Magic Triangle(s)?

Onion

I was snooping around the FE13 section, and i noticed that there were Fire, Wind, and Thunder tomes ( as well as El- and Arc- versions),

however, i have heard nothing about a magic triangle or seperate magic ranks.

So, my question is is there a magic triangle, w/ Dark being neutral, or did they just put it the seprate tome type in the game

for variety? Or does Dark beat all the others or something?

Intresting. It seems kinda redundant to put in all those tomes that the only diffrences are stats.

Well, so you have to choose for the situation. Wind is the weakest, but most accurate, and is effective against flying units. Thunder is the strongest and least accurate, and Fire is in the middle.

Intresting. It seems kinda redundant to put in all those tomes that the only diffrences are stats.

It is. You pretty much use wind for accuracy or hitting fliers, thunder for power, and fire when you don't have enough of the others.

Dark magic is great, but in the case of Nosferatu, can get overpowered because of its easy availability and lack of drawbacks while having such a useful effect.

Edited by Othin

Discounting Nosferatu and I suppose the seige tome, is there any reason for Dark Mages to use other elements or is Flux and etc. usually better?

The C/B/A Dark spells don't match the power or accuracy of elemental spells at that same level. Ruin and Il have other effects that are generally better, but not always, so there's definitely merit in the regular elements. Goetia doesn't: it has no effect and is entirely outclassed by Falaflame, which you get earlier in the main story anyway.