My new Branching Classes Tree

Jotari

Are you saying the promotion at that weapon level would be optional or automatic?

I'm thinking of Pokemon, where if your Eevee gets enough Happiness, it can evolve into an Espeon or an Umbreon, but if you really want it to be another evolution, say a Vaporeon, you can keep it from evolving into one of those two even after attaining enough Happiness and just use a Water Stone on it whenever you want.

That, I think, would be much more accepted.

Edited by Othin

Are you saying the promotion at that weapon level would be optional or automatic?

I'm thinking of Pokemon, where if your Eevee gets enough Happiness, it can evolve into an Espeon or an Umbreon, but if you really want it to be another evolution, say a Vaporeon, you can keep it from evolving into one of those two even after attaining enough Happiness and just use a Water Stone on it whenever you want.

That, I think, would be much more accepted.

Yes the idea was that once you reach level 21 if you have a high weapon rank in something the unit will promote into a different class. Before that though you can use other items or a master crow to promote to one of the other options. It's not just that once you reach an S rank in anima magic he'll promote on the spot.

About the whole promotion via weapon level thing:

I don't like it either,the idea is nice in a way,seeing as some units actually train towards a certain class,but it makes things complicated(in the end the whole promotion system is complicated,since you promote in a different way for each promotion,why not making it to other games with branched promotion trees,that you can freely choose which class to use?).However I think that some people are overreacting a bit about that......

And now to something else:

I think you could scrap the mage knight,I mean riders can already become master knights and sages could easily become druids,which would fit even more as druids are in terms of weapon choice,the exact opposite of light mages.

And about my idea of scrapping a tier:

I think it could work for your tree if you scrap one of the tiers and instead give most(or even all)classes the possibility to promote into 3 different classes.

Most of the classes do have 3 final promotion options either way so it wouldn't be such a big deal to leave out one class in the promotion tree.

The only classes that this change would affect more drastically are those who don't have a total of 3 possibilities,like the myrmidon who has only 2,or the knight who has 4.

For those that have less than 3 options I would suggest:

-the myrmidon could be able to promote to the ranger class

-the bandit could promote to pirate,Berserker and warrior

-dragon rider could get a new class,I mean pegasi also have 3 class options,so why not dragon riders?Maybe giving them a magic using class too(overlord could easily be changed to a dragon riding class)

-gryphon riders could also get a new class(maybe gryphon scouts or something like this,with bows)

-well the soldier has 3 promotion options,but like already said I think the magic knight could be scrapped.Instead the soldier could get general as a promotion option or you could make sentinel a different class from halberdier,giving them light magic or something.

for those with more:

-well like already said the magic knigh could be scrapped,the gold knight could also be replaced by the great knight.

-for the knights I'd suggest leaving the black knight out,or maybe the great knight.The knights could also loose access to the master knight and the baron could be instead part of the knight tree only.

-the mage would obviously loose access to the monk and dark mage tree,giving him only the promotions options of the sage

-the mercenary would loose access to the dark pegasus knight

I think it could work for your tree if you scrap one of the tiers and instead give most(or even all)classes the possibility to promote into 3 different classes.

Most of the classes do have 3 final promotion options either way so it wouldn't be such a big deal to leave out one class in the promotion tree.

The only classes that this change would affect more drastically are those who don't have a total of 3 possibilities,like the myrmidon who has only 2,or the knight who has 4.

For those that have less than 3 options I would suggest:

-the myrmidon could be able to promote to the ranger class

-the bandit could promote to pirate,Berserker and warrior

-dragon rider could get a new class,I mean pegasi also have 3 class options,so why not dragon riders?Maybe giving them a magic using class too(overlord could easily be changed to a dragon riding class)

-gryphon riders could also get a new class(maybe gryphon scouts or something like this,with bows)

-well the soldier has 3 promotion options,but like already said I think the magic knight could be scrapped.Instead the soldier could get general as a promotion option or you could make sentinel a different class from halberdier,giving them light magic or something.

I do like the idea of giving Griffon Riders bows (and an aerial bow class in general). I also did consider linking the soldier and general class since they do promote that way in Gaiden, but really the actual class tree diagram made it far to awkward.

• 4 weeks later...

One thing I would advise is besides having this flowchart/branching thing is to have something simple like:

*Myrmidon (Sword)

**Swordmaster (Sword) <-> Assassin (Sword and Knife)

***Trueblade (Sword) <-> Ninja (Sword and Knife)

for your classes. Just something to think about.

One thing I would advise is besides having this flowchart/branching thing is to have something simple like:

*Myrmidon (Sword)

**Swordmaster (Sword) <-> Assassin (Sword and Knife)

***Trueblade (Sword) <-> Ninja (Sword and Knife)

for your classes. Just something to think about.

Somehow I feel that would end up looking a lot more complicated.

I would go in descending order: Infantry -> Armor -> Horseback -> Flying -> Magic. Because I would like to offer some help, but it's rather difficult to read the chart, I'm afraid.