twelve hours

Naglfar

A bunch of people are trying to get all the Pokemon onto one specific playfile (Black or White). And that means ALL of them (possibly excluding events, but I think they're trying for them too). In I think it's 72 hours or something, maybe more.

Explain what this is about, exactly. Will it essentially be someone playing through a Pokemon game, only live?

This is a week-long marathon in which the primary goal is to catch every single pokemon and put them onto a single cartridge (White, I think). As for event pokemon, I think they use glitches or tools where necessary, but they'll always use the legitimate method if it's available (and the method that's closest to legitimate if it's not). There'll be a lot of time left over, which they'll fill up playing spin-off games and shit like that. Plenty of information in those videos. They've even been on the news once, with a report on their Final Fantasy marathon prefaced with a picture of a guy playing Metroid with a 360 controller.