Rate The Unit 2: Ruka

PuffPuff

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Normal.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody has already given good reason for a score +/- half a point from yours, you can decide not to explain your score, but I always encourage personal reasoning. Incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Weapon" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Alm: 9.59

Cellica is actually supposed to be character 11. She's still available for rating until the first 10 threads are tallied, so I'll score her after getting done with Alm's team in Chapter 1. I need a mod to change the topic character topic titles to have this resolved.

Let's see....

Grows less Str than Fols, but he gets more Skill and Defense than Fols. Also having better availability. He will need a better weapon equipped to get him to do decent damage until he can get some Str from the lion heads. Not like he needs it though. Especially with weapons that are already broken as it is. Overall...someone I'd recommend to use over Fols for a better Defensive wall. However, his bad movement hurts him as well as any other Armored Knight unit in the long run. Can't have the Speed Ring to resolve this as his Str isn't so good. x.x

2010123luka.jpg

7/10

Edited by アイネ

Great wall, he always ends up much better than Force in my playthroughs. But like the others said already, poor movement does hurt him. But in the end he's a reliable wall and I appreciate that.

7.5/10

Ruka is an excellent early game tank and while he early on acts as the game's Jeigan Character his growths are good. Unlike many other armored units, Ruka has no issues with speed. His only real problem is low movement.

Ruka also gets point for being the first Soldier in the entire series and for starting Alm's quest.

8/10+1 bias = 9/10

Cellica is actually supposed to be character 11. She's still available for rating until the first 10 threads are tallied, so I'll score her after getting done with Alm's team in Chapter 1. I need a mod to change the topic character topic titles to have this resolved.

You can change them yourself. Just click "Edit" on the very first post of this thread, then select "Use Full Editor."