Rate The Unit 4: Robin

PuffPuff

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Normal.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody has already given good reason for a score +/- half a point from yours, you can decide not to explain your score, but I always encourage personal reasoning. Incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Weapon" as an argument.

-The votes will go by infinite class loops.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Alm: 9.59

Ruka: 7.89

Grey: 6.85

A pretty bad character. Phails at growing Str, Speed, and Def. It's best to make him a pallie, or archer as he gets good skill. He seriously needs lion head boosts along with the Angel Ring, and or shields to make him useable. Otherwise, don't bother with him. At least he has throughout the game availability.

3.5/10

Edited by アイネ

Thankfully for Robin, you're only as bad as your class's base stats. Obviously he sucks as a villager, but that's not for very long anyways. As a soldier, Robin will still get the automatic awesome attack and defense that comes with the knight and baron classes, or as an archer can always ping some annoying things at a safe distance. As a mage and mercenary, he could spam thundersword or excalibur somewhat decently, but his durability will get in the way a bit. 10% str and def is so so so horrible, but he can do a lot of different things not very well and can probably contribute somehow. 4.5/10

Hahahaha Robin... I usually turn him into an archer to give him SOME use, at least he'll have the best class in game then. Plus his high skill makes him hit more often than Python (/Pay/Paison). But he'll pretty much suck when he's turned in any other class and you'll probably want to bench him after chapter 3 anyway.

His availability is good, though, and he only needs one level for promotion. Once he's promoted he'll be useful for chapter 1 and if he's an archer he'll provide great support in chapter 3. That's about all good things about this dude.

But still, bad bases and growths kind of ruins his usefulness. This can be helped by having access to the best class in game, but he'll still be shaky then because of his bad stats, so 3/10.

Robin... quite honestly sucks. Maybe I'm not giving him enough credit, he does have his uses in Chapter 1/3 particularly if promoted to Archer (the best class in the game) but his growths are shocking everywhere that matters and no matter what class you put him in he'll be outclassed by Chapter 4 and next to useless by Chapter 5.

3/10

9/10

Pretty underrated, a lategame juggernaut if you make clever decisions during the campaign. Needs some resources to get going, but really, who else needs them?

9/10

Pretty underrated, a lategame juggernaut if you make clever decisions during the campaign. Needs some resources to get going, but really, who else needs them?

Are we talking about the same game? About EVERYONE makes better use of the 'resources' than Robin, unless you're talking about endlessly repeating shrine battles...

I seriously can't believe you've given him 3 points higher than Grey and even rated him higher than Luka...

Edited by Quirino

how is this guy like a full 4 points worse than grey when they join at pretty much the same time and are very similar etc.

I'll give this a go.

1. In their final scores there was only 2.4 points between them

2. Grey had a couple of very high votes that brought his average up.

3. Even though their growth totals are similar Robin has a worse spread than Grey. Ignoring bases for now (because just after a promotion in FE2/1 everyone is nearly the same) Robin has particularly dire growths in strength, speed and defence and Grey has low speed, decent strength and slightly poor defence. When choosing a class for a villager the class bases can somewhat redeem a poor growth e.g. the Mercenary line will give so much speed on promotion that if Grey becomes a Mercenary his speed problem is fixed for the first 7 levels or so of each tier and since his other stats are passable he's still a decent unit (I gave him a 6/10). Robin's problem is that there's no way to fix all 3 of his poor stats and even if you do he's going to fall behind the others as he levels up. This really hurts in third tier and the endgame where enemy levels start picking up (enemies have growths of 50) and you'll finish the game at... maybe level 12, at which point any low-growth units will be noticeably outclassed. His best option is to go Archer (1-3 default range yes please) to get some utility because in the conventional classes his growths are just too poor. Also, don't forget that in Gaiden it's very easy to get doubled so speed really matters and since there's no normal healing items (only healers and a few equippable items at 5HP a turn) defence matters more too.

I feel like I made a complete hash of that but maybe it's helped. If you still have questions I'll do my best to answer them.

3/10 if not including the infinite class loop.

6/10 if including the infinite class loop.

Um...it'll be hard to calculate the total with this. Which is it? 3/10, or 6/10. You can only pick 1.

9/10

Um...why are u rating him higher than Grey? His durability sucks along with his speed and power.

Isn't it up to you to determine whether or not infinite class loops should be included? And you might also want to take a look at Mekkah's rating, I think it could really use a revise...

I can go with the infinite class loops. Better state that in Dat rules.

Edited by アイネ