A quick question

Seung Lobo

Hector's Mode

Chapter 17x

I want to know if Dart ever moves or attack? Okay, I tried using Raven to lure him away from the arena, but he didn't move. Now the next turn, I placed Raven directly beside him and I end turn. And Dart STILL doesn't act! I wasn't sure why, but I want to know if he ever made an act. I asked my friend about this, but he finds that there's no info about Dart in that chapter. I tried numerous of units beside Dart, but still nothing. Dart is just a sitting duck.

If someone can clear this up for me, much appreciated.

• 2 months later...

That wasn't a quick response.

THIS is a quick response!

Quick is a status effect of sorts that gives you the next active turn. Quick status can be gained by having the spell 'Quick' successfully cast on you or by having the reaction ability 'Critical: Quick' triggered. The triggering of Critical Quick occurs when the unit with the ability equipped receives damage that leaves them with under 20% of their max HP.

While Critical Quick might not seem that great there are situations when it is the best reaction ability in the game. For a more reliant way to gain Quick, learn it for 900 JP from the Time Mage skill set. Quick costs 24 MP which might be a little costly but has decent speed (25) and a decent formula (targetsfaith*castersfaith*(MA+140)). Rig some zodiac compatibility between your group and Quick can be very reliable and fun to use.

Quick can be reflected (though not Arithmeticked) but the most interesting thing about it is that it can be Counter Magicked! Seriously that exclamation point isn't one of the fake ones that should be a period, I actually used to get giddy when considering this. Look at the spells that can be Counter Magicked:

- All Black Magicks except Firaja, Blizzaja, and Thundaja

- Holy, Unholy Darkness

- Mystic Arts except Belief and Disbelief

- Slow, Slowja, Immobilize, Quick, Stop, Gravity, Graviga, Meteor

- Bio, Biora, Bioga

- Meltdown, Tornado, Quake

- Attacks from the Blaze Gun, Glacier Gun, and Blast Gun

So just how does Quick fit into all this? With the proper setup you can orchestrate a near-endless chain of Quicks within your team (sometimes referred to as The Quickening), acting and acting while almost no in-game time passes and the enemy sits there staring at your chain of constant action.

Ramza: "Restore lost time in a spiral line! Quick!"

Edited by Randombobman