halfrohp's 2nd sprite drop off & correctional facility

Tchyrimi

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

36tt4Rp.png Have some splices. #1 is for the TEB splice comp. Using Hausen, Joshua, and Rennac.

Would anyone be willing to help tutor me in the ways of sprite making? Or at least making them clean? I'm starting to understand basic concepts but I feel like I won't progress much farther without help. :?/

Edited by Tchyrimi or halfrohp

the first guy looks pretty neat, but his hair piece is the same as his collar. it kinda irks me. I really like the knight though. He looks really cool, i like the badge thing , adds a nice touch

• 4 weeks later...

Nil's hair guy seems to have very little neck and a body too large for his head. Think You might've put on his hair a bit low. Guy looks cool. You chose a good face, looks more mature without looking too different. Chibis eyes look weird cause you have the darker color on bottom. I'd go either solid color or darker on top. If that is guy, why'd his eye color change from green to blue?

• 3 weeks later...

FVHkJTV.png

Well here's Guy's corrections and a tiny batch of new things that I'm working on.

Left to right:

1: Camilla, probably some weak sword-using class, or a Peg. Knight I guess.

2: An attempt at a personal portrait. The left OPV hair I swear I'm gonna kill myself.

3: Some noble guy. Yes, the clothes are very messy.

Edits on Camille:neZSwvr.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The eyes seem very reminiscent of MK404's art style, and personally, I hate it.
Hair shading seems alright, though could use some more definition in regards to the parting.

Body overall seems very flat, with the cape not really feeling natural/realistic in relation to how it's shaded.

• 7 months later...

BOINGO!! Not dead yet, although this will probably be one of my last posts ever here ever. I did work on myself look

CHPuVXU.png I have a version with FE7 colors but w/e it can wait.

EDIT: This also isn't the most recent because the ear is stupid. I just pulled up my latest imgur upload.

• 3 months later...

eVrAAEZ.png Xenos, a new guy I've been working on recently. Had to watch videos on toga fashion to figure out how they would work on a sprite.

a0okbjd.png He's done.

ggW6Sxi.png A bunch of stuff I forgot to post here a while back. There are some generic bosses. That guy with red hair was a sudden inspiration. Huron (blonde FE8 colors guy) and the formatted one are going to be used for something hopefully. Female Ephraim was a splice between Ephraim, Eirika, and Neimi.

See you guys again in like a year!

• 3 weeks later...

Xenos' neck is really short, and there's some weird angling going on with his face, like his nose is a bit crooked. I like his body, though his arm looks pretty scrawny, I'd give him a bit more shoulder muscle. Ohonen's face seems pretty tall and skinny, and his ear looks pretty high up. His pose is strange, his head should probably be moved back a couple pixels.

Edited by Toa

As Toa said, some proportion issues there. Their heads seem a little too skinny, but bodies don't seem too bad.

I really like that personal OC Fire Emblem character... this guy?

a0okbjd.png

He's good. You can really tell the time/effort/love that went into this one. Nice work!

• 7 months later...

Hey Serenes, it's been awhile hasn't it? What better way to re-enter (sort of) than with some sprites?

ekReeoA.png

I don't know what I'm doing with Ohonen. I've never tried this kind of angle before. Feedback is definitely appreciated.

Hey welcome back! :D

Always enjoyed this thread. New entries look interesting, but its sad lots of the earlier links/images appear to be dead. :\

Anyways, commentary... Like the designs but the faces on the latest mugs look a little off proportionally.

Blond especially has a head that looks much too large for her body. While the redhead has the opposite going on in that her head seems a little small... Needs to be wider and a touch larger perhaps?

The in progress pose looks interesting too.

Once again, nice seeing you back. Looking forward to the next update! :D