What I love most about FE13

Andreyas

There's no Laguz.

I'm sorry but having units that cannot attack unless they're transformed? No thanks. I know we have Taguels but at least they fight like Manaketes and can use stones anytime they want.

Do you agree?

I regret I didn't play FE3 that much.

As for Manaketes, I plan to have Tiki and Nono finalize as Manaketes after reclassing them a couple of times. As for Nn, she might be either a Sage, I'm not sure yet.

I prefer laguz, you don't have to worry about stone uses.

Though, I liked how FE3 handled Manaketes the most.

But most laguz take multiple turns to not be sitting ducks, or cost buttloads to by laguz stones or olivi grass. Which sucks, since Ranulf and Skirmir are pretty cool :(

But most laguz take multiple turns to not be sitting ducks, or cost buttloads to by laguz stones or olivi grass. Which sucks, since Ranulf and Skirmir are pretty cool :(

Tried to do a Laguz-team final chapter run. Things were going well until Janaff got hit by an arrow... He had Resolve and Tear, but not enough to stop an Axe General. Oh well, I can retry it from my last save.

Laguz stones and Olivi Grass are cheaper than weapons. And you get given so much for free!

On laguz, I only liked FE10's since the game allowed untransformed fighting for more BExp and making them not useless when the gauge was down. Plus that game has Olivi grass everywhere as bargains and secret treasure, and Wildheart is available to my favorite non-heron laguz in case they need them to transform quick.

FE13 will be the first game where I use manaketes (and taguel) normally thanks to finally getting unlimited stones sold on shops. I like this change a lot. I can't compare with FE3 since I haven't played it (for how many turns could your manaketes stay transformed?), but I know I used the Starsphere on Tiki to train her in SD and that made them worthwhile.

RIght now my final team has the Laguz royals, Caineghis, Tibarn, Naesala, and Nailah... and I also have Lethe, Ranulf, Janaff, Vika, Muarim, and of course Kurthnaga, and Ena. I have Elincia for extra heals but might switch her out for Nasir.

Janaff , Ulki , Mordecai , and Skrimir are actually all really good units .

Maybe, but I didn't use any of them... I only tried Laguz in PoR and didn't like them... In RD I didn't even use one. I just don't like the idea of Laguz...

I don't mind the actual idea of the Laguz, but I wished it would have been that they are always in beast form in battle. Yeah yeah, I know about the Feral Ones, but come on, they should have been at least able to last an hour or two for one battle.

Hearing about the Taguels, it sounds like Manaketes who can't attack from a range. I'm probably wrong, though.

I liked Laguz a lot as an idea. But I didn't like them as combat units.

They take so long to transform and get little exp when transformed.

Taguels seems cool though. I'll definitely use them.

Edited by StrawSloththeSawSlothStraw

Wildheart is pretty much the same thing in Skill form.

Except that Wildheart kind of sucked ass. With the demi band, you stay in animal form forever but wildheart lets you untransform. If only if worked like Volug's in part 1. >___>

Except that Wildheart kind of sucked ass. With the demi band, you stay in animal form forever but wildheart lets you untransform. If only if worked like Volug's in part 1. >___>

Why is letting you untransform a problem?

The only issue I see is that with the Demi Band you could have the "full-fat" transformation and put it on when it runs it (Which would seem to be how a lot of people use it with Lethe in particular) while you don't have that option with Wildheart.

First of all, it'd help the cats out a lot. They don't have to grass every turn just to stay transformed. If they had a demi band, they could just focus on attacking and not grassing.

I agree that laguz units aren't usable compared to beorc units. At least, there should be more Wildheart scrolls and Wildheart shouldn't have the transformation gauge depleting after Part 1 for no apparent reason. As if having to fear beastkillers and fire magic and not as good as fully-transformed laguz aren't bad enough.

As for Manaketes, I plan to have Tiki and Nono finalize as Manaketes after reclassing them a couple of times. As for Nn, she might be either a Sage, I'm not sure yet.

Sage nn is broken. Manakete still has better stat caps, especially if you don't mind about skill and speed, but they can't use staves.

With the right father, you should give her Lethality too.

I don't mind the actual idea of the Laguz, but I wished it would have been that they are always in beast form in battle. Yeah yeah, I know about the Feral Ones, but come on, they should have been at least able to last an hour or two for one battle.

Hearing about the Taguels, it sounds like Manaketes who can't attack from a range. I'm probably wrong, though.

Taguels are also more skill and speed-oriented where Manaketes focus on Strength, Defense and a bit of Resistance. A Double team of a Dragonmaster backing up a Manakete (both maxed) is undamageable by most enemies in Hard.

I agree that laguz units aren't usable compared to beorc units. At least, there should be more Wildheart scrolls and Wildheart shouldn't have the transformation gauge depleting after Part 1 for no apparent reason. As if having to fear beastkillers and fire magic and not as good as fully-transformed laguz aren't bad enough.

Sage Nn is broken. Manakete still has better stat caps, especially if you don't mind about skill and speed, but they can't use staves.

With the right father, you should give her Lethality too.

Taguels are also more Skill and Speed-oriented where Manaketes focus on Strength, Defense and a bit of Resistance. A Double team of a Dragonmaster backing up a Manakete (both maxed) is undamageable by most enemies in Hard, and Manaketes are better at handling enemies that will always hit (like the enemies in Lunatic+). Taguels, on the other hand, will have better odds at avoiding attacks, and thus good for dealing with attackers with skills like Luna and Lethality.

Edited by nocturnal YL

I was actually playing around with some of the characters on the stat growth calculator. Chambray's growths with Donny as a father passing down Good Growths are absolutely monstrous...

Chambray(Berserker w/ Good Growths)

HP - 130

STR - 91

MAG - 33

SKL - 80

SPD - 86

LCK - 80

DEF - 63

RES - 38

I don't even have words for how ridiculuos this makes him as a unit. Not like he wasn't pretty crazy before. Good growths only really helps cover his RES and MAG uselessness, but it gives him a nice buffer for a chance at +2 HP and almost guarantees STR, SKL, and SPD on every level up.

Edited by Xjezhekiir

First of all, it'd help the cats out a lot. They don't have to grass every turn just to stay transformed. If they had a demi band, they could just focus on attacking and not grassing.

Like Wildheart would...?

Sage Nn is broken. Manakete still has better stat caps, especially if you don't mind about skill and speed, but they can't use staves.

I was playing with the calculator some more, and N_n with Good Growths is even more of a monster than Chambray... And she has access to quite a few classes(Including Sage) as a result.

N_n(Manakete w/ Good Growths)

HP - 133

STR - 81

MAG - 53

SKL - 78

SPD - 76

LUK - 91

DEF - 78

RES - 65

To be honest, I think I actually prefer this to Chambray in terms of deciding who Donny would get paired with.

/drool