What I love most about FE13

Andreyas

Nah, actually I like Laguz much more than any manakete I've actually used in the series. Not just in terms of being useful/less but in terms of being interesting to use.

(Haven't played much FE1-3 or 11-12 so that's basically GBA manaketes).

Yeah, I hated Laguz.

They were units that couldn't fight half the time, and whenever they could fight, they weren't much better than beorc units. Except for the laguz royals of course, but still, your other beorc units should be kicking lots of ass on their own anyways.

On the subject of Laguz, I think it's pretty cool that your Manakete and Taguel children can still reclass to other classes. I always wanted a Laguz mage in PoR and RD. Chambray's growths aren't exactly mage-friendly, but I can't wait to try it out.

I always wanted a Laguz mage in PoR and RD.

Agreed. FE9 and FE10 characters would be much better under the FE13 system. Anyone from any FE would benefit, but FE10 suffers the most of the "caps and growths don't match" problem.

Vika should be a mage, and Nolan (the only original Dawn Brigade member not to show up in FE13) should be a battle monk, griffon knight or berserker if he's in FE13.

Agreed. FE9 and FE10 characters would be much better under the FE13 system. Anyone from any FE would benefit, but FE10 suffers the most of the "caps and growths don't match" problem.

Vika should be a mage, and Nolan (the only original Dawn Brigade member not to show up in FE13) should be a battle monk, griffon knight or berserker if he's in FE13.

You've got me all excited with my imagination running now. Hah.

Imagine... Raven/Heron/Hawk mages. That would be a really cool idea to implement. I think it would add a lot more in the way of choice, to add classes to non-human races. Flying non-human mages(aside from dark pegasus) could add a new and refreshing alternative, among other things. And Vika would make an awesome mage, for sure.

Though, at the rate that would go... Fire Emblem would become another Disgaea/Tactics game with too many choices and addition of generics. Though I've always liked generics more than main characters for some reason.

Edited by Xjezhekiir

That could be really interesting, if like the Taguels and Manakete, they were set to retain the flying classification in all classes, but in exchange for the larger weakness, actually would move as a flying unit, at least in unmounted classes.

That could be really interesting, if like the Taguels and Manakete, they were set to retain the flying classification in all classes, but in exchange for the larger weakness, actually would move as a flying unit, at least in unmounted classes.

Precisely! Given that the Taguel seem to always retain their beast attribute regardless of class, I think the same could be possible for others in games where reclassing is possible.

Edited by Xjezhekiir