A Few Questions for Next Playthroughs

I completed Hard mode with a Male Mage My Unit to unlock the male class limits and been toying around in Lunatic Mode with another Male Mage My Unit, only to find myself stuck on Prologue Chapter 3. I also tried to do it with a female Myrmidon, but I found the class severely underwhelming on the difficulty. I was wondering what would be considered the optimal Myrmidon set up for Lunatic and whether or not to go with a female or male mage My Unit, the former for the early tomes or latter for Excalibur. The last question is if you guys had any strategies for Prologue Chapter 3 with Mage My Unit on Lunatic or if there were any videos I could study. I am loving the game so far, but Lunatic is very unforgiving unless you go Knight or Fighter (got past the prologue and a few chapters with a Fighter on Lunatic and Knight on Lunatic Reverse without too much trouble, though I mainly got through on Lunatic with the aid of Colonel M's videos). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Thadan

I see. Thank you.

Seems like I can only kill Jagen in Prologue Chapter I is if I take the STR/MAG +2 / HP +2 / +SKL/SPD % bonuses and Jagen has to have 27 HP if I have any hope of getting past him (just tested this and defeated him with 6 HP left and exhausting all three potions). Also, it seems rigging for Speed growths during the prologues is the only way this can really work. 60% chance for a speed boost huh? Loads of resets here I come...

But I shall press on.

EDIT: In prologue chapter 2, I could not find a way to get Luke to attack Ryan first on turn one. Always went after MU, even with the strategy listed. This is important because I could probably save a vital potion that could give me success in Prologue Chapter 3 (unless there is a way to clear chapter 3 using a Mage MU and no potions).

Edited by Thadan

I see. Thank you.

Seems like I can only kill Jagen in Prologue Chapter I is if I take the STR/MAG +2 / HP +2 / +SKL/SPD % bonuses and Jagen has to have 27 HP if I have any hope of getting past him (just tested this and defeated him with 6 HP left and exhausting all three potions). Also, it seems rigging for Speed growths during the prologues is the only way this can really work. 60% chance for a speed boost huh? Loads of resets here I come...

But I shall press on.

EDIT: In prologue chapter 2, I could not find a way to get Luke to attack Ryan first on turn one. Always went after MU, even with the strategy listed. This is important because I could probably save a vital potion that could give me success in Prologue Chapter 3 (unless there is a way to clear chapter 3 using a Mage MU and no potions).

Not sure if Mage MU x2 and Ryan are enough to kill Luke. If it is, then park yourself on the fort and heal up, THEN bait Rody.

Luke wont always go after Ryan. The AI in FE12 goes after the characters they can deal the most damage to. In some cases, they might go after a chance to crit over a weaker character. Mage MU seems like suicide and asking for frustration, but I think Paperblade got through H3 with one. Im not sure, but maybe you could ask him how he got through it?

Luke wont always go after Ryan. The AI in FE12 goes after the characters they can deal the most damage to. In some cases, they might go after a chance to crit over a weaker character. Mage MU seems like suicide and asking for frustration, but I think Paperblade got through H3 with one. Im not sure, but maybe you could ask him how he got through it?

I managed to get by it, as well as complete the Prologue chapters with the mage MU. I know it's frustrating, but I wanted a challenge so yeah.

Now, trying to decide what stat ups I should get for the Mage MU. I can afford about four of them if I blow all my current funds on them (on chapter one) though I don't believe that would be necessary. Also considering giving her the Maturity/Growth Drop, but unsure. Growth rates and stats so far:

Past: Orphan

Present: Strength

Future: Honorable

60% HP / 15% STR / 50% MAG / 65% SKL / 60% SPD / 60 % LCK / 5% DEF / 20% RES

CURRENT STATS AT LEVEL 7:

HP: 23 / STR: 4 / MAG: 8 / SKL: 10 / SPD: 7 / LCK: 7 / DEF: 4 / RES: 5

Tempted to give her speed boosts and a Seraph robe. Question is how many speed boosts while still having some money for weapons from the armories and such.

Edited by Thadan