RvB3: Lyn

Othin

According to Pegasus Knight, the Japanese name is 剣聖, which indeed translates to Sword Saint. 剣聖 is once more listed in S22's title in FE13, Renha's recruitment map; the full name translates to "The Sword Saint Returns".

To expand on this this, 'Sword Saint' is a rather literal translation of the term 'Kensei', a real-life title applied to legendary swordsmen like Miyamoto Musashi and Sasaki Kojiro. Renha's title isn't meant to be a reference to any specific previous FE character, it's just a case of IntSys reusing the same honorary title yet again.

Incidentally, T.G. Cid's Holy Swordsman class in Final Fantasy Tactics was called 'Kensei' in Japanese. I believe the PSP version retranslated the class as 'Sword Saint' as well.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaah sorry, I'm not actually trying to argue that Sigurd is the main while Celice isn't. I really think they're both equally as important and neither can really be flagged as the main, but it seemed necessary to list why Sigurd is just as important as Celice.

Celice lived. End of story.

All in all I think it isn't that important as for who is the more important main character,because even if you'll consider sigurd to be less important than celice,it doesn't change the fact that we'll get lyn despite the fact that she had a similar role to sigurd in fe7(both were the main characters for the first part).

So the actual reason why we're probably not getting sigurd is more likely the fact that he died,while the reason we're not getting eliwood,despite the fact that he has a similar role as celice(with both of them being a new main character for the rest of the game) is either because they wanted to keep their gender ratio(every set having one female,except for the sets with gender-exclusive classes) or because he looks too similar to roy(it wouldn't be hard to make him a different artwork,but I think it could be hard to make his in-game-face different from roys)

All in all I think it isn't that important as for who is the more important main character,

Hallelujah! Someone understands!

Also, I'd just like to point out; they still have to finish Light v. Dark, which means one more character (let's assume Ike, but I'm not saying that for a fact). There is no proof, however, that this is where the DLC stops. From what we've seen, they like to do these things in sets of three. Guess how many more lords there are left? Sigurd, Eliwood, Hector...three. After the completion of Light v. Dark and the release of Paris' map, they could possibly do a sort of "final series" with the last three lords just so everybody gets included (hopefully with Sigurd as a Master Knight for the gender-neutral new class).

Edited by Arch

All in all I think it isn't that important as for who is the more important main character,because even if you'll consider sigurd to be less important than celice,it doesn't change the fact that we'll get lyn despite the fact that she had a similar role to sigurd in fe7(both were the main characters for the first part).

So the actual reason why we're probably not getting sigurd is more likely the fact that he died,while the reason we're not getting eliwood,despite the fact that he has a similar role as celice(with both of them being a new main character for the rest of the game) is either because they wanted to keep their gender ratio(every set having one female,except for the sets with gender-exclusive classes) or because he looks too similar to roy(it wouldn't be hard to make him a different artwork,but I think it could be hard to make his in-game-face different from roys)

Very understandable.

As for Lyn getting in instead of Eliwood so far, all of RvB was releasing female DLC, so that's the easiest reason as to why Lyn got represented instead of Eliwood. I don't think it had anything to do with being any more or less important than Eliwood during Rekka?

And I know it keeps getting pointed out that it doesn't seem to be likely that there will be another map but as Arch pointed out, there are still three lords left, so the numbers at least add up to do another set. I don't want to say the will release another set since they've already hit the roof with ramping up difficultly, but I wouldn't rule out the plausibility until IS says for sure there won't be anymore DLC.

Plus Hector :( I want him with shiny new art

Does FE13 acknowledge every other lord besides Hector?

FE13 acknowledges the following characters as main characters through their appearance in ST and in LvD:

Marth / Caeda

Alm / Cellica

Sigurd / Dierdre

Celice / Julia

Leaf / Nanna

Roy / Lillina

Eliwood / Lyn

Ephraim / Eirika

Ike / Elincia

Sothe / Micaiah

Well, it's one male and one female per game, and some are less important than others. Still, I don't think their intent was ever to take characters from outside that group.

Talisman characters:

Marth/Shiida, Alm/Cellica,Sigurd/Diadora,Celice/Yuria,Leaf/Nanna,Roy/Lillina,Eliwood/Lyn,Ephraim/Erika,Ike/Elencia,Sothe/Micaiah.....

in Bold are the characters we got as DLC....now as you can see we got 1 game the haven't got any representation Holy War Gen 1 expect the next DLC either Sigurd or Diadora....

we got 2 games covered : Gaiden and Sacred Stones(Similar design), the first game got the male protagonist and the last game got the Female protagonist , from Elibe we got Roy as a male and Lyn as a female, from Tellius we only have females from Jugdral we only got males....I think next we will get Sigurd....

If this system repeats, I wonder who good old Masked Marth will be with in the future.

Krom/Masked Marth after all it's a map game where it has 2 Lords.....

Edited by Brave Lord

If this system repeats, I wonder who good old Masked Marth will be with in the future.

Krom and Lucina make sense as FE13 reps.

Talisman characters:

Marth/Shiida, Alm/Cellica,Sigurd/Diadora,Celice/Yuria,Leaf/Nanna,Roy/Lillina,Eliwood/Lyn,Ephraim/Erika,Ike/Elencia,Sothe/Micaiah.....

in Bold are the characters we got as DLC....now as you can see we got 1 game the haven't got any representation Holy War Gen 1 expect the next DLC either Sigurd or Diadora....

we got 2 games covered : Gaiden and Sacred Stones(Similar design), the first game got the male protagonist and the last game got the Female protagonist , from Elibe we got Roy as a male and Lyn as a female...

FE4 is a single game, even though it gets two SpotPass teams and four main characters.

And no, Sigurd's odds evaporated the moment Cellica was announced. The next DLC character, starring in LvD3, the final for the current batch, will be Ike. There is no other possibility. Sigurd could only get in if they go back for another batch with probably another pair of map sets at 2-star and 3-star ratings like KvK and RvB, and the odds aren't in favor of this.

Krom and Lucina make sense as FE13 reps.

FE4 is a single game, even though it gets two SpotPass teams and four main characters.

And no, Sigurd's odds evaporated the moment Cellica was announced. The next DLC character, starring in LvD3, the final for the current batch, will be Ike. There is no other possibility. Sigurd could only get in if they go back for another batch with probably another pair of map sets at 2-star and 3-star ratings like KvK and RvB, and the odds aren't in favor of this.

I did an edit you can find some odd pattern going on....I always thought Jugdral and Tellius are alike because they both introduced the Skill system,I know FE4 is a single game but we don't have a true FE3, let's consider it that....

and BTW Othin could you repost your pattern ?

Edited by Brave Lord

If they keep on with the gender duality and releasing more DLC eventually, it wouldn't surprise me to see Katarina as a DLC representative of FE12/the remakes even if she was only a boss and not in the male/female DLC teams.

Back to the topic of Lyn's DLC, I think she'll have Counter as her exclusive skill. I don't think they'll repeat Dual Attack+, although Charisma has been distributed 4 times so far among DLC. The rest of the male-only skills don't really fit her (Fiery Heart is weak and Gamble/Wrath don't seem like Lyn) and the villager/dancer ones were used up. Counter is also the Down + Special move in SSBB where she was a trophy, and it would go well with the dual swords wielding/parrying. That would leave Aether for Ike and Movement Cry for any possible paladin DLC.

I did an edit you can find some odd pattern going on....I always thought Jugdral and Tellius are alike because they both introduced the Skill system,I know FE4 is a single game but we don't have a true FE3, let's consider it that....

and BTW Othin could you repost your pattern ?

Well, there's not much left for me to add now.

ST: series heroes, Archanea map

Marth

Roy

Micaiah

KvK: Archanea/Jugdral males, Jugdral map

Leaf

Alm

Celice

RvB: Elibe/Tellius females, Elibe map

Elincia

Eirika

Lyn

LvD: series heroes, Tellius map

Ephraim

Cellica

Ike

If they keep on with the gender duality and releasing more DLC eventually, it wouldn't surprise me to see Katarina as a DLC representative of FE12/the remakes even if she was only a boss and not in the male/female DLC teams.

Back to the topic of Lyn's DLC, I think she'll have Counter as her exclusive skill. I don't think they'll repeat Dual Attack+, although Charisma has been distributed 4 times so far among DLC. The rest of the male-only skills don't really fit her (Fiery Heart is weak and Gamble/Wrath don't seem like Lyn) and the villager/dancer ones were used up. Counter is also the Down + Special move in SSBB where she was a trophy, and it would go well with the dual swords wielding/parrying. That would leave Aether for Ike and Movement Cry for any possible paladin DLC.

Hmm. I was going to say the DLC characterd don't always have exclusive skills, just class-irrelevant ones, but they do.

For the moment, I'm betting she'll have Royal Weapon, like Cellica. Fits with Astra.

Well, there's not much left for me to add now.

ST: series heroes, Archanea map

Marth

Roy

Micaiah

KvK: Archanea/Jugdral males, Jugdral map

Leaf

Alm

Celice

RvB: Elibe/Tellius females, Elibe map

Elincia

Eirika

Lyn

LvD: series heroes, Tellius map

Ephraim

Cellica

Ike

Hmm. I was going to say the DLC characterd don't always have exclusive skills, just class-irrelevant ones, but they do.

For the moment, I'm betting she'll have Royal Weapon, like Cellica. Fits with Astra.

Does Ike fit with Paris release ?

Royal Weapon does seem like a nice skill, and it fits her Sol Katti use a bit too. So far, the characters from the game the map is from have gotten 2 exclusive skills (Charisma + Good Growths for Marth or Lightning Speed for Celice), which might be an indication that Lyn can have 2 exclusive skills, Royal Weapon and Counter, or some other combination, but I think Counter is a good male-only equivalent to LS considering the main bosses have a skill to cancel them. If Lyn has Royal Weapon, Ike could have it too along with Aether.

Does Ike fit with Paris release ?

Othin has mentioned this a few times. I say yes. The announcement for the supposedly last DLC, LvD3, would be on the same Thursday (July 12) that the Paris spotpass is out, so speculation is that DLC Ike comes in the same class as him, due to the cape & hero similarities.

I'm 99% sure it's Ike, unless IS surprises us by extending DLC and in that case, if the set ends at 3, then the only other likely option is the Black Knight due to chapter 8 being an important chapter for him too. The BK would then be a Dark representative of the set, as well as the Tellius one, but with Ike being almost forced to come to DLC, I think 4 Tellius characters is unlikely.

Back to RvB again, there's no Red DLC character released, but Lyn is a possible mother for Roy, so that's a bit of a connection.

I'm 99% sure it's Ike, unless IS surprises us by extending DLC and in that case, if the set ends at 3, then the only other likely option is the Black Knight due to chapter 8 being an important chapter for him too. The BK would then be a Dark representative of the set, as well as the Tellius one, but with Ike being almost forced to come to DLC, I think 4 Tellius characters is unlikely.

If IS is really trying to give us a unit from each side, then BK would make sense instead of Ike. But it leaves to the question what role would the 3rd character play (in this case, Celica). Ephraim is Light, Celica is also Light. If we got someone who wasn't clearly on the Light side, I'd think we would be getting a Dark side character, but perhaps we already have (see below). Also, keep in mind that Red vs Blue was really Elibe vs Tellius, so it's no surprise we didn't get a "red" character. We did get an Elibe character though (Lyn).

I've also been thinking about our patterns and the lack of Paladins when I remembered Eltshan. I know he doesn't quite fit with the others being that he didn't get a re-design, but he is thus far the only other character to get DLC and what game does he come from? FE4 Gen1. If we include Eltshan in our DLC prediction, each game has been covered at least once at this point. In addition to that, Eltshan is kind of a villain DLC isn't he?

Edited by Shun One

Hmm. The thing is, he's a bonus from a monster DLC, and yet he does fit as an FE4 Gen 1 character and as a missing Paladin.

Of course, thinking things over, it's also possible that Lyn might just have Wrath.

I was thinking Wrath wouldn't go well personality-wise, but throughout the series Wrath has also been given to calm people that could fight surprisingly fiercely (like Brighton, Nephenee, Nealuchi, and others). Wrath makes a good combo with the Myrmidon's Vantage and it would add more critical to the Sol Katti.

If IS is really trying to give us a unit from each side, then BK would make sense instead of Ike. But it leaves to the question what role would the 3rd character play (in this case, Celica). Ephraim is Light, Celica is also Light. If we got someone who wasn't clearly on the Light side, I'd think we would be getting a Dark side character, but perhaps we already have (see below). Also, keep in mind that Red vs Blue was really Elibe vs Tellius, so it's no surprise we didn't get a "red" character. We did get an Elibe character though (Lyn).

I've also been thinking about our patterns and the lack of Paladins when I remembered Eltshan. I know he doesn't quite fit with the others being that he didn't get a re-design, but he is thus far the only other character to get DLC and what game does he come from? FE4 Gen1. If we include Eltshan in our DLC prediction, each game has been covered at least once at this point. In addition to that, Eltshan is kind of a villain DLC isn't he?

Yeah, I know Red vs Blue was more about Roy vs Ike, but there were connections between the characters or theme. Elincia was Ike's employer and queen, Eirika is a blue-haired queen on the GBA side, and Lyn is Roy's possible mother (or mother-in-law).

On the monster DLC, we've already see infinite experience, money and items. If there was one left for the missing star rating, what could it be? Skills? Nihil is a good skill that might be left, but Ike's DLC will probably come with it since he obtained it in RD, and it would be a good prize for the hardest map, as you would earn it if you've already faced the toughest skill combinations.

Well, monster DLC doesn't really have new content. And again, I feel like if they were going for more of them, we'd have seen them by now. Seems like they're just going for a trio, like with the other maps. Fits so nicely into the three-per-page layout of the shop.

Show me Ike or I will slit your throat IS! He's one of the most popular characters in the series! Show him already! It's on the level where Ike is one of the most important characters! Just bring him in already! You could've at least done Hecter, but noooooooo. You had to choose her. I shouldn've been Ike!

Sorry about that.