halfrohp's 2nd sprite drop off & correctional facility

Tchyrimi

You need to shade the neck more aggressively. Follow the light source you established on the face and put your heaviest shading on the same side. Right now it just looks like the head is floating on top. The armpit shading is also very sparse and feels like your armpit is up too high as a result. Your fold shading should also go away from the center of the body, not towards it. Folds also need to envelope the shoulder to give it shape. That said I think the sleeves look very unusual even for extremely short sleeved t-shirts and you should either find room to move your mug up and make the chest and arm area longer so the arms can comfortably fit a t-shirt, or just don't bother trying to include the bare arms part of the t-shirt because it looks better without.

I have stuff to say about the hair but I'm being kicked off the comp at the moment. However I will say the hairline looks weird. I feel like I'm looking at some solid line of something beneath the bangs.

[spoiler=FE guys wearing cloth in similar angles.]

artur.gif

moulder.gif

Elbert.png

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

people are probably busy around this time with various things.

as for crits, I think the right side of his neck looks kinda wonky. His head looks a little long for the body. the hairline still looks funny.

It kinda looks like his right side is too far from his neck. iono. for now try moving the head and neck two or three pixels right.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Head's kind of small, for one. Even at the angle. Also the head and body angles don't match.

As for the clothing, it's super tight on him. Denim is usually loose. It looks more like spandex with a denim look to it. The pocket's also too high--we should see only the top at best. Widen it by two or three pixels, too.

For shading it, just reference denim jackets and try to replicate the texture.