Abilities

Oujay

How would you get a pokemon to have a secondary ability? For example, I have a Togekiss that has the ability Hustle, but I want to get one that has Serene Grace. How do I control what ability they have?

When a pokemon has multiple abilities available, you can't simply change between them. Whichever ability that pokemon has when you catch it is the one it will always have, unless it changes upon evolution, which is not the case with Togekiss. You'll have to hatch another Togepi and make sure it has Serene Grace before you start raising it.

When a pokemon has multiple abilities available, you can't simply change between them. Whichever ability that pokemon has when you catch it is the one it will always have, unless it changes upon evolution, which is not the case with Togekiss. You'll have to hatch another Togepi and make sure it has Serene Grace before you start raising it.

Also, note that in the caase of Pokemon that hatch from eggs, the ability and nature are set when you receive the egg.