A question about weapon ranks and class changing

spoon98

Hey i was thinking of paring krom and female my unit together to get both mark and Lucina together. Will mark be able to gain both Aether and royal weapon like Lucina since its through Krom or just royal weapon because it would be treated as if Lucina had the child?

Mark will not inherit the Lord class: as Krom's son, he'll inherit Royal Weapon, but he won't be able to get Aether.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark will not inherit the Lord class: as Krom's son, he'll inherit Royal Weapon, but he won't be able to get Aether.

ok thats what i wanted to be sure about ik about the class just not sure about the skill im probably going to have my unit marry either Lucina or Tiki at this rate unless i get influenced by another opinion.

For the Wyrm Slayer weakness (as rare as it is) you can just give your chara Sword Slayer. Problem solved.

im not going to be using mark for just a strat im goin to be getting him his other skills too

the problem im having with deciding is to get Aether (lucina) and no permanent weakness or better stats(Tiki) extra class

Edited by spoon98

Mark has stratagist as a class option to be regardless of parents right?(even though he might start as it depending on parent) Also How come Valhart's conqueror ability includes prevention of beast weakness even though he can only marry MU

Yes, Mark will have Strategist as a class option no matter who the other parent is. If I'm understanding your second question correctly, you're asking why Valhart is protecting himself against the Beast weakness? He rides a horse, which marks him with the Beast classification. He's also armoured. The Cavalier promotion line would benefit from this, which are options for Mark.

If I'm understanding your second question correctly, you're asking why Valhart is protecting himself against the Beast weakness? He rides a horse, which marks him with the Beast classification. He's also armoured. The Cavalier promotion line would benefit from this, which are options for Mark.

So you are saying now instead of horse slayer Cavilers are weak to beast weaknesses too also are great knights still weak to armor slayer? And Now with that knowledge will help me choose between 1 of the lords and Tiki thanks

I believe someone was talking in another thread about being able to get Aether on someone else if you pair MU and Lucina.

Is it possible to say pair MU with Inverse or Valhart and then pair Mark with another person/Velvet to get either Chambray with Overlord or another kid with Dark Blessing?

Pairing MU and Lucina will result in a female Mark, which still follows the rules of Lucina passing Aether to females.

Only MU can marry the child units. You can't pass Dark Blessing or Conqueror to anyone but Mark.

I'm going to make sure I've got 1 character with at least two weapon ranks so I have some variety. Like Lance and Axe or Sword and Bow... and mix it up with units like Falcon Knights/Dark Pegasus, Dark Knights, Brides, Demon Fighters etc.

i know the rules the only thing im cant decide is either on

better stats and extra class but a permenant weaknes

lower stats aether no weakness

lower stats royal weapon no weakness

idk if i really want valhart

also the dlc skills(ex paragon) and classes( ex bride) are they able to be used as much as possible or no

Edited by spoon98

I'm going to make sure I've got 1 character with at least two weapon ranks so I have some variety. Like Lance and Axe or Sword and Bow... and mix it up with units like Falcon Knights/Dark Pegasus, Dark Knights, Brides, Demon Fighters etc.

im pissed they fucked up dark knights

also the dlc skills(ex paragon) and classes( ex bride) are they able to be used as much as possible or no

The books/scroll/bouquet itself only has one use. Skills, once learned, can be used anytime. The class change items have to be used to change into Bride/Demon Fighter.

im pissed they fucked up dark knights

A better name would ease the confusion, but i would hardly say that the class is a screw-up. If promoting from a Dark Mage, it becomes a choice of keeping the use of Dark magic vs. better mobility. If you're nabbing skills from various classes, Life Absorb is nice if you can kill during the Player Phase. Promoting from Mage, Swords vs. Staves, caps/growths vs. mobility. etc. Although i can't really think of anyone making a decent Dark Knight capable of using both Swords and Tomes. Maybe Loran...

And I happen to like my Dark Knight Miriel. Richt... not so much. Needs a lot more work.

The books/scroll/bouquet itself only has one use. Skills, once learned, can be used anytime. The class change items have to be used to change into Bride/Demon Fighter.

One use for every time you complete the map, that is.

A better name would ease the confusion, but i would hardly say that the class is a screw-up. If promoting from a Dark Mage, it becomes a choice of keeping the use of Dark magic vs. better mobility. If you're nabbing skills from various classes, Life Absorb is nice if you can kill during the Player Phase. Promoting from Mage, Swords vs. Staves, caps/growths vs. mobility. etc. Although i can't really think of anyone making a decent Dark Knight capable of using both Swords and Tomes. Maybe Loran...

And I happen to like my Dark Knight Miriel. Richt... not so much. Needs a lot more work.

1. they could have done a dark knight for dark mages like that and mage knight instead of having swords you would have spears so one has more magic choices and one has weapon edge or just call it mage knight

One use for every time you complete the map, that is.

2. i still feel unclear about classes i understand skills you get one for every time clearing a map are you saying that's how it is for class change items too or no its permanent?

You get one scroll each time you clear KvK2, one bouquet each time you clear RvB2. Each of those items only has 1 use. You must use that particular item in order to CC into Demon Fighter or Bride.

ik that but do you mean one use and you cant redo hem to get another or i only have one at time

ex i get bride bouquet and a paragon scroll.I use it on Liz. Is that it or do can i redo it Erika's mission and Celice's missions to get another paragon scroll and Bride bouquet.

hey does Lucina need to have aether for it to be passable?

Lucina always inherits Aether from Krom. She doesn't need to have it equipped, but she'll always have it, even if Krom doesn't.

Lucina always inherits Aether from Krom. She doesn't need to have it equipped, but she'll always have it, even if Krom doesn't.

[/quote}

so then she will always be able to pass it right?

Also i just wanna be clear

if Krom is a parent he passes royal weapon

if Lucia is the parent she passes Aether

right the skill passed from the lords is determened by which one is the parent not by their childs gender right?

It's the child's sex that matters if either Krom or Lucina is one of the parents. Males will always inherit Royal Weapon and females will always inherit Aether, regardless of the last skill they're equipped with. You won't see a Krom fathered Degel or Cynthia with Royal Weapon, nor will you see Brady, Azure or Mark with Aether.

In Lucina's case, the only child she could have would be Mark, who's female. She'll get Aether.

Edited by Remnant Sage

so then she will always be able to pass it right?

Also i just wanna be clear

if Krom is a parent he passes royal weapon

if Lucia is the parent she passes Aether

right the skill passed from the lords is determened by which one is the parent not by their childs gender right?

No. Krom and Lucina both always pass Aether to a female kid and Royal Weapon to a male kid.

But yes, they'll always be able to pass the skills, no matter what.