KOs since you can have Zihark take over for him. Nolan/Micaiah getting KOs is probably perfectly fine for where you can fit it in.

-Ch. 2. Same thing. Edward/Nolan tank hits while the others weaken and spread the KOs as needed. Once Sothe gets there, you can use him to weaken up stuff or unequip and simply lure the enemy in.

-Ch3. You'll probably have to use everyone. Keep allies close. Move slowly in a group checking enemy ranges. Enemy reinforcements like every few turns. Get KOs to those who need it and avoid getting too much EXP to those that do not.

-Ch4. Similar tanking strategy to lure in enemies and give KOs those who need it. Try to KO and attack laguz when transformed for the most EXP gain.

-Ch5. Sothe to the south with a knife to steal the Master Seal thingy. Make sure the first 3-4 enemies are KOed on the first turn north of starting point. Then, make your way onto the center and then cover the ledge with a couple units. Chapter is pretty much over after the first three turns.

-Ch6. Again, you'll probably have to use everyone. Keep everyone together getting KOs to whoever needs it.

Yeah. The general idea is you sort of have to use everyone in part 1 while focusing on a couple of brigade units such as Nolan, Aran, Jill, or Edward, etc. Get supports for Volug, Nolan, and Zihark. The extra 15 evasion helps. In part 3, it'll be more about using those units you focused on in part 1 such as Nolan, Jill, Zihark, etc.

Unless Edward procs spd every lvl, he'll be very frail and won't double.

(Or at least I've heard.)

Aran is mediocre in HM.

Nolan is good, and Jill is good, though she wants alot of resources.

Zihark and VOlug can easily fill in, and Zihark can just be a filler.

Have VOlug get his strike lvl up by killing enemies as often as possible.

Give Sothe forged knives.

Use Nailah and the LEA.

Use Illyana for 1-2 chapters, then ditch.

Use Laura ONLY for healing.

Do NOT use Meg/Fiona.

Unless Edward procs spd every lvl, he'll be very frail and won't double.

(Or at least I've heard.)

Aran is mediocre in HM.

Nolan is good, and Jill is good, though she wants alot of resources.

Zihark and VOlug can easily fill in, and Zihark can just be a filler.

Have VOlug get his strike lvl up by killing enemies as often as possible.

Give Sothe forged knives.

Use Nailah and the LEA.

Use Illyana for 1-2 chapters, then ditch.

Use Laura ONLY for healing.

Do NOT use Meg/Fiona.

Does he really need to proc speed every level up? His base is 12, and I know you need 14 for chapter 2 (so proccing once in prologue and once in chapter 1 is needed) I think there's a point where you don't need to proc speed every level up. That said, I ended up using a master seal to patch up his speed in my game so I don't know what that point is.

Edited by Starwave

Does he really need to proc speed every level up? His base is 12, and I know you need 14 for chapter 2 (so proccing once in prologue and once in chapter 1 is needed) I think there's a point where you don't need to proc speed every level up. That said, I ended up using a master seal to patch up his speed in my game so I don't know what that point is.

Don't expect Edward to get more than two levels during prologue and chapter 1. And yes, him getting 14 spd is of great importance. If he doesn't have that in chapter 2 his exp gain will drop significantly and it'll never get quite back up.

I feed Edward on 1-P all the kills so he can get 14 speed and be good doubled with nolan, building support and beeing able to avoid more. But yea 1-1 is a bitch if u go agressive.

I mean look at it, the Dawn Brigade is weak and underleveled, the enemies are WAY above them in both stats and level. You can't see the enemies attack range or use battle save which adds to the annoynace. Any tips or hints on how to get past it. Its only part 1 I have trouble with, the other part aren't that hard to do.

You mean those features got removed in Hard Mode?

You mean those features got removed in Hard Mode?

Its a bitch isn't it. Anyways i'm on chapter 1-6 and I let Nolan steal all the kills. my Nolans is a level 20 Fighter so far with Max out SPD,SKILL,STR, MAG,DEF. Man he's uber good.

Don't expect Edward to get more than two levels during prologue and chapter 1. And yes, him getting 14 spd is of great importance. If he doesn't have that in chapter 2 his exp gain will drop significantly and it'll never get quite back up.

He's guaranteed to level up in prologue once after killing 3/4ths of the mooks. If he doesn't get a speed proc, then its advised that you reset the chapter (it shouldn't take you too long, and I think its reasonable to do so). After killing the boss you're well on your way to your second level up. (I think I was at like 78 EXP at the beginning of chapter 1). In chapter Nolan joins and he should obviously get his fair of the EXP too, but if Edward kills a few mooks + the boss it's likely that he'll gain 2 additional levels. And even if he doesn't, the beginning of chapter 2 has a single mook which is ripe for the picking (in which you're liable to reset too).

(~tested last week)

I haven't gone past chapter 2, so i'm not sure if he needs to keep proccing speed at this point... does he?

Edited by Starwave